All-Star New Cali Allstars/arizona Rumor - True Or False?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 7, 2011
I had posted this on the old California Allstars thread but it has gone through so much dilution that I started a new thread. I don't like perpetuate rumors but I have to ask because the Gym Director spreading the information below is trying to recruit kids to their gym from other gyms based on it as recently as this last weekend.

There is an All-Star Director at a Tucson, Arizona gym claiming that the California All Stars are buying/merging with AZ Power (Scottsdale) and also another small Tucson gym within the next few weeks.

AZ Power is a cool gym and might kind of make some sense although I'm not sure what happens with multiple Worlds Teams from a single organization (anyone?). It would be a shame for Az. to lose one or two (depending on season) of its few Worlds Teams if there are limitations. The Tucson thing just doesn't make any sense at all and its a Tucson Gym Director making the claims.

Is there anyone from CA or AZ Power on here that can Officially shed some light on this rumor?

If its true, good luck and congrats .... if its a lie, I think this Director gets exactly what he deserves !

There's gym a, b, c gym... Gym A will take over B so there will be two gym A' s that soon enough will be come gym "C" ... Catch my drift?!

Translation: Rumor has it AZ Power is buying SCI Power in Tuscon for 2013-2014. Cali is interested in buying out both programs for 2014-2015.

From an outsider, more power to Cali. I'm jealous of Tannaz and Jeff starting an empire. However, I'm not sure I'm understanding the point of AZ Power buying another gym before becoming CA Allstars (if this actually happens). Does that mean a much bigger pricetag for AZ Power from Cali? I'm just curious from a business stand point. No judgement either way.

There are a lot of other gyms in AZ but the only ones that have Worlds teams are AZ Power, Desert Storm and (I think) USA Starz. Am I right in that if CA were to take over AZ Power, they could not have Worlds Teams in the same divisions? I can't see Power wanting to do that and it would really be a negative for them.

I don't know about the business aspect of this issue but it just seems really sleazy to claim an affiliation like this just before tryouts and there appears to be nothing but rumors that don't make any sense.

If that happens is it only Desert Storm and Arizona thunder left in AZ?

There are more gyms in AZ then those. I would agree these are the two larger ones but there is USA Starz that also has about 10 teams, AZFusion also has 7 or 8 teams and American Elite has 8 or 9 teams. Then there are many teams with 3 to 5 teams. Actually, AZ Power is one of those teams with only 4 teams. My daughter is on a Y2 team and many local competition had 5 or more teams in her division at most of the competitions this years. The M1 division sometimes had 9 or 10 teams in their division. In fact at the last local competition we attended (Cheersport) there was a couple of new teams.

I was about to say.. I find a new all-star program in the Phoenix Area almost every week! Tons of Gyms in the area, just not ones that are being "Followed" by the outside cheer world.

Back