All-Star New Cheer Athletics Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

(Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, apologize if you are) But considering Houston is further south than any of their locations, I'm pretty sure that's out of the running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Not being sarcastic, I didn't see that they were going further north.

Chicago??

Chicago would also be my guess. When they opened in NC everyone said how people on the boards had complained for a long time about the lack of quality gyms in that area.
People also have complained for a long time about the lack of quality gyms in Chicago...

Yes Capitol city sold, but definitely not to CA (so if they come here, it won't be to take over CCC!). It was sold to a coach formerly with a KC area gym, 360 Allstars (purple as well). It has been posted on the new owner's personal Facebook and a picture of him was posted from the Capitol city account so I'm assuming it's okay for me to be saying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I heard it was someone from Illinois that bought it. But I have long since learned to not say anything publicly till it becomes public for the reason it could only be a rumor, an intentional curve ball, or a flat out lie.

I am excited to see where they are going. Even though Pittsburgh has a lot they are mostly spread out. I think southern PA almost into WV would be good.

I've been hearing for years that a big-name gym wants to open a location in Kansas City but it's not CA attached to the rumor. Personally, I think the only area of Missouri that could provide what CA is looking for is St. Louis. Yes, it would change the cheerscape drastically but I think that's true wherever a Mega Gym decides to go.

Chicago would also be my guess. When they opened in NC everyone said how people on the boards had complained for a long time about the lack of quality gyms in that area.
People also have complained for a long time about the lack of quality gyms in Chicago...

Emily this is in no way directed at you. Just responding to the statement. I agree with this statement that people have made about their "perceived" lack of quality gyms in certain areas, but also admit as a small gym supporter these type of statements tend to infuriate small gym owners. They are trying their best to build their brand and for people (not you, but those that blatantly make those type of statements) to say a mega or larger branded gym needs to come into an area because there are no quality gyms truly grinds our gears. Just because a gym does not win Worlds or place top three every year does not make them a low quality gym. If we are judging by that standard, then we have declared the majority of gyms in the country ripe to be taken over.

If anything IMO gym plants seem to go where there are quality gyms that can potentially feed their new location. There is already an established market for it. Charlotte is a great cheer market with numerous gyms. Same for Raleigh. When I was in NC there were over 75 All Star gyms in that state. Most people outside of the state only knew CEA, Charlotte All Stars and Impact (until they closed and CEA Raleigh opened up) They were the biggest and most well known but not the only gyms in the state. Yet people acted like there were no other competitive options.

Gym and cheer drama aside, Chicago has had many very good gyms for years. What many saw in Chicago (and my guess in many of the locations talked about in this thread) is that the upper level talent was so spread out amongst so many gyms that it made it tougher to field perpetually strong upper level teams year after year. UA, ICE, CCR and many others known and many others off the radar and these boards are very good. This is just the big movement and wave of this time in the cheer industry.

Another thing to consider which has been said several time. Not every fantastic and fierce coach needs to be a gym owner. They may want to be because they want to decide gym colors, uniforms, who does choreo, music, which competitions the go ti, etc., but they have no patience or no idea how to deal on the business side day to day. So just because a program looks great on the floor don't mean the books are balanced, the staff is getting paid, and all is well. Having another gym come in and take over may be the only thing keeping that gym from closing down due to financial reasons. Better to have one with a big name come in and make it a move up than a lateral move with another gym that may be an equal.

Thank you. I heard it was someone from Illinois that bought it. But I have long since learned to not say anything publicly till it becomes public for the reason it could only be a rumor, an intentional curve ball, or a flat out lie.
I feel that! lol. The new owner's name appears to be public or else I definitely wouldn't have said anything (at least publicly...). The parents I know there seem excited about it!
I've been hearing for years that a big-name gym wants to open a location in Kansas City but it's not CA attached to the rumor. Personally, I think the only area of Missouri that could provide what CA is looking for is St. Louis. Yes, it would change the cheerscape drastically but I think that's true wherever a Mega Gym decides to go.
PM me the name attached to the rumor? That's one I've never heard! I think CA would have to go to StLouis or KC... I don't think Jeff City/Columbia would be appealing to them? I'm sure they'd do well anywhere they went, but in KC or StLouis there are tons of suburbs to draw from, whereas JC/CoMo just have little bitty towns between them and KC/Stl. There's no real "I live in the CoMo area" like there is "I live in the KC area".
It would be very interesting to see if they came here.

Latest posts

Back