All-Star New Full Up Grip?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What would be the perk of this grip over the cross foot full up? Is it easier to pull immediate single leg skills? Is it easier to work toward double ups? Just trying to wrap my head around why you would choose this grip over the cross foot, when the cross foot if done correctly can look like a real full up and this one doesn't with all of the moving under it.
I use this, partially, when doing a one and half. I don't know if easier than the cross leg type. I would only swap bases when going over a full up. We are constantly evolving.

Since your kids do this method can you share the pros or why y'all went with this method instead of others? Is it easier, better for getting immediate single foot skills, easier to get a double up? Just curious!

My coed 3 does this because I wanted to take advantage of my boys strength and so I have them base the basket but they are usually backspots. We go straight from the baskets into our pyramid so it was an easy way to get them back to their required spots. We do this simply because of convenience. But it also gets the bases use to rotating so it will be easier for me to teach them 1 1/2s with a similar grip in the future.

Back