High School New High School Uniforms 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When you get uniforms that fit, it is really easy but we have had way too many fit issues with Varsity. It would seem like when the rep actually comes and sizes the girls that a $300 uniform should actually fit, but they don't and in my experience Varsity is unwilling to fix it. Our girls each own their uniforms, and I think if they are ordering brand new uniforms, the rep should be seeing to it that they actually fit properly. We have had whole sets of practice wear that was sized to each girl and came in so small it was unwearable, and many, many too tight uniforms, skirts way too long/ baggy, ect. Wd have no choice but to use Varsity because we are part of a large school system that is contacted with them, and I think sine they know they have our business regardless, they just don't care.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I have heard stories like yours from other people as well, but I've also heard the opposite. I'm not quite sure what to think of Varsity.

When you get uniforms that fit, it is really easy but we have had way too many fit issues with Varsity. It would seem like when the rep actually comes and sizes the girls that a $300 uniform should actually fit, but they don't and in my experience Varsity is unwilling to fix it. Our girls each own their uniforms, and I think if they are ordering brand new uniforms, the rep should be seeing to it that they actually fit properly. We have had whole sets of practice wear that was sized to each girl and came in so small it was unwearable, and many, many too tight uniforms, skirts way too long/ baggy, ect. Wd have no choice but to use Varsity because we are part of a large school system that is contacted with them, and I think sine they know they have our business regardless, they just don't care.

Last year my "custom ordered to my size" top had INCHES of space and literally stuck out off my body. I had to add buttons to my "custom" skirt to even keep it up. I got sized the same day for my varsity HS uniform and my allstar uniform. The varsity rep measured my bust FIVE INCHES bigger. My allstar uniform actually fit...

Of course you're paying some for the name (just like GK) but you're also paying for quality and ease. A varsity uniform will last as long as you want it to last, proof of that is all the schools that still wear their uniforms from 2001. Our uniforms from 2008 still look new. As a school I can also go back and reorder a uniform from years ago. Not in the catalog anymore? No problem, they'll still match it. That is a huge benefit. If I'm a coach that needs one or two of an old uniform, with other companies I'm now going to have to pay for 20 new uniforms as well because we can't get it anymore. I would say the single biggest thing with varsity is the ease. The rep comes, sizes the girls, keeps track of sizes, enters the orders, handles the payment and the items show up. For many schools they are a one stop shop. If you need practice wear, game day outfits, uniforms, warm-ups, hoodies, poms, accessories, whatever, there isn't much they don't offer. When you're a school coach and have to do separate paperwork for each order, along with approvals, the ease is worth it. It may cost extra, but the headache saved is worth every penny. Just some insight on why a lot of coaches and schools use varsity regardless of extra expense.
Thats unfortunate. I've said many times on the boards, I'm blessed to have a wonderful rep, but I know they aren't all. What's most unfortunate is that you don't have the choice to switch. While I have a great experience, I would hate to be tied into anything without an option to go a different route! And even though we do have a great rep, I will add that I'm also on top of every single size that is typed into the computer. She gets my approval on every item for every girl from me, so that may help. Who knows she probably thinks I'm crazy, but our stuff comes out how I like it, so if I'm crazy oh well!

Thats unfortunate. I've said many times on the boards, I'm blessed to have a wonderful rep, but I know they aren't all. What's most unfortunate is that you don't have the choice to switch. While I have a great experience, I would hate to be tied into anything without an option to go a different route! And even though we do have a great rep, I will add that I'm also on top of every single size that is typed into the computer. She gets my approval on every item for every girl from me, so that may help. Who knows she probably thinks I'm crazy, but our stuff comes out how I like it, so if I'm crazy oh well!
I have personally watched her size girls too. They still come out wrong. Often the sizers she brings are not even the sane fabric as what we are ordering and when she takes measurements and we choose based on size charts, stuff still comes in not fitting. It's and inconsistency in sizing, plain and simple. The sizers fit, ok the chart says this is the size she needs, but things don't fit when we get them.

Last year my "custom ordered to my size" top had INCHES of space and literally stuck out off my body. I had to add buttons to my "custom" skirt to even keep it up. I got sized the same day for my varsity HS uniform and my allstar uniform. The varsity rep measured my bust FIVE INCHES bigger. My allstar uniform actually fit...

That is awful! How does someone miss a measurement by 5 inches?

We just bought new uniforms last year for 10 girls, this year team of 6 (yeah I know, tiny) and I still have to order another uniform. I had girls who were BIG and girls who were tiny. This year I have one girl who I will call normal sized and the BIG ones are WAY TOO BIG and the tiny ones are WAY TOO TINY. Same goes for our warmups, have to order two of them despite having several being unused. :( I don't think my AD is too happy either.
Could you call her "average" sized instead? The big girls and the tiny girls are normal too! ;-)

Has anyone used CheerDeals? I their stuff looks good but I don't know anyone that has ordered and can speak for the quality.

Are y'all not allowed to get your high school uniforms altered? When I was in high school, even if the school paid for them we could get them taken in and taken up.

Are y'all not allowed to get your high school uniforms altered? When I was in high school, even if the school paid for them we could get them taken in and taken up.

When I was in high school we were allowed to as long as we got them un-altered (is that a word lol) at the end of the year so the actual size of the uniform matched what the tags said. So the coach knew what sizes we had in case they needed to order different sizes the following year.

The girls are allowed to alter their uniforms as long as no material is cut so that alterations can be undone if necessary. Unfortunately, I don't think alterations in my case would be any cheaper than ordering a new uniform. Our skirts go from 7-14 and skip up to 8-22. Big size difference. The skirt would have to be completely taken apart and redone which would require cutting material. If I had to guess I would say this girl wears 8-16. : (

I've not had any problems with my Varsity rep sizing correctly and when we did they fixed it with no cost to us as it was there mistake. All the uniforms fit great with only minor alterations needed (some girls need it taken in slightly under the arms but couldn't order a smaller size due to fitting properly over the tummy area) which are to be expected. I think it comes down to your rep for almost anything you order from a company.

I can't believe that...Varsity uniforms for under $100/person. Wow.

I went back an edited my post! It was suppose to say just under $3,000, not $2,000!

I also put a "slanty" face because that was only for shells and skirts, we had to fundraise for our matching bodyliners. Varsity is an expensive brand, however the quality and life of the uniforms are worth it in the end. :)

I think this is an advantage to being a program in which the athletes purchase the uniform. My HS kids/parents buy and keep the uniforms so if something ends up being off in the sizing (it's usually fine), they may alter, as long as they let me know beforehand (just so I know that Suzy isn't altering her full top to a crop or something crazy.)

Back