High School New High School Uniforms 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Varsity does offer shell and skirt packages that start at $60. Finding uniforms for $100/person is possible! The low priced packages don't have fancy braiding or details, but still look clean and fashionable. Varsity Reps make any type of budget work!
That's the thing, there are certain designs with which I am absolutely in love (which other custom vendors also have), but the price turns me off.

I went back an edited my post! It was suppose to say just under $3,000, not $2,000!

I also put a "slanty" face because that was only for shells and skirts, we had to fundraise for our matching bodyliners. Varsity is an expensive brand, however the quality and life of the uniforms are worth it in the end. :)
That makes a bit more sense.

My cps do school cheer and have only ever worn Varsity.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think this is an advantage to being a program in which the athletes purchase the uniform. My HS kids/parents buy and keep the uniforms so if something ends up being off in the sizing (it's usually fine), they may alter, as long as they let me know beforehand (just so I know that Suzy isn't altering her full top to a crop or something crazy.)
We have always been allowed to alter, but not cut unless given special permission for a huge uniform.

I think this is an advantage to being a program in which the athletes purchase the uniform. My HS kids/parents buy and keep the uniforms so if something ends up being off in the sizing (it's usually fine), they may alter, as long as they let me know beforehand (just so I know that Suzy isn't altering her full top to a crop or something crazy.)

When I was in high school, we got new uniforms every year...and I did 4 years on Varsity. My freshman/junior years we individually purchased them. My sophomore and senior years the school purchased them. Every year they would order a skirt for me that was too long.... they would order like a 4-13 .... just no. So every year I would take it to get it altered and they would cut the uniform.

But my senior year...I burned a hole in the top (the strap...with a blow dryer) of a uniform the school paid for.... the Friday of homecoming... the day before our first competition. So I skipped my 2nd period and lunch and found an alterations place that took some one of the fly aways from a skirt we had my freshman year (you know the a-line skirts with the 2 fly aways that were popular) and she made a patch and fixed the hole... and I was good to go by the pep rally. Look at God.

And my coach didn't find out what happened until like 2 years later when I came to a competition and said to a girl "Oh, you're wearing my top" and everyone was like "Erin....how can you tell".... and I was like um... you never noticed the patch? Well okay bye.

So anyway... I was the girl that let the alterations guy cut the uniforms... and they should be thankful because every year they managed to find a girl smaller than I was.

Are y'all not allowed to get your high school uniforms altered? When I was in high school, even if the school paid for them we could get them taken in and taken up.

We were allowed to but it had to be down by a professional so it wasn't like a mom deciding to cut random stuff off or whatever. My grandma altered all of JV's a most of Varsity's because she's a talented seamstress. She lives down the street from me so it's so nice because she's always able to alter my uniforms to fit perfectly!

The girls are allowed to alter their uniforms as long as no material is cut so that alterations can be undone if necessary. Unfortunately, I don't think alterations in my case would be any cheaper than ordering a new uniform. Our skirts go from 7-14 and skip up to 8-22. Big size difference. The skirt would have to be completely taken apart and redone which would require cutting material. If I had to guess I would say this girl wears 8-16. : (
I would agree with that. One year we had a size 15 skirt. I kept it for years, but then we needed another size 10. It was only $5 cheaper to get the skirt altered from buying a new one. If it hadn't been such an odd size I would have just bought a new skirt. I was pretty sure we would probably never need the 15 again, so I went ahead and did it. It was a full reconstruction though!

The girls are allowed to alter their uniforms as long as no material is cut so that alterations can be undone if necessary. Unfortunately, I don't think alterations in my case would be any cheaper than ordering a new uniform. Our skirts go from 7-14 and skip up to 8-22. Big size difference. The skirt would have to be completely taken apart and redone which would require cutting material. If I had to guess I would say this girl wears 8-16. : (

They are some LONG skirts!

My sophomore year I had a smallish waist and a little more junk in the trunk (lol) and it was either skirt that fell off of me or was too short.

I went with too short bc the year before it was too big and would fall off constantly during comp.

It was awful. So embarrassing. We weren't allowed to alter our unis as far as I know, so I was stuck with it.

My sophomore year I had a smallish waist and a little more junk in the trunk (lol) and it was either skirt that fell off of me or was too short.

I went with too short bc the year before it was too big and would fall off constantly during comp.

It was awful. So embarrassing. We weren't allowed to alter our unis as far as I know, so I was stuck with it.

Thank the cheer gods for spankies... that must have been so awkward.

Thank the cheer gods for spankies... that must have been so awkward.
167755_190913100924393_603756_n.jpg

IT SO WAS. I'm wearing the skirt behind the girl w the ankle braces lol easily 2-3 inches shorter than everyone elses

Back