High School New High School Uniforms 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess in theory they wanted something special to make the captains stand out, new coach and all, CP is in 7th, all 8th grade captains, I swear I am not upset about the captain thing, but the iron-on C on our already "uniform", I guess one of the captains has to order a new top now. She burned hers with the iron too bad to fix. Thanks for the responses. I just wondered if, too, in the time it took for me to be a 7th grader to having a 7th grader, the random iron-on C on a uniform became a thing. Like when did they quit calling it junior high and now it's middle school?

My CP is so in love with her new Regionals/State uniform! If only they could use it as a gameday uniform too (sorry about the bathroom selfie!)

Pm1bAI.png

7Fsm5V.jpg
She is so pretty! So is the uniform! Why can't they use it as a game day uniform? That's a bummer bc it's cute.

I guess in theory they wanted something special to make the captains stand out, new coach and all, CP is in 7th, all 8th grade captains, I swear I am not upset about the captain thing, but the iron-on C on our already "uniform", I guess one of the captains has to order a new top now. She burned hers with the iron too bad to fix. Thanks for the responses. I just wondered if, too, in the time it took for me to be a 7th grader to having a 7th grader, the random iron-on C on a uniform became a thing. Like when did they quit calling it junior high and now it's middle school?
I always thought the whole junior high vs middle school was more of a regional thing. It's been middle school in my area for as long as I can remember, at least 10+ years since I was that age. It was middle school for my parents too.

I always thought the whole junior high vs middle school was more of a regional thing. It's been middle school in my area for as long as I can remember, at least 10+ years since I was that age. It was middle school for my parents too.
Jr high and middle school were two different things here, but now they got rid of junior high and we just have middle school. It was 6-7 middle school, 8-9 jr high, now it's 6-8 middle school and 9-12 high school.

She is so pretty! So is the uniform! Why can't they use it as a game day uniform? That's a bummer bc it's cute.
Well I guess they could, but the girls who didn't make the state squad would have to buy theirs. The state squad got lucky and had a local clothing boutique to pay them in return for advertisement on their t-shirts and the girls helping around the store on back-to-school night. And thank you! I think she's pretty, too, but I might just be a little biased ;)

Jr high and middle school were two different things here, but now they got rid of junior high and we just have middle school. It was 6-7 middle school, 8-9 jr high, now it's 6-8 middle school and 9-12 high school.
When I went to school back in the dark ages, Jr. High was 7-9 and HS was 10-12. Now it's MS 6-8 and HS 9-12.

Sorry for the double post :)

Exactly how it was for my district. As of last year, Freshmen are now in the high schools and 6-8 are middle school! Which seems weird to me but it's pretty normal everywhere else.

I have a question. Do captains generally have a different uniform or something special on their uniform that indicates they are a captain? Just wondering if this is a trend I was not aware of. Like, for example, do you go home with your uniform and iron on a big C?
That was the thing to do back in the 1950s. The captain(s) uniform(s) would usually have extra striping on them to make them stand out. Nowadays captains just wear the same thing as everybody else (they might have the word 'captain' embroidered on their uniform). I was, however, watching UCA once and saw a high school team that had their flyers in purple uniforms and everyone else in white uniforms. Weird.

Our old school had junior high 6,7,8. There is another school in that county/district that is a middle school 5,6,7,8.

The school cp finished at last year was a middle school 5,6,7,8.

All those schools are within 10-15 miles of each other.

ETA: no special captain designation. Cute uniform and model!

That was the thing to do back in the 1950s. The captain(s) uniform(s) would usually have extra striping on them to make them stand out. Nowadays captains just wear the same thing as everybody else (they might have the word 'captain' embroidered on their uniform). I was, however, watching UCA once and saw a high school team that had their flyers in purple uniforms and everyone else in white uniforms. Weird.
I was looking through videos back when the coach was saying that the team was competing and I saw that.

Not sure if I like it. Maybe if it wasn't such a contrast.

Exactly how it was for my district. As of last year, Freshmen are now in the high schools and 6-8 are middle school! Which seems weird to me but it's pretty normal everywhere else.
Ours switched last year too! And yeah it's still weird to me, even though it's normal everywhere else, it's weird to have freshmen at the high school. I don't like it, plus the freshmen parents are way more hovery than parents were for sophomores, because they had that time in between middle school and high school where their kid had to be kind of independent and had a little more freedom. Now they go from being babied and having no freedom in middle school to being expected to be independent and having tons of freedom and it's a big shock for the parents.
Where I used to live, elementary was k-6 and middle school was just 7-8, so I thought it was weird here to only go to elementary until 5th grade.

When I lived in Nevada it was called middle school and grades 6-8, high school was 9-12. My family moved to Iowa and it's junior high 7-8 and high school 9-12.

It's weird how different things are in different states/regions

My CP's middle school uniform is 8 years old. The school gives them out at the beginning of the season and they turn them in after the last basketball game. They have removeable sleeves for cold weather. I had to sew up the skirt, and sew on a button because the uniforms are so old. My cp's friends sister wore the uniform when she was in middle school and she's out of college now. I think the poms are that old too!

I was looking through videos back when the coach was saying that the team was competing and I saw that.

Not sure if I like it. Maybe if it wasn't such a contrast.
Are you guys competing this season (I'm suddenly remembering the sock thread)?

They probably didn't have enough of the white uniforms for everyone so they put the flyers in purple. In 8th grade all of our flyers had different shells since we didn't have enough (super old uniforms), but they were the same color and said the same thing. The striping was just a bit different.

Back