High School New High School Uniforms 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could not cheer there. Talk about a mouthful! How do you pronounce that name and what is a cheiftain? Love the uniform though!
Yes it's a leader of a tribe - the mock up has it spelt wrong but it has since been fixed - just the only picture I had on my phone and :oops:
It sounds kind of how it's spelled. Like, "mas-co (long o sound)-nom (like nominated)-et." Masconomet. Although they were always just "masco" when I was in hs, not sure if they still do that.

Exactly how it's is pronounced! We do go by Masco for short :) because Masconomet is indeed a mouthful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel free to shoot me some quick little cheer/chants if you think of any! Need to think of a short cheer to do over music this year since MA changed their routines to all music !
As much as the absence of a cheer bothers me, I think I like this format more. So will routine resemble what all-star routines used to, with the 2 8-count gym cheer?

As much as the absence of a cheer bothers me, I think I like this format more. So will routine resemble what all-star routines used to, with the 2 8-count gym cheer?
Oh I much prefer this! The rule states:

"At its May 5th meeting, the Cheerleading Committee voted to make a significant change to the Competition Routine Parameters.

Rule #23 in the 2015-2016 MSSAA Cheerleading Rules & Regulations will now read:

All routines are limited to a maximum of two minutes and thirty seconds (2:30). There is no limit to the amount of music that may be used. All routines must include a cheer (before/middle/after/over the music) in order to be properly judged in the voice and motions categories There is not a minimum time/length requirement.

Timing will begin with the first organized word, movement, or note of music by the team after it is officially announced that they may begin. Coaches are strongly advised to create routines that finish a few seconds under the time limit to ensure that the team does not go over time."

But I assume most teams will follow the 2-8 count cheer scheme!

"At its May 5th meeting, the Cheerleading Committee voted to make a significant change to the Competition Routine Parameters.

All routines are limited to a maximum of two minutes and thirty seconds (2:30). There is no limit to the amount of music that may be used. All routines must include a cheer (before/middle/after/over the music) in order to be properly judged in the voice and motions categories There is not a minimum time/length requirement.

Timing will begin with the first organized word, movement, or note of music by the team after it is officially announced that they may begin. Coaches are strongly advised to create routines that finish a few seconds under the time limit to ensure that the team does not go over time."

I like that.

It seems very much like what most teams do at NCA HS Nationals. We do some with music then a bit with a cheer and then more music.

orp2sm.jpg

Sorry for the size, Spaulding High School out of Rochester, NH

Back