High School New High School Uniforms 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Funny, we are navy and yellow gold and the athletic department is considering going Vegas in two seasons when the new high school and stadium are built. Is there a reason that those colors leave minimal options? Is Vegas just a hard color to work with in general?
We have vegas gold. I haven't had issues. My guess is the original poster may have meant there aren't too many options for base color, and that is an issue I have ran into. Unless you want a white uniform, you have to go with your dominant dark color. No one should have a vegas gold colored uniform! Of course style options on the uniform are limitless, but the actual color of the uniform, not so much!

Varsity has a gold lettering that isn't metallic or tackle twill. I love it, we've used it on every uniform since my rep told me about it years ago. I can't remember the name, but its glittery and sealed smooth.

Agree with above poster. Try to avoid gold next to the skin. If they don't have a darker skin tone, it usually isn't flattering. Also, don't put gold (or any metallic really) under the armpit on braiding. Rubs raw if they don't have on a bodysuit. Usually gold fabric at the bottom of a skirt (or anywhere that isn't sewn between other fabric on all sides) looks flappy. And any gold spandex material on a uniform will not age well.

Funny, we are navy and yellow gold and the athletic department is considering going Vegas in two seasons when the new high school and stadium are built. Is there a reason that those colors leave minimal options? Is Vegas just a hard color to work with in general?

It's just hard to work with. We wanted these in white, but then there was no gold on them because it was just too light. There are teams that make it work, but it's just not our preference. Even camp/spirit wear is limited bc the kids hate the vegas color.. I don't blame them!!! In uniforms we can get away w/ metallic in small quantities, but the girls/parents don't follow washing instructions and they lose their shimmer (some)... so that is my struggle.

To have to bold or dark colors there are just so many more options!

Again, just my opinion and hours behind the computer of a varsity rep for the second time.

We have vegas gold. I haven't had issues. My guess is the original poster may have meant there aren't too many options for base color, and that is an issue I have ran into. Unless you want a white uniform, you have to go with your dominant dark color. No one should have a vegas gold colored uniform! Of course style options on the uniform are limitless, but the actual color of the uniform, not so much!

Varsity has a gold lettering that isn't metallic or tackle twill. I love it, we've used it on every uniform since my rep told me about it years ago. I can't remember the name, but its glittery and sealed smooth.

Agree with above poster. Try to avoid gold next to the skin. If they don't have a darker skin tone, it usually isn't flattering. Also, don't put gold (or any metallic really) under the armpit on braiding. Rubs raw if they don't have on a bodysuit. Usually gold fabric at the bottom of a skirt (or anywhere that isn't sewn between other fabric on all sides) looks flappy. And any gold spandex material on a uniform will not age well.

FOR ALL THESE REASONS.

My cp's team is supposed to be getting two tops and a skirt. Plan, if fundraising goes well, is to order August 1.

Coach thinks Varsity will take four weeks. I am hoping for by basketball!
It must be frustrating to have to order new uniforms whenever you get a new coach.

That's potentially thousands that could be spent on private camp, tumbling classes, choreo or competitions.
We are doing a home UCA camp in two weeks. The girls are getting measured then.

We didn't get new uniforms last year. There is one that is going on its third season and another that is on its 4/5th season or more.

I hope we get something decent, but I have much fear.

I am sure we won't compete. I don't know about choreo/music for homecomings. Would like to just use the camp stuff and save money. We need new poms too…

This is a high school dance team but I think it's a great example of mesh done right! Plus I really love how they look a traditional uniform and added in the mesh to mix it up a bit.
3ab1f764a5ff0c8cb04d491053163540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back