All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thankfully Varsity announced that the scoring will not be changed for their competitions this season, so NCA, UCA, Cheersport for example will follow last seasons rules

One last vent then I am going to bed. When they first decided to put basketball in the Olympics they didn't say --- sorry no more 3 point shots, no more slam dunks, etc. No they never tried to even the playing field. That is the wrong response and insulting to everyone!

crazy..... i mean i thought that was the whole allure of level 6 is the twisting baskets. And now to take them out, there might as well be no level 6.
the tumbling rule, is bull****. they basically are trying to dumb down certain powerhouse teams to match teams who dont have advance tumbling. Which would that really even work?? couldnt teams just decide to have multiple people do specialty passes together to hike their score even more??
i dont see it helping any, the teams that have always dominated those divisions, will continue to dominate even more, now that they are forced to do lower level requirements.

I know I keep posting, but the more I think about this, the more mad I become. My kids dreams of doing at least another seven years of all star and someday coaching -yet, here I am sitting here trying to decide if I should cut our losses now and get out while we can. No other sport lacks transparency like this one does. If they are capable of changing the rules MIDSEASON with no consideration to the athletes who have been working their butts of for months or for the money that they have spent --what else are they capable of? I don't know if I want to stick around to find out.

I really need to hear the reasoning on this.

I know I keep posting, but the more I think about this, the more mad I become. My kids dreams of doing at least another seven years of all star and someday coaching -yet, here I am sitting here trying to decide if I should cut our losses now and get out while we can. No other sport lacks transparency like this one does. If they are capable of changing the rules MIDSEASON with no consideration to the athletes who have been working their butts of for months or for the money that they have spent --what else are they capable of? I don't know if I want to stick around to find out.

I really need to hear the reasoning on this.

we all know USASF aint gonna give us any form of logical reason... They will probably use the excuse of safety of athletes as their default reason behind it.

To put it simply, these changes are dumb. Cheerleading worlds is the place where the best of the best compete! What they’re doing is taking the sport backwards. International teams strive to compete toe-to-toe with US teams. They’v worked hard for those skills and for them to say like, “Oh we’re not allowing int’l teams to compete twisting basket skills, not score individual passes and score fulls and doubles equally” completely blows my mind!

Trying to see a positive, though there's not one. I'm hoping that we see some creativity in some baskets. Like Wildcats opening basket last year was a Level 5 basket, illegal in lower levels, and didn't have any twisting. That doesn't help the absurd tumbling rule though. And I'm not at all bothered by the individual passes don't score thing.
It will also be interesting to see if any of these teams are going to just not go to Worlds.

I am hoping they change it or a true elite competition is created to replace Worlds for these athletes. I know athletes who will quit and not finish the season over this and it breaks my heart. :(

I am hoping they change it or a true elite competition is created to replace Worlds for these athletes. I know athletes who will quit and not finish the season over this and it breaks my heart. :(

Its honestly the most nonsensical thing I've seen the IASF/USASF do and that is saying something with Mat-Gate and all the other shady things they have done over the years. International divisions deserve far better than what they are getting and I hope to god that someone sees this and like you said creates a new competition just for them or the coaches band together and pull a large-senior style mobbing session again.

I saw someone say let’s start a petition. And it seems dramatic, but is it??? Do you guys have any idea how many people would sign this including signatures from teams and organizations as a whole. Maybe it’ll be something to put in front of their face so they realize how wrong this is.

Other countries are even saying they feel like it’s being dumbed down as though they aren’t capable of safely executing these skills.

I saw the other comment about there being no point to level 6 and now I’m curious if someone can tell me the differences NOW (with the new rules) between int’l 5 & 6?

Back