OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
No. Because this actually affects the next four years of our lives..:D

I will say- seeing as so many news outlets are based out of NYC, we kinda have a bit more fun with the election coverage. It's also easy to see where there's a bias- basically my entire newsfeed except for all of maybe 3 people are pro-Obama. Needless to say, as a woman, I'm simply glad I don't have to spend the next 4 years in a binder..

Living where I do, my entire newsfeed is exactly the opposite of yours. Sigh.

Living where I do, my entire newsfeed is exactly the opposite of yours. Sigh.
You poor darling. And they lost so they have to be LIVID. But seriously, nothing really changed. Numbers-wise, anyway. Hopefully the people who are new are a bit more together no matter WHAT team they play for..zealotry knows no reason, after all.

I'd like to take this time to indulge my self-centeredness by informing you all of my top poster/top shimmy position. I'm at the top of BOTH. That never happens unless there's a new newbie, and we had two today. Huzzah.

My news feed is very split, but I live in a swing state, so I guess that's natural. But now it's turned more into people bashing each other over their political views, especially the past few weeks (for some reason when I say bashing, I think of more like Bamm-Bamm style with my friends hitting each other over the head.. LOL), and even after the fact. I didn't even post any of my political views on my social networks to avoid anything like that and I'll be glad when this election is done with.

I have some wonderful news to tell y'all!!

I knew for a couple days but I kept it inside because I wanted to make sure it was real!!

JAYLEN IS COMPLETELY OVER HER MENTAL BLOCK!

She had went to several tumbling classes, several open gyms, and a couple privates in that week time frame. She had not seem to be improving and still scared as ever without a spot.

The first 2 privates she had right after the block started were by her favorite coach at our rival gym. Since he is very close with her he took the nurturing nice and caring friend approach. I thought it was just what she needed. They sat down and had a pow wow and talked about it. He put no real pressure on her and it was just very nice and encouraging. She absolutely loved it but she still wasn't willing to go without a spot on her tumbling. He wanted her to feel comfortable!

In tumbling classes and open gyms the different coaches tried different tactics. Some just spotted her on once or twice. Told her they were perfect and they weren't spotting her no more. She would shut down and go stand in the corner with tears and not go. Others tried pumping her up to where she would say she could do it but when she went to go she just couldn't. All those were so frustrating to watch.

So my last resort is her favorite coach at our cheer gym; since although she did well with the rival gyms coach she still refused to tumble. Her favorite coach at our gym is also the coach she most looks up to. He picks her up, carries her around, everyone says its his daughter because they look a like, and most of all he treats her the way she absolutely loves!
So we get to our private and she stretches and is ready to go. Although before that point she was still throwing her round off, bhs by herself so I figured they would start from there. Nope I was wrong!! He made her start with handstands and round-offs. I could tell he was being mean and really assertive with Jaylen at this point and I was like great this isn't going to work out well. She expects him to be nice and loving and that's not the way he came off.
After making her do several round-offs he had her add her BHS. She was doing those well.

He got loud and was shouting and said, "Jaylen you have a textbook style round off, bhs and their are kids with terrible Ro, BHS that are tucking out of it and landing. You have one of the best just Ro, bhs and you can do anything out of it and your choosing not too! There are so many kids here that want what you have, you are an amazing tumbler and you are throwing that all away!!!"

The look on her face when he got real with her looked like she seen a ghost. I thought she was ready to cry but she was so shocked she forgot how.

He then said, "your going to get in that corner and go, and you will throw your tuck. If you choose not to we're going back to handstands and conditioning. I remember the first day you came in here and I asked you what you can do and with so much attitude you were like a tuck and you went and did it with so much confidence. It was so bad but you did it and believed it. Your tucks are so high and good now so let's see it!" She stood there for a second serious face with no tears and went. He was not even on the floor. She threw her tuck perfectly and landed it.

The look and smile on her face when everyone started clapping for her was perfect. She went back and did it again several more times. Then moved on and did her layouts more. The he started spotting her on fulls more. Her Fulls are even so much better. She is wrapping better and its a lot more fluent and not choppy! You can tell her confidence on all skills is back.

Later that night my child wakes up out of bed and said "mommy are you proud of me?" It about made me cry! I said "yes Jaylen, absolutely! You are amazing and you can do anything!!"

She goes, "I knowwwwww, I just wanted to hear you say it :)"

I hope she never thought for one minute I wasn't proud of her because I always have been. Maybe she was lost in the moment and with competition season having just started maybe I forgot to remind her a little more how proud I am of her but that never changed!!

Anyways, I think it clicked in that private when she realized the coach she cares about the most and the one she looks up to was upset. That he wasn't picking her up and treating her like a princess and that he meant business. After she started to tumble that side came out of him again and she was eating it up and loving every moment. I'm glad she believes in herself again!

In fact the reason I waited several days to post the update was because I wanted to make sure. I wanted her to do it again different situation, different scenario before I believed it and she has!

Ps. Sorry I wrote a novel and I promise you will hear no more about this block from me!!:)

Kris10boo I am so happy for Jaylen and so relieved for you, I know from your posts how stressed you were over this whole situation. Now breathe easy, smile again and watch that fierce kid of yours tumble!

To everyone that follows me on Twitter, sorry for my many political tweets last night. Actually, I'm not really that sorry because twitter is for speaking your mind, ya know? But if it annoyed you then I guess I'm sorry for that.

To everyone that follows me on Twitter, sorry for my many political tweets last night. Actually, I'm not really that sorry because twitter is for speaking your mind, ya know? But if it annoyed you then I guess I'm sorry for that.

Well I followed and unfollowed you a few times until they let up. But it's your right, so keep on girl.

Off topic...oh hey this is the random thread ;)

What is this under current of Newbie unhappiness I am sensing? Old timers getting special privileges like looking the other way when posting. I really don't see it like that at all but then again I am not a Newbie.

I think Newbies need to understand that the more you post on the board, the more you get to know people and more people in turn know and understand you. So there is a certain comfortableness when posting, knowing that people are going to "get you"...personality, sarcasm or opinions. Old timers have a history of reference to catalog through...I doubt it is even a conscious thing. For example: I know when BlueCat posts it is usually accurate because she is wise woman with lot's of experience. I also know it comes from the perspective of a Mega Gym. A newbie could post the same exact message and my immediate reaction would be "Who the heck is that and why does she think she knows that?" mstealtoyou is my go to person for all things CEA. I value and trust what she has to say. ACEDAD he is a trust worthy wise man on all things USASF and many other things. kingston knows all...(brownie points) no really he is a wealth of information. I really could list a bunch of people ...who I feel like I know, trust and understand where they are coming from like NJ Coach 12stepCheermom ufomom Just-a-Mom Mamarazzi kristenthegreat Mclovin Level5Mom...I really could go on forever. Doesn't mean I agree with them and I am sure they don't love everything I post but there is frame of reference.

When you are a Newbie and you post something sarcastic or off the wall...you are a little bit like a stranger who just called my mother fat. I can't tell if you are joking or if it is related to another post or your gym or yesterdays competition. So there is no context to put your comment into. So you probably are put in your place a little bit. Stick around pay your dues, let us get to know you. We really are an amiable bunch.

I actually have less than 1500 shimmies so I guess I am considered a newbie too...someone said that was the cut off. -1500 shimmies = newbie
+1500 shimmies=Old Timers here on out known as OT. So I can totally relate :cool:

Back