OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was just wondering. If I start making bows would you buy it? (they will NOT cost more than 5 dollars and with free shipping since I am from Europe.) I am making bows for 2 years now and I promise they aren't bad and ugly.

Oh and I would sell them because I am brooke student and I love making bows. But I don't wear them so it's sad to see them just sit in my room on my desk.

Indeed you did...and let me formally apologize to BlueCat :that is absolutely a masculine lion picture...silly me. (Please don't tell me if it is not a lion...just humor me. I am having a rough day). LOL
Don't feel bad, I only just picked up on that about 1-2 months ago from just reading, posting and hanging around the boards. No idea why I assumed BlueCat was female when I got to the boards but something I read a while back was my "aha!" moment.

Blue Cat is Jody Melton, one of the co-owners.

We should put titles under certain users. Like where it says Premium Support for me, it would say Jody Melton - Cheer Athletics, or Justin Carrier - NCA. VIP users ;)
How about a banner that says..."stop. They know more than you"

kingston can have a banner that says..."but no one knows more than me."

That sums it up quite nicely.

It'll be hard for a few days, then you'll realize that nothing really changed much, in terms of numbers. It's still a Dem Pres, a Dem Senate, and a Rep House. What I HOPE changed, is the quality of people in those last two places. The Reps REALLY shot themselves in the foot by essentially saying: 'We're NOT going to do our prescribed job, we're only going to oppose Obama.' Which in any real world job would get them a pink slip. I'm not saying you have to AGREE with your boss, but you need to do your job. I wish they could be unemployed like so many people so they could understand how utterly STUPID they were being. I don't care what side you're on, you're elected to DO things. Not sit around and throw a 4 year old's temper tantrum (I know what they are- I work in a restaurant) and whine about stuff. THAT hurts me more than anything.. Also by saying some of the most biologically insane things I've ever heard come out of an adult's mouth- to the point where doctors across America were like Qu'est-ce que TF??!- that didn't help either.

I will say I'm proud of Maine and what they did for marriage equality yesterday. I don't know if you agree, but I feel a bit more at peace with that. If anyone feels more inclined to vote Republican but wants to get away from the socially crazy agenda that the main party is spewing- check out the Log Cabin Republicans. Same shade of red, just a different flavor. Much more modern..I found them yesterday lol.

Things haven't changed much, but they NEED to change. I'm sorry but Obama hasn't gotten much done for this country. No ones perfect and neither is Romney but somethings got to change. I hope it does soon, I'd like to have a job when I graduate college.

As for gay marriage, I voted no due to religious beliefs. I am not against gays in anyway at all. Just my beliefs ya know? I don't want to argue about gay marriage on a cheerleading message board either so PLEASE no one kill me :p

Things haven't changed much, but they NEED to change. I'm sorry but Obama hasn't gotten much done for this country. No ones perfect and neither is Romney but somethings got to change. I hope it does soon, I'd like to have a job when I graduate college.

As for gay marriage, I voted no due to religious beliefs. I am not against gays in anyway at all. Just my beliefs ya know? I don't want to argue about gay marriage on a cheerleading message board either so PLEASE no one kill me :p

Not to argue politics, but the Republicans have basically admitted that their plan was to vote no against everything the Democrats came up with. They wanted to be as obstructionist as possible to make sure Obama was a one-term President. Hopefully both sides can work together now that Obama doesn't have to campaign and the Republicans don't have to worry about making sure he doesn't get re-elected. We're facing a crisis in January if the two sides can't work together.

And fortunately the majority of your state didn't let religion influence a choice to give the same legal rights to everyone.

Not to argue politics, but the Republicans have basically admitted that their plan was to vote no against everything the Democrats came up with. They wanted to be as obstructionist as possible to make sure Obama was a one-term President. Hopefully both sides can work together now that Obama doesn't have to campaign and the Republicans don't have to worry about making sure he doesn't get re-elected. We're facing a crisis in January if the two sides can't work together.

And fortunately the majority of your state didn't let religion influence a choice to give the same legal rights to everyone.
I feel the exact same way....and I am a Republican! because of religious reasons. But I will be damned if I sit back and make my teenage daughter carry a pregnancy resulting from a rape.....God forgive me, but this can not be what you ment. and if I am wrong, I know with your aptitude for forgiveness, I will be forgiven.
The point of matter is that the did not work together for the betterment of the people so not much got accomplished. I hope that the next four years all political agendas are put asside and we as a united states/nation can work together for we, the people!
I will never vote because of the party I am affiliated with, but for the individual that best represents and addresses the needs of the nation at that time......I guess this makes me more independent.......oh well.....peace and love to all and a better 4 years.

Exactly. My sociology teacher said to vote for a president that works well with congress. Obama does not. I am not strictly republican but I'm not happy with the welfare system, Obamacare or anything that hes done for that matter so why not vote republican? Oh well though.

And I take offense to your comment about religion, just FYI. Like I said before, I'm not arguing gay marriage on here so I'll leave it at that.

Exactly. My sociology teacher said to vote for a president that works well with congress. Obama does not. I am not strictly republican but I'm not happy with the welfare system, Obamacare or anything that hes done for that matter so why not vote republican? Oh well though.

And I take offense to your comment about religion, just FYI. Like I said before, I'm not arguing gay marriage on here so I'll leave it at that.

I just think that it would have set a horrible precedent if their tactic worked. "Well we can just refuse to work with the President to get him out of the office." Well that's a good way to get absolutely nothing done.

I didn't mean to offend religion, I just don't think it should factor into legal decisions, especially if it doesn't impact religion. Separation of church and state and all that - just because the state recognizes those legal rights doesn't mean the church has to. If you get married in a church, the state doesn't recognize it until you submit your marriage certificate.

You're more than welcome to your opinion, and I would never try to take it away from you, but you are the one that brought it up after all.

I just think that it would have set a horrible precedent if their tactic worked. "Well we can just refuse to work with the President to get him out of the office."

I didn't mean to offend religion, I just don't think it should factor into legal decisions, especially if it doesn't impact religion. Separation of church and state and all that - just because the state recognizes those legal rights doesn't mean the church has to.

You're more than welcome to your opinion, and I would never try to take it away from you, but you are the one that brought it up after all.

You've got very valid points. I think it is very childish to refuse to work with the president, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to get rid of one president rather than all the congress? This is so controversial its ridiculous. It's very saddening knowing that the U.S. is divided into two, practically. Very sad.

You've got very valid points. I think it is very childish to refuse to work with the president, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to get rid of one president rather than all the congress? This is so controversial its ridiculous. It's very saddening knowing that the U.S. is divided into two, practically. Very sad.

I think that letting the public decide if they want to keep the president or not is a lot better than acting like a toddler throwing a tantrum and refusing to do anything for two years. You're right, it's very sad, hopefully they can work together. They have to work together or we're pretty much screwed.

Back