OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sorry for the double post, but I think this is EXTREMELY important for the ladies of this board to read:
Be VERY careful who you let walk you home at night, especially if you live in a city. I wasn't completely together on Sat, and I slipped a bit on the subway stairs (mostly 'cause I don't wear heels). A guy asked me if I was alright, and we started casually chatting as we walked to our places. I realized he lived down the street from me. I was not at all into him, and there was something about him that threw me off, but I couldn't quite place it. We get to my apt and he asks for my number- I don't want to give it, but he does that thing where he checks to make sure it rang. I'm like 'It's ok, I don't have to respond.' He texts me twice, I don't answer. I wake up this morning to an angry 9-page rambling message about how I 'owe' him for him 'helping me home' (Uhh, no, I got there on my own two stable feet, thanks. Just because I slipped on the stairs doesn't mean I'm shwasty-face), that I'm unintelligent and a whole bunch of curse words because I didn't respond and he hopes I fall down the stairs. I am TERRIFIED. He knows where I live. He also knows my roommate and I have a dog, and that she's really friendly (so she's not a deterrent). Please, PLEASE be careful ladies. While I know what's happened/happening to me can be outside the norm, it's better to be safe than to be this scared.

Sorry for the double post, but I think this is EXTREMELY important for the ladies of this board to read:
Be VERY careful who you let walk you home at night, especially if you live in a city. I wasn't completely together on Sat, and I slipped a bit on the subway stairs (mostly 'cause I don't wear heels). A guy asked me if I was alright, and we started casually chatting as we walked to our places. I realized he lived down the street from me. I was not at all into him, and there was something about him that threw me off, but I couldn't quite place it. We get to my apt and he asks for my number- I don't want to give it, but he does that thing where he checks to make sure it rang. I'm like 'It's ok, I don't have to respond.' He texts me twice, I don't answer. I wake up this morning to an angry 9-page rambling message about how I 'owe' him for him 'helping me home' (Uhh, no, I got there on my own two stable feet, thanks. Just because I slipped on the stairs doesn't mean I'm shwasty-face), that I'm unintelligent and a whole bunch of curse words because I didn't respond and he hopes I fall down the stairs. I am TERRIFIED. He knows where I live. He also knows my roommate and I have a dog, and that she's really friendly (so she's not a deterrent). Please, PLEASE be careful ladies. While I know what's happened/happening to me can be outside the norm, it's better to be safe than to be this scared.

Its perfectly normal to be scared in that situation. I don't know what type of building you live in ex. doorman, apartment building etc. But if you have someone preferably a guy you know in your biliding that can keep an eye on you in your building. maybe check in on you from time to time to make sure your ok? Also I know it sounds crazy, but I know you live in NYC, do you have pepper spray or mace? They have small ones you can carry on you that you could pull out if something was to happen and u could spray it in self defense and run away. You can never be too safe!!!

We're all looking out for you!! :kiss:

Pretty sure I just failed my math midterm. Happy Spring Break to me!

Progress reports got sent home today and i'm sooooo mad. My science teacher is, lets just she never puts anything in the gradebook and is terrible at teaching, so if you get one bad grade your entire grade goes down a lot. She didn't put in our lab or our test but she had this vocab quiz i did.. so-so on and now I have a B. I wouldn't be mad besides the fact I have all A's.. and its an 89% and my gpa is lowered now, and i have to put my gpa on this form for National Honor Society, but i want my real gpa on there. 4.o :( my parents aren't mad just because they know my teacher and stuff and that i'll get it up

This IS scary. Be carefull. If you know your neighbors, tell them the story (not everything) so they will have an eye on you and will go through your house with open eyes. Better safe than sorry!

Guys tonight at the basketball game I broke a chair. I sat down really hard (i was aggravated) on the very edge of it and it broke. It's one of those foldy arena chairs (we were at Mizzou) and it folded past where it's supposed to. lol it was SO embarrassing. :oops: I was like "I feel fat, okay..." Like I can't imagine if a bigger person tried to sit on it??

Soo I'm going to the police station today to file a report as a precaution. The good news is that my roommate got a glimpse of him too, so she knows what he looks like and has described him to my other, male roommate. While the police may not be able to actually DO anything, at least they'll know he's out there and creepy. If he DOES have any priors, hopefully they can..ah, 'deter' him from coming towards my place.

I have pepper spray (my mum got it for me this Xmas- it's pink!) and I'll be away for the weekend so hopefully he'll cool off. I have the message saved in it's entirety (it apparently makes for a shocking read, according to those who've taken a peek), so hooray for evidence!

Soo I'm going to the police station today to file a report as a precaution. The good news is that my roommate got a glimpse of him too, so she knows what he looks like and has described him to my other, male roommate. While the police may not be able to actually DO anything, at least they'll know he's out there and creepy. If he DOES have any priors, hopefully they can..ah, 'deter' him from coming towards my place.

I have pepper spray (my mum got it for me this Xmas- it's pink!) and I'll be away for the weekend so hopefully he'll cool off. I have the message saved in it's entirety (it apparently makes for a shocking read, according to those who've taken a peek), so hooray for evidence!

Good plan. Make sure you document everything - texts, e-mails, times when he comes by, especially if you've asked him to leave/leave you alone. On the off chance that he should escalate, you know have proof of prior harassment and more of a legal leg to stand on in a sense. It sucks having to do, but it's better in the long run if you need it, otherwise it can be his word against yours

Back