OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Alright I looked in the Camp threads and asked this but I'm trying here too...
I'm trying to go to a camp this summer and improve my tumbling. Woodward PA is SO expensive, mostly from travel costs. It only costs 1000 for me to go but it would cost 1200 to get there, so 2200 total and less than half is actually for the camp! So we're looking for a cheaper option. Does anyone know anything about the Lake Tahoe Woodward? Has anyone been? I only ever hear about the Pennsylvania one.

Really thinking about campus security on one of my hall mates. I'm really not trying to be "that guy" but its been this loud everyday since like August. I just don't understand the minds of inconsiderate people.​
I was like that my first semester of college. Now I no longer care and I am "that guy." Quiet hours are there for a reason, and even if it's not quiet hours you still have to be respectful! Call security. If it's disturbing your studying or sleeping or just really really irritates you, you're doing no wrong. They need to shut up or go somewhere else! Also, the caller is usually anonymous so you don't really have to worry about people thinking of you as a snitch. Plus I can guarantee that you're not the only person annoyed with them. I'm sure many other people are annoyed and they just haven't called.

And totally unrelated, but I'm kinda really irritated with my coach right now. It's spring break and practice isn't mandatory but she wants anybody who isn't out of town to be there. So I've been sick for 3 weeks now and haven't complained or taken it easy at all but I went to the doctor and I was told to rest and take anti-biotics until I get better, no cheer. I told my coach this and she still wants me to go to practice and sit out. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I live over 2 hours away!!! The dorms are closed so I have no where to stay and I'm really sick. I do not want to drive 4 hours one way (I'll be stuck in traffic) to sit and watch a 3 hour practice to drive back 2 and a half hours... Am I being irrational?

I was like that my first semester of college. Now I no longer care and I am "that guy." Quiet hours are there for a reason, and even if it's not quiet hours you still have to be respectful! Call security. If it's disturbing your studying or sleeping or just really really irritates you, you're doing no wrong. They need to shut up or go somewhere else! Also, the caller is usually anonymous so you don't really have to worry about people thinking of you as a snitch. Plus I can guarantee that you're not the only person annoyed with them. I'm sure many other people are annoyed and they just haven't called.

And totally unrelated, but I'm kinda really irritated with my coach right now. It's spring break and practice isn't mandatory but she wants anybody who isn't out of town to be there. So I've been sick for 3 weeks now and haven't complained or taken it easy at all but I went to the doctor and I was told to rest and take anti-biotics until I get better, no cheer. I told my coach this and she still wants me to go to practice and sit out. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I live over 2 hours away!!! The dorms are closed so I have no where to stay and I'm really sick. I do not want to drive 4 hours one way (I'll be stuck in traffic) to sit and watch a 3 hour practice to drive back 2 and a half hours... Am I being irrational?

I'd call that out of town.....lol

Right?! I'm sure other people are going to be "out of town" but closer to school than me and I don't think they're going to waste an entire day going to practice! I think I'm just going to tell her that I'm too sick to make the drive. Which is true, I've even been getting migraines...

Ugh I was from 2 hours from my college and unfortunately over breaks 2 hours meant local. I would have to drive 2 hours to cheer a basketball game. It basically only exempted the people from New Jersey.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Alright I looked in the Camp threads and asked this but I'm trying here too...
I'm trying to go to a camp this summer and improve my tumbling. Woodward PA is SO expensive, mostly from travel costs. It only costs 1000 for me to go but it would cost 1200 to get there, so 2200 total and less than half is actually for the camp! So we're looking for a cheaper option. Does anyone know anything about the Lake Tahoe Woodward? Has anyone been? I only ever hear about the Pennsylvania one.

I have never sent CP but here is a Link to more information WoodwardTahoe.com - Woodward Tahoe Cheer

It looks Pretty much the same as the one in PA and Woodward West as for format of the camp. The pricing is lower....maybe their is less staffing to pay for? Or perhaps it is just newer? It looks like the Facilities are really nice and State of the art, which you can expect at any Woodward camp! It also says if you sign up by April 1st you save $50!!

I really hope you get to go. My DH and I are thinking about sending CP to the one in PA this summer but haven't been able to pinpoint a good week yet.

Good Luck!

Lol if you think Jacksonville is cold af then you wouldn't be able to handle Wisconsin! It snowed here yesterday...hello spring?

You all need to come to Canada!! We just hit above freezing this week and had a major dump last week. :) I've always had a good giggle at the southern states (Cali, Fla) where everyone wears jackets, mitts/gloves, scarves and hats when it's +20 degrees (70+ F).

You all need to come to Canada!! We just hit above freezing this week and had a major dump last week. :) I've always had a good giggle at the southern states (Cali, Fla) where everyone wears jackets, mitts/gloves, scarves and hats when it's +20 degrees (70+ F).
Hahah I would love to go to Canada! My aunt and uncle go there a lot. Lol I always laugh at the people from the southern states too! Like I was in Louisiana this past weekend and it was about 50 (but pretty windy) on the day we were leaving and the lady that was checking our bags had on a long winter coat and a wool hat, but we all thought it was pretty nice out!

Hahah I would love to go to Canada! My aunt and uncle go there a lot. Lol I always laugh at the people from the southern states too! Like I was in Louisiana this past weekend and it was about 50 (but pretty windy) on the day we were leaving and the lady that was checking our bags had on a long winter coat and a wool hat, but we all thought it was pretty nice out!

If you're in Wisconsin, you know what I mean about winter. We went to Cali on year in Dec., and we were running around in shorts and tank tops while everyone else was in parkas and touques. It was hilarious the looks we got. But it was beautiful out!!

If you're in Wisconsin, you know what I mean about winter. We went to Cali on year in Dec., and we were running around in shorts and tank tops while everyone else was in parkas and touques. It was hilarious the looks we got. But it was beautiful out!!
Yes!! Hahaha that always happened to us when we went down to Florida for High School nationals in February

Welp.... guess who's going to have a bionic ankle? This girl. Broke my ankle for the 4th time last night... getting a plate put in it this summer. :oops:

Back