OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This whole situation is just madness. If you're sick of the network coverage go to WCVB (the Boston ABC affiliate's) website and watch their coverage. It's been far superior to the network coverage IMO. I've been watching it since I got home at 9 ish this morning and can't turn it off. Even though it probably wont happen, I seriously hope they can catch him alive and make him face our justice system

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I want them to catch him alive so we know what the motives were, who else (if any) they were working with, etc. Get some info out of him that could possibly prevent some future attacks and then...
25532724.jpg

Yeah, apparently the media is just spending the day interviewing Cambridge Latin Rindge High School class of 2011....and apparently he was a stand up guy to all of them.

It's pretty funny because they're all like "I didn't interact one on one with him." Please, you weren't friends with him - you were a classmate that maybe occasionally chatted with him. Maybe he was a relatively good, normal kid - at least he gave off that impression. But at the end of the day none of that matters - he's clearly NOT a good person. Though I do kind of wonder if his brother, who didn't seem to be able to assimilate the way the younger one did, was behind most of this and just kind of dragged his brother along. Not that it makes him innocent of course, you still have to be a terrible person to go along with it.

This whole situation is just madness. If you're sick of the network coverage go to WCVB (the Boston ABC affiliate's) website and watch their coverage. It's been far superior to the network coverage IMO. I've been watching it since I got home at 9 ish this morning and can't turn it off. Even though it probably wont happen, I seriously hope they can catch him alive and make him face our justice system

I've been watching all local channels. I had CNN on for a minute and rolled my eyes at some of the questions they were asking the person they were interviewed.

Thank you! Haha it was built in like 2008 so its really new... It's kinda weird going to other highschools and seeing the difference
Lucky! My school was built in the early 1970s and it is gross. We have temporary walls for more classrooms and no windows in any of them..

The amount of coverage on his background and on possible Al Qaeda connections has forced me to turn off most of the major news stations. I understand there is very little new information but really people... I'm sorry if this comment offends any of you, I'm not saying this generally of Americans, but it seems that lately (post-9/11) the American news media has been focusing FAR too much of the ethnic and religious background of people who commit crimes. There's a difference between informing the general public that a criminal was a certain religion or race, and then there's finding every possible connection that person may have to every terrorist organization, how their religious views could have possibly fueled the attack, and all-in-all just plain fear tactics.
Also, I'm sick of seeing that every person who does this is mentally ill, did not have the proper access to the services they needed. It's a scary reality, but sometimes people are just f-ed. Sometimes people do things that we don't consider normal because it's what they want to do. Sometimes these people are executing free will with full knowledge of the consequences and the severity of the situation. The way I personally look at each situation I see like this these days is this: Until a believable link has been made between the person's religion/race and their motives, or until there's proof that a mental deficiency or difference could cause that person to do something, I see no point in genuinely entertaining either of those ideas. Unfortunately, the news does not share those view points.
That isn't to say that I would ignore them, but I think news stations need to stop drawing unnecessary and un-waranted connections before they are confirmed.

It's pretty funny because they're all like "I didn't interact one on one with him." Please, you weren't friends with him - you were a classmate that maybe occasionally chatted with him. Maybe he was a relatively good, normal kid - at least he gave off that impression. But at the end of the day none of that matters - he's clearly NOT a good person. Though I do kind of wonder if his brother, who didn't seem to be able to assimilate the way the younger one did, was behind most of this and just kind of dragged his brother along. Not that it makes him innocent of course, you still have to be a terrible person to go along with it.

Exactly, the last thing I would do is defend that fool with anecdotes from high school about how he let me borrow a pencil once. Like shut up. Or the prom picture one of his friends dug up with the caption thats like "before you judge remember blahahahahah". You know what? Who cares. I'm sure even OJ Simpson was a friendly young lad when he was a wee boy back in kindergarten.

I feel bad for all his friends.

Imagine what they are dealing with.. They are in shock..

But people are harassing them on twitter and calling them all kinds of names.

He only followed like 100 people so for the most part they appear to be his friends and they are getting blown up with hateful comments...

I hope everyone involved with this victims and family and friends of those injured and killed and also the suspects friends and family.
They all need our thoughts or prayers right now!

Exactly, the last thing I would do is defend that fool with anecdotes from high school about how he let me borrow a pencil once. Like shut up. Or the prom picture one of his friends dug up with the caption thats like "before you judge remember blahahahahah". You know what? Who cares. I'm sure even OJ Simpson was a friendly young lad when he was a wee boy back in kindergarten.

I don't fault them. Most of them aren't defending him, it's just shocking. I'd probably say something similar about most of my classmates if they were responsible. Though I also wouldn't be talking to the media.

Yes! Any idea how to solve these?

1). 1+ (square root of 3) cos(x) + cos(2x)=0
2). Sin(^2)(2x)-sing(x2)=0
the ^2 is supposed to be squared lol
3). tan(x/3)- square root of 3=0
4).sec(x+ pi/2)= -2

I think I've got 1 and 4 if you still need help :) still looking at 3! And is 2) sin^2(2x)-sin(2x)=0?

I think I've got 1 and 4 if you still need help :) still looking at 3! And is 2) sin^2(2x)-sin(2x)=0?

Actually I turned it in about three hours ago :/ But thanks so much for offering to help!! :)

You're welcome! Sad as it sounds I miss doing maths so let me know if you get stuck again! (Chances are I won't be able to help, but I can try :p)

You miss math?! Hahah you're crazy! I will definitely let you know :)

Reactions: Ren
Back