OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
OMG Congratulations!
Side cheer note are you getting married worlds weekend? :)

Yeah, I knew I wasn't going this year and it was pretty much the only date we could get between the end of last season and beginning of a new season! There was about a 4 week window. Haha

So last night I didn't go to sleep, I was too intrigued by all that was going on in Boston. Between the people who were there tweeting, actually listening to the police scanners, and watching the news, I've concluded that I hate the Earth and the government and the media change a LOT of what actually happens. I just wish that the world was a way that the way something was reported was the way it happened, and there was no room for doubt, and there wasn't such insane contradictory evidence every time a tragedy happens.

So last night I didn't go to sleep, I was too intrigued by all that was going on in Boston. Between the people who were there tweeting, actually listening to the police scanners, and watching the news, I've concluded that I hate the Earth and the government and the media change a LOT of what actually happens. I just wish that the world was a way that the way something was reported was the way it happened, and there was no room for doubt, and there wasn't such insane contradictory evidence every time a tragedy happens.
It's like they're all trying to be the first to say something or break a new piece of news. There's just so much confusion and I guess paranoia. :confused:

I'm just blown away... There are 9,000 police officers, and a 19 year old kid that is ON FOOT. How can they not catch him!? I'm still in my pajamas watching the news, I can't get up and leave the couch...

And they've been searching for him for around 12 hours! I have a feeling he's fled the city, or that area has some really incompetent police officers.

And they've been searching for him for around 12 hours! I have a feeling he's fled the city, or that area has some really incompetent police officers.

I didn't realize all of this popped off over night until I woke up at 7am this morning...and I've been watching it ever since. It wasn't covered on the local news here at 11pm bc I was watching....and the MIT shooting happened around 10:20-30 ish.

I don't think he fled the city....for the simple fact that if he and his brother were going to flee the city, they should have done it Monday before anyone knew what they did. I bet he will be dead sometime in the next 24 hours.

This whole situation is suspect. They all get a side-eye from me.

Do you still need help?!
Yes! Any idea how to solve these?

1). 1+ (square root of 3) cos(x) + cos(2x)=0
2). Sin(^2)(2x)-sing(x2)=0
the ^2 is supposed to be squared lol
3). tan(x/3)- square root of 3=0
4).sec(x+ pi/2)= -2

I didn't realize all of this popped off over night until I woke up at 7am this morning...and I've been watching it ever since. It wasn't covered on the local news here at 11pm bc I was watching....and the MIT shooting happened around 10:20-30 ish.

I don't think he fled the city....for the simple fact that if he and his brother were going to flee the city, they should have done it Monday before anyone knew what they did. I bet he will be dead sometime in the next 24 hours.

I think I started watching the situation around 11:30, and stayed up until 5am, there's a LOT of stuff that is suspect. Most interesting is two things I discovered/realized over night. 1. The backpacks the 2 men are pictured wearing are not the same as the backpack bomb picture that was released by the FBI on Monday/Tuesday, 2. Many events discussed over police scanner last night were not even mentioned by news stations. I understand many details need to be withheld for various reasons, but this whole situation seems a little sketchy to me.

I think I started watching the situation around 11:30, and stayed up until 5am, there's a LOT of stuff that is suspect. Most interesting is two things I discovered/realized over night. 1. The backpacks the 2 men are pictured wearing are not the same as the backpack bomb picture that was released by the FBI on Monday/Tuesday, 2. Many events discussed over police scanner last night were not even mentioned by news stations. I understand many details need to be withheld for various reasons, but this whole situation seems a little sketchy to me.

The police scanners are crazy... There is no point in watching the news stations with the internet now. The internet is a thousand times more up to date than the news stations are, but I'm concerned with the scanner info. They say stuff, but then we never hear updates. What happened to the old man with the "bomb" on him? I heard they were using the robots to take his jacket off, but nothing since. I NEED TO KNOW.

My sister called me at 5:45am. She started a new job at mass general hospital and didn't know what to do since the subway was closed. I had no idea what she was talking about.

But there really hasn't been anything new today. I'm working from home since Boston is basically shut down, but there's no new news.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My sister called me at 5:45am. She started a new job at mass general hospital and didn't know what to do since the subway was closed. I had no idea what she was talking about.

But there really hasn't been anything new today. I'm working from home since Boston is basically shut down, but there's no new news.

Yeah, apparently the media is just spending the day interviewing Cambridge Latin Rindge High School class of 2011....and apparently he was a stand up guy to all of them.

This whole situation is just madness. If you're sick of the network coverage go to WCVB (the Boston ABC affiliate's) website and watch their coverage. It's been far superior to the network coverage IMO. I've been watching it since I got home at 9 ish this morning and can't turn it off. Even though it probably wont happen, I seriously hope they can catch him alive and make him face our justice system

Back