OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I posted a while back about getting a Mac laptop and I finally ordered one at orientation a couple weeks ago! I upgraded the hard drive so they had to build it and then send it out and it's being delivered today. Right now I have a Toshiba laptop and had a Dell before this...so basically Mac computers are all new to me. I've had iPods forever and an iPhone so I know how some Apple stuff works, but do you guys have any tips or anything for Apple laptops? I got the Macbook Pro 15 inch non-retina. Is it a tough transition from a PC to a Mac?

I posted a while back about getting a Mac laptop and I finally ordered one at orientation a couple weeks ago! I upgraded the hard drive so they had to build it and then send it out and it's being delivered today. Right now I have a Toshiba laptop and had a Dell before this...so basically Mac computers are all new to me. I've had iPods forever and an iPhone so I know how some Apple stuff works, but do you guys have any tips or anything for Apple laptops? I got the Macbook Pro 15 inch non-retina. Is it a tough transition from a PC to a Mac?

I got the same one! Not really. You just have to remember that you use command instead of control for most things and you can use the mouse pad better (IMO). I've been using Macs personally for nearly 3 years now but my high school had mainly PCs. Also, some files that you create on a Mac won't open on PCs (for example, I made a powerpoint on my laptop and the LG computers at my school said they couldn't read the file)

I got the same one! Not really. You just have to remember that you use command instead of control for most things and you can use the mouse pad better (IMO). I've been using Macs personally for nearly 3 years now but my high school had mainly PCs. Also, some files that you create on a Mac won't open on PCs (for example, I made a powerpoint on my laptop and the LG computers at my school said they couldn't read the file)

Thank you!! I got it all set up and it's actually not hard to use at all. I think I've played with them enough at the Apple store that I'm already kinda used to it :rolleyes: One more question though...what's the best way to transfer files from a PC to a Mac? When I first turned on the Mac it had the option to do the Migration Assistant and it didn't suggest using a cable (like people did on message boards that I googled after I already started) so I did it over Wifi. Except that it said it was taking 15 hours to transfer JUST my music...I don't have that kinda time to waste with summer classes and all. So should I just put it on a flash drive and transfer it that way? I feel like that would be fastest because its a direct connection, not over Wifi.

Thank you!! I got it all set up and it's actually not hard to use at all. I think I've played with them enough at the Apple store that I'm already kinda used to it :rolleyes: One more question though...what's the best way to transfer files from a PC to a Mac? When I first turned on the Mac it had the option to do the Migration Assistant and it didn't suggest using a cable (like people did on message boards that I googled after I already started) so I did it over Wifi. Except that it said it was taking 15 hours to transfer JUST my music...I don't have that kinda time to waste with summer classes and all. So should I just put it on a flash drive and transfer it that way? I feel like that would be fastest because its a direct connection, not over Wifi.

I took mine to the Apple store and they did it via cable to transfer my entire user over from my old white MacBook. I sat there for 4 hours while it transfered. You can't let it go to sleep while transferring or else it will pause and not start up again.

I didn't find the transition too hard, just remember when using pages/keynote/numbers, you can save documents as a Word Document, PowerPoint, and Excel Document respectively, if you're sending them to someone who has a PC (or if you're not sure what they have) so they'll be openable!

I didn't find the transition too hard, just remember when using pages/keynote/numbers, you can save documents as a Word Document, PowerPoint, and Excel Document respectively, if you're sending them to someone who has a PC (or if you're not sure what they have) so they'll be openable!

I use Microsoft Office for Mac and I've had problems with opening them on PCs...

I use Microsoft Office for Mac and I've had problems with opening them on PCs...

Oh great :( I got a free download for Microsoft Office through my school and it seems to work for everyone or I don't think they'd make it so readily available to everyone. So I hope it works!

Oh great :( I got a free download for Microsoft Office through my school and it seems to work for everyone or I don't think they'd make it so readily available to everyone. So I hope it works!

It may just be the stupid computers they have at my school.. They're LG desktops that are complete crap

Tumbling on the beach is easy right? I mean I have done handsprings before, but I'm going to Florida for a beach wedding and I have to get a standing back picture! I'm guessing they can't be harder to do than in a movie theater like hard ground, right? And I would be doing it on the wet sand.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Tumbling on the beach is easy right? I mean I have done handsprings before, but I'm going to Florida for a beach wedding and I have to get a standing back picture! I'm guessing they can't be harder to do than in a movie theater like hard ground, right? And I would be doing it on the wet sand.

I think beach tumbling isn't too bad, just be careful not to get sand in your eyes, it happens. I think landing on soft sand hurts less than wet sand, but I don't know forsure because it's been awhile since I've done real tumbling on the beach.

Just so I can avoid double posts, lol, first time on top shimmies, I feel kinda cool.

Not hard at all! Just make sure you're in a clean spot that doesn't have like any kind of stone or glass or something on it. Definitely not harder than movie theater ground. The only time for me it was hard was when I was at Cocoa Beach and we did them on sand that was a little bit more wet. If you do it on the dry, fluffy sand you'll be good!

Back