OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
ssccxnce why not pick a specific landmark in typographical history (say gutenbergs press or typewriters with interchangeable reels and write how it changed how people viewed the written word? Or write how the introduction of word processing on computers introduced a new way of conveying thoughts and feelings through typeface. Happy and whimsical would me comic sans and strict and scholarly would be something like times. Or write how overtime overuse of a particular typeface has created a stigma attached to it (again comic sans is an example). I would love your teacher!!!!
i was thinking about using Gutenberg's press as the main focus and then talking about the 95 thesis - luther and calvin and how the press itself helped move word faster across europe but im just not sure how far of a stretch that would be from what my prof wants (which i have no idea what that is because hes stupid and wont tell the class -.-)

The going price of a Twinkie....
Twinkies Hostess | eBay
You beat me to it! eBay...the only place on Planet Earth to buy Twinkies. First Cheer Perfection getting picked up and now this. The Mayans may have been right after all.

"Going price" doesn't mean they're actually "going" at that price though. That's not a going price - that's an offering price. LoL that's just a psycho trying to either by funny or crazy. We saw some on Amazon for $10,000.:p

We bought some on Amazon yesterday (with our Zingers) for a perfectly normal price. My friend got some at her grocery store last night for regular price.

I guess I'm the only person on this planet that doesn't like Hostess anything.... This does not phase me :p

I thought this too until I looked up what Hostess makes - Natures Pride bread is the bread we buy. It's the ONLY bread we buy, I can't stand any others. So we're looking for good bread now... And I know lots of people that buy Wonder bread. Hostess makes a lot more than nasty little cakes - they own a lot of companies, all of which will be liquidated. (But I agree with you there - they make some yucky little things, don't they?)

Warning, political rant ahead--->The main reason this phases me is because I am so against unions and this just solidifies why. A union that represents a very small percentage of employees went on a strike that put thousands and thousands of people out of work. It goes way deeper than that, but I won't get into it on here, but no, Hostess isn't blameless. But I could go on for days about unions and what they are doing to our economy. :banghead:

So. Freaking. Tired. Woke up at 6 AM for a fundraiser for band... Trying to serve so many people that all complain about something is not fun...

I only like the cupcake things. And the Suze Q's or whatever.
Did they make those fruit pies too? I haven't had one in decades but I remember bring obsessed with them when I was a kid. Probably because my parents refused to buy them. Ever.

Warning, political rant ahead--->The main reason this phases me is because I am so against unions and this just solidifies why. A union that represents a very small percentage of employees went on a strike that put thousands and thousands of people out of work. It goes way deeper than that, but I won't get into it on here, but no, Hostess isn't blameless. But I could go on for days about unions and what they are doing to our economy. :banghead:
If you really want to hate unions, watch 'Waiting for Superman.' I've never wanted to single-handedly destroy something so much in my life..and while I can appreciate unions for their intended purpose, the consequences are often dire.

Did they make those fruit pies too? I haven't had one in decades but I remember bring obsessed with them when I was a kid. Probably because my parents refused to buy them. Ever.

Oh I used to love those little pies (yes, they made them too.) Good news for you: they were not actually very good. .5 oz fruit filling for every 3 oz air space. :D

Does performance order really affect placement?

i was wondering that today about spirit celebration. not that i suspect anything fishy, the rankings seem pretty on (though i'm not there, so who knows) but med coed went twice today instead of going yesterday, so i was wondering if their round 1 scores were truly accurate comparisons to the other divisions. the judges saw them earlier in the day and had fresher eyes. obviously the med coed division rankings are right, but just curious about the worlds bid rankings.

no speculation or negativity here, but i was just thinking about that as you happened to post this thought.

Back