OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Cory Monteith :( I'm so sad for all his friends and family. Especially Lea Michele and the Glee cast. And I can't even handle tumblr right now.

Ok teens, I have a fashionably challenged 13 yo son who is going into 8th grade. We've moved to a new school district so this is the first time where he hasn't had to wear school uniforms. What are some popular clothing/shoe brands for boys that age?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Ok teens, I have a fashionably challenged 13 yo son who is going into 8th grade. We've moved to a new school district so this is the first time where he hasn't had to wear school uniforms. What are some popular clothing/shoe brands for boys that age?

My brothers wear a lot of like athletic stuff - Nike, Under armour, etc. But they're very athletic. Even if your son isn't super athletic, those are good brands for shoes! As for normal clothes (which its hard to get them into) my mom looks a lot at American Eagle (she finds a lot on the sale rack) and then just like darker wash jeans, cargo shorts, etc. My brothers and their friends wear athletic shorts most of the time though, which you can even get from like Kohls if you're looking for something inexpensive. I know my brothers generally wear generic shorts/pants because it doesn't really matter to them, and then their shirts are what my mom buys from like MC Sports, Dicks, Am.Eagle. They're also obsessed with colorful Nike socks but that's just them I think.

My brothers wear a lot of like athletic stuff - Nike, Under armour, etc. But they're very athletic. Even if your son isn't super athletic, those are good brands for shoes! As for normal clothes (which its hard to get them into) my mom looks a lot at American Eagle (she finds a lot on the sale rack) and then just like darker wash jeans, cargo shorts, etc. My brothers and their friends wear athletic shorts most of the time though, which you can even get from like Kohls if you're looking for something inexpensive. I know my brothers generally wear generic shorts/pants because it doesn't really matter to them, and then their shirts are what my mom buys from like MC Sports, Dicks, Am.Eagle. They're also obsessed with colorful Nike socks but that's just them I think.

Thanks! That's super helpful since he will not wear jeans at all and tends to go for the athletic look (which is just a look and not a lifestyle lol).

Where I live guys mostly wear Vineyard Vines, Polo, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Nike, athletic clothes etc

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Cory Monteith :( I'm so sad for all his friends and family. Especially Lea Michele and the Glee cast. And I can't even handle tumblr right now.

it's very sad, and an unfortunate reality of drug addiction.

on a separate note, the picture of "lea michele" crying over his casket all over social media is disrespectful and driving me insane. that is an American soldier. not to mention he wouldn't even be in a coffin yet. oh, and he's from canada. and not a soldier. and whoever that poor soldier's family and loved ones are are seeing that picture all over today and it makes me sad for them all over again.

I have lived trough many unexpected celebrity deaths, but this one is a first aone effect me as a teenager. When Aaliyah and Left Eye passed, I was so young that I was only a fan because of radio and music video so the impact was minor. That's the only time people I was a a true fan of passed away. But I watch Glee faithfully. I knew Corey Montieth, and who he dated, his back story. It wasn't just his song on the radio. M
I'm shocked. Praying for everyone.

People complaining on Twitter that people are killed all the time and know one cares are right. But how many times is it someone that you watched on your television screen for four years? Or your family memebr?People shouldn't control what/who or how people mourn.

it's very sad, and an unfortunate reality of drug addiction.

on a separate note, the picture of "lea michele" crying over his casket all over social media is disrespectful and driving me insane. that is an American soldier. not to mention he wouldn't even be in a coffin yet. oh, and he's from canada. and not a soldier. and whoever that poor soldier's family and loved ones are are seeing that picture all over today and it makes me sad for them all over again.
Oh I know! It's was clear to me the second I saw that pic that it was probably a soldier. Sure she looks like Lea I guess, but really? Luckily I've seen more people saying "don't spread this it's not her" than "look it's lea Michele".

I have lived trough many unexpected celebrity deaths, but this one is a first aone effect me as a teenager. When Aaliyah and Left Eye passed, I was so young that I was only a fan because of radio and music video so the impact was minor. That's the only time people I was a a true fan of passed away. But I watch Glee faithfully. I knew Corey Montieth, and who he dated, his back story. It wasn't just his song on the radio. M
I'm shocked. Praying for everyone.
I feel like that too. Like this is the first young celebrity that has died in my lifetime. I feel like this will be to the musical theater community what Kurt Cobain's death was to the grunge following

Back