OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anybody have a good recommendation for a rain jacket? The only one I have is getting pretty small so I've been thinking about getting a Patagonia one. Or any recommendations for new ski/winter jackets?

I have the North Face Venture rain jacket and love it. It is definitely water and wind proof and runs slightly big so you can layer underneath it. My favorite thing about it though is that it's super thin (but still warm) so it folds up really small and can easily be shoved in my bag if it is nice in the morning, but with a chance of rain later in the day. Where I go to school it can be any of the four seasons on any given day, so I love being able to carry it in my bag just in case

The Fierce Board App!

Does anyone know a stretch for lower shoulder/upper back?
Its been absolutely killing me but I cannot figure out how to stretch it! Nothing is working.
15x026b.png

Does anyone know a stretch for lower shoulder/upper back?
Its been absolutely killing me but I cannot figure out how to stretch it! Nothing is working.
15x026b.png

Do you need to stretch it or to loosen it because it is tight? If it is tight: take one of those spikey massage balls (fun fact: they are called hedgehog ball in Germany), stand with your back against a wall with that ball between you and the wall and move around until you hit the trigger points. It hurts a lot in the beginning, but you'll definitely feel better afterwards.

Do you need to stretch it or to loosen it because it is tight? If it is tight: take one of those spikey massage balls (fun fact: they are called hedgehog ball in Germany), stand with your back against a wall with that ball between you and the wall and move around until you hit the trigger points. It hurts a lot in the beginning, but you'll definitely feel better afterwards.

Didn't really think about that! When I turn my head and when I look down I feel a sharp pain in that area.
I think it just needs to loosen off, but I don't want to not move it because that will make it worse.

Didn't really think about that! When I turn my head and when I look down I feel a sharp pain in that area.
I think it just needs to loosen off, but I don't want to not move it because that will make it worse.
if you don't have a spikey ball, a tennis ball works pretty well too! you can lay on the floor with it on the spot :) i had issues with a spot on my back for a long time, and even going to PT they said to use a tennis ball. It is a life changer.

I don't know if anyone else follows Baylor Acro and Tumbling on Instagram, but it's signing day and Baylor is going to have some serious talent next season. Shayla Moore, Molly Gibbons, as well as athletes from Cheer Athletics (I think one of them was last pass on Panthers last season,) Stingrays Orange, World Cup Shooting Stars and Texas Lonestar have signed along with multiple gymnasts. And they already have Kiara Nowlin. Geeeeez.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Ok, so today I kinda got conned into signing up to donate blood next week. The lady was super convincing and saving lives are pretty cool so I said yes.
I don't know if anyone else follows Baylor Acro and Tumbling on Instagram, but it's signing day and Baylor is going to have some serious talent next season. Shayla Moore, Molly Gibbons, as well as athletes from Cheer Athletics (I think one of them was last pass on Panthers last season,) Stingrays Orange, World Cup Shooting Stars and Texas Lonestar have signed along with multiple gymnasts. And they already have Kiara Nowlin. Geeeeez.

I saw that, so awesome.

I have donated both whole blood and platelets. I've always enjoyed doing it. Just make sure you eat before you go.

lol so I didn't mean to link those two post together haha, oops. Needles kinda freak me out, but I figured if I have done an IV then I can give blood, right?

Ok, so today I kinda got conned into signing up to donate blood next week. The lady was super convincing and saving lives are pretty cool so I said yes.

I saw that, so awesome.

I gave blood a few times but then passed out about 45 mins later after one of them so I'm not allowed to do it again for a year or so. I'm not great with needles either but it's really easy to just look the other way and you can't feel it once it's in. Plus you get free biscuits afterwards :)

Just make sure you eat and drink enough (probably more than you usually do) on the day and don't drive afterwards if it's your first time doing it (I drove home after giving blood then fainted once I got back, I hate to think what might have happened if I'd passed out whilst driving) and if you're exercising that day just take it slowly (same with alcohol)

It's such a good thing to do and it feels so good after knowing that you may have helped to save someone's life :)

Just a little tip because I know scheduling is coming up for a lot of us college kids (I schedule today!!) :)There's this website that is totally free and will help you plan out your schedule electronically. It's really helped me out because I can see if classes will overlap and I don't waste a lot of paper. It's myedu.com , and all you have to do to sign up is have your name, school, major and email. This isn't sponsored at all, I just thought it would be helpful.

Back