OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Im really hoping its a glitch but according to my schools website I was dropped from two of my classes without being told. Neither have pre-reqs to be taken either. I tried to re-register for one of the classes that has a spot left and it said that I had reached the maximum amount of credit hours that can be taken. The max is 19 and with my current schedule I have 12. Im not eve sure what office to call to get this sorted out.
Do you have a screen shot or printout of the original schedule? I'd take that with you.

Sorry for the triple post but my friend got back to me and Im not listed on the class list. Wonderful.
You may be able to email the professor and get written into the class. Your school probably has a system for this. I know I did that last semester for myself and I had to contact the department head as well as both of the teachers who had sections of the needed class.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ugh.. Why must things cost money?! Not only did I spend over $400 on books this semester, I have to buy tickets to plays for my Survey of Dramatic Literature class. $7 for an on campus play, $10 for one in downtown Ft. Myers, $15 for one in Naples, and $45 for one in Sarasota (which includes a charter bus). So that's $77 extra and most of these tickets we have to purchase by the 23rd.. Where am I gonna get this money?!

sooooo i got my birthday present way way way way way earlyyyy from my besties and im sooo freakin beyond happy that im going to TOMORROWLAND 2013 <3 YAYAYYAAY
if you ever decide to go again, let me know. I live almost next to the festivalsite. Always happy to host fierceboarders:)

Yep I already registered :) And if I get the ticket count me and some of my friend into your house few days before Tomorrrowland starts
I managed to register too. not even sure weither im going or not but i think i should at least try!
you are all above 18? they are very strict in letting people in I heard.
and yeay my house is going to be so crowded:)

I managed to register too. not even sure weither im going or not but i think i should at least try!
you are all above 18? they are very strict in letting people in I heard.
and yeay my house is going to be so crowded:)

I tried at 12am when they opened the register site but it crashed. I tried again after few hours and it worked.
Yep we are all above 18 :) and yees probably full of cheerleaders :p

I tried at 12am when they opened the register site but it crashed. I tried again after few hours and it worked.
Yep we are all above 18 :) and yees probably full of cheerleaders :p
they said on the news that the site crashed at noon because too many were trying at the same moment. but they updated it a few hours later. around 6pm it was working perfect again:)

So I called and apparently I was placed on academic probation even though I have a 2.52 since I had a bad semester. So I can only take 12 credits which now means Ill be at that school for another semester. Apparently they go off just their gpa and don't include the transfer gpa. Im now looking at other schools since this one is ridiculous.
Bummer, but at least you know.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

To join the school rant conversation, I'm furious with Pearson/myWhateverlab people. We had a Pearson rep to come in to explain the mylab system where she raved about how accessible the eText is and how we can read it on our iPhones and now we don't have an excuse to not bring it because we can always access it.
She must have no clue what she is talking about because I have spent the past 3 hours trying to find someway to get it on my iPhone and/or Kindle. I have sent emails, done live chats, read FAQ's, did troubleshooting searches, everything. So I either carry about my huge laptop everywhere, pay over $100 for the actual book, or pay $70 for the book on my Kindle from the Amazon store which I don't even think it is the right edition. In addition to the $55 just to get onto mylab to do homework. Where as if everything actually worked, the eText and mylab cost would be $70 total.
Pearson only makes an app for iPads (because every college student can afford iPads) and Android tablets. Not even an app for iPhones. And why make an app for Kindle? It's only a tablet DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO READ BOOKS. Pearson seriously needs to make it truly as available as they say it is, or make sure their reps know what it's actually accessible with before telling hundreds of students false information. :mad:
So if anyone has experience or advice with any of this Pearson crap or knows how to get Flash player (v11.2 or later) on a Kindle Fire HD, please PM me.
[/rant]

So I called and apparently I was placed on academic probation even though I have a 2.52 since I had a bad semester. So I can only take 12 credits which now means Ill be at that school for another semester. Apparently they go off just their gpa and don't include the transfer gpa. Im now looking at other schools since this one is ridiculous.
I'm not trying to be mean at all, just realistic, but if you have low grades wouldn't it just benefit you to stay there, take the 12 credits, get your GPA back up, and then try to transfer? Or just stay after you get your GPA up? I know semesters are bad sometimes but it's not going to get easier as you move into higher level classes either. Just my two cents.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I got my braces off today after 2 1/2 years! So thankful! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

Haha ! I'm happy for you, getting mine off was the best feeling ever ! People thought I was crazy when I said that finally being apple the actually bite into an apple was amazing :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back