OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anatomy and physiology is no joke y'all.... reading 50+ pages a week along with studying countless anatomical positions and terms, my brain may explode this semester. :confused: i'm already stressing and I might go ahead and drop my texas government class because we have group projects due EVERY 2 WEEKS, like who has that kind of time! I go to school in Frisco and I live in the garland area, thats about an hour drive for me to and from school 2 times a week, with traffic, i don't have time to meet my group every week outside of class time, study for my english class, anatomy, work and sleep... someone help me, should I drop it or no? I really have to make an A in anatomy to get considered for my nursing program I'm wanting to get into.... @Just-a-Mom can you give me a little insight, I recall you've taken A&P before, or am I going crazy? lol
I took A & P prereqs (separately, but both) last year in undergrad. I am now in grad school and took physio and a kind of basic anatomy class last semester and am now in gross anatomy. I'm not an expert by any means, but I know the struggles of these classes and can try and give you tips for the class if you need it.:D Can't help too much about the other class, but if you are able to, I would drop it. I didn't find A & P in undergrad too challenging, but I would definitely spend as much time as you can with it because I am sure you will really need to know the material for nursing school.

One of my room mates has an interview for grad school at Ohio State tomorrow morning so us and another one of my roommates are here in Columbus for the night and I'm loving it. I'm so jealous of her if she gets in. It's so nice here!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Any fierceboarders live in the Madison, WI area? I'm interviewing for an internship at the children's hospital there and its so crazy to think I might get to spend the summer there! I also applied to 4 in California but haven't heard anything yet! So nerve wracking!

How do I kindly tell my roommate and her friends to shut up as turn the volume down of their viewing of Family Guy AGAIN? I kinda need sleep..

Anatomy and physiology is no joke y'all.... reading 50+ pages a week along with studying countless anatomical positions and terms, my brain may explode this semester. :confused: i'm already stressing and I might go ahead and drop my texas government class because we have group projects due EVERY 2 WEEKS, like who has that kind of time! I go to school in Frisco and I live in the garland area, thats about an hour drive for me to and from school 2 times a week, with traffic, i don't have time to meet my group every week outside of class time, study for my english class, anatomy, work and sleep... someone help me, should I drop it or no? I really have to make an A in anatomy to get considered for my nursing program I'm wanting to get into.... @Just-a-Mom can you give me a little insight, I recall you've taken A&P before, or am I going crazy? lol

That class can be brutal! I had the bright idea to take the pre-med class to fullfill the licensing requirements for my massage and esthetician licenses. It was a while ago, but all I can remember is that the class took over my life for 4 months. Are you taking a lab with it? That helps a lot. I also carried flash cards with terms with me at all times. I would go over them in the car, in line at the cafeteria...everywhere! It is a lot. The only thing that I can say is that classes got easier as you go deeper into your field. Looking back at it, I think that they were trying to weed people out :( Just pace yourself and you will do fine!

I just got a job at Chick Fil A! I'm so excited! If anyone has worked there before or currently works there, which shoes did you get? I texted my friend that works there but she might be working right now which is why she isn't answering me.. I saw these ones on the site we're supposed to get them from but I think they're a bit pricy (even if they are non-slip).

My younger sister worked at chick fil a (for 2 months) and she just wore black shoes from Walmart

One of my room mates has an interview for grad school at Ohio State tomorrow morning so us and another one of my roommates are here in Columbus for the night and I'm loving it. I'm so jealous of her if she gets in. It's so nice here!

Yeah I am shocked at how pretty of a City Columbus is. I lived there as a little girl and i don't remember much (other than hating the cold and that my neighbor wouldn't play with me because I was black....) but in high school I briefly considered applying to OSU, but my mom was like "no girl, the cold"

Anyway my mom and I went back December '13 for a funeral and I was so impressed. Downtown was pretty....I went to two malls that were great. I ate at Max and Erma's and 13 months later I still reflect fondly upon their chicken tortilla soup and cookies

My family should really go back there more

So it sounds kinda weird but if you like cats or animals in general you'll understand. I realized today that my cat is 14. Im so grateful that shes lived this long and hasn't had any health issues. If you give her enough cat nip she acts like a kitten again even. While I've had four cats that I can remember she's the only one that has been specifically mine and only mine. I picked her out as a six year old and named her after a character from Captain Planet. I'm gonna be devastated when she dies which hopefully isn't for many more years cause I don't think I could handle it. Shes a huge pain in the butt but she's my pain in the butt.

Sorry if this is super rambly. #futurecrazycatlady
I have a couple that comes into where I work and they buy like seventy dollars worth of cat food. So I asked one day how many cats they have and she said thirteen. She then told me she feeds her older cats jarred baby food because there's more nutrients and it's easier to digest. She said she has two cats who are 28 years old now. Maybe something to look into!

There's some of the best shopping in Ohio right there. I'm near Cleveland but everyone here goes to Columbus for prom dresses and stuff like that. I used to go there for hockey tournaments all the time and I miss it!

Yeah I am shocked at how pretty of a City Columbus is. I lived there as a little girl and i don't remember much (other than hating the cold and that my neighbor wouldn't play with me because I was black....) but in high school I briefly considered applying to OSU, but my mom was like "no girl, the cold"

Anyway my mom and I went back December '13 for a funeral and I was so impressed. Downtown was pretty....I went to two malls that were great. I ate at Max and Erma's and 13 months later I still reflect fondly upon their chicken tortilla soup and cookies

Sorry for the double post but Max and Erma's cookies are to die for. There's one 5 mins from my house and they have free cookie Wednesdays so it's slightly dangerous. Considering you get TWO cookies per meal.

Unrelated, but I need some advice from you all!
My roommate is my best friend from high school and we haven't really had any problems together (aside from her boyfriend staying in our room for 4 days at a time...) but we are still best friends! However I cannot live with her next year. She's extremely antisocial with everyone in our hall besides me and has literally made no friends, which makes this even harder because she won't have anyone to room with next year. One of my best friends I made at school lives across the hall from us and we decided to room together next year. But I have NO idea how to tell my roommate that I'm not living with her next year. We're still friends so I don't want to ruin our friendship.

Yeah, it was frigid yesterday. Single digits as the high. And it was pretty windy. So for that reason we didn't really do as much exploring as we'd like. We pretty much stuck to N. High street (idk if that means anything to you). We went to a restaurant called Eddie George's and it was pretty good. The waitress gave my friend a free piece of cake for good luck on her interview and they had really good wine :p I'll have to visit Max and Ermas when I visit her when she gets in haha. But yeah it's really really pretty. I'd move there if I had the opportunity. I love big cities. I hope you get to go back with your family soon!

There's some of the best shopping in Ohio right there. I'm near Cleveland but everyone here goes to Columbus for prom dresses and stuff like that. I used to go there for hockey tournaments all the time and I miss it!

I've been there a couple times when I was really little to visit family but haven't been back since then so it was cool to see. I was sad to see that the original Wendy's closed since I went there as a kid. Cleveland looked like a really nice place too. We didn't go too many places because we were only there for the interview and then heading back but I'd love to explore some more. I'm so sad to be going back to NY now lol.

Yeah, it was frigid yesterday. Single digits as the high. And it was pretty windy. So for that reason we didn't really do as much exploring as we'd like. We pretty much stuck to N. High street (idk if that means anything to you). We went to a restaurant called Eddie George's and it was pretty good. The waitress gave my friend a free piece of cake for good luck on her interview and they had really good wine :p I'll have to visit Max and Ermas when I visit her when she gets in haha. But yeah it's really really pretty. I'd move there if I had the opportunity. I love big cities. I hope you get to go back with your family soon!

I've been there a couple times when I was really little to visit family but haven't been back since then so it was cool to see. I was sad to see that the original Wendy's closed since I went there as a kid. Cleveland looked like a really nice place too. We didn't go too many places because we were only there for the interview and then heading back but I'd love to explore some more. I'm so sad to be going back to NY now lol.

Eh, Cleveland is iffy. It really lives up to it's nickname the "Mistake on the Lake". The one thing I love is West Side Market which is a foodie's dream come true but I live on the east side sooo don't get there often. The big attractions obviously are the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center, both of which I went to regularly growing up so they are nothing exciting to me now haha. I supposed there would be a lot of things to do here if you hadn't grown up complaining that there's "nothing to do around here" but I think everyone says that no matter where they live :p(unless of course it's NYC where I really really really want to live one day).

I've been doing nothing but watching Todd and the Book of Pure Evil all day.. Well, with 3 homework assignments done and 3 left :p I recommend it if you like stupid humor and heavy metal music. ETA: It's a bit gory and NSFW

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back