OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anatomy and physiology is no joke y'all.... reading 50+ pages a week along with studying countless anatomical positions and terms, my brain may explode this semester. :confused: i'm already stressing and I might go ahead and drop my texas government class because we have group projects due EVERY 2 WEEKS, like who has that kind of time! I go to school in Frisco and I live in the garland area, thats about an hour drive for me to and from school 2 times a week, with traffic, i don't have time to meet my group every week outside of class time, study for my english class, anatomy, work and sleep... someone help me, should I drop it or no? I really have to make an A in anatomy to get considered for my nursing program I'm wanting to get into.... @Just-a-Mom can you give me a little insight, I recall you've taken A&P before, or am I going crazy? lol

Me after Community tonight:

tumblr_inline_mxny1rYWc61qam4o2.gif

Ahh :( :(

Anatomy and physiology is no joke y'all.... reading 50+ pages a week along with studying countless anatomical positions and terms, my brain may explode this semester. :confused: i'm already stressing and I might go ahead and drop my texas government class because we have group projects due EVERY 2 WEEKS, like who has that kind of time! I go to school in Frisco and I live in the garland area, thats about an hour drive for me to and from school 2 times a week, with traffic, i don't have time to meet my group every week outside of class time, study for my english class, anatomy, work and sleep... someone help me, should I drop it or no? I really have to make an A in anatomy to get considered for my nursing program I'm wanting to get into.... @Just-a-Mom can you give me a little insight, I recall you've taken A&P before, or am I going crazy? lol
Do you need to take that gov course now? If not, I would probably drop. I'm taking a stats course that has a reputation for being one of the hardest in my school and decided to drop an easier course so I would be at 16 hours instead of 19 and could focus more on stats/econ/accounting which I have to take this semester. Good luck with Anatomy! It sounds like a rough class, but I'm sure you can get an A!

I tried at 12am when they opened the register site but it crashed. I tried again after few hours and it worked.
Yep we are all above 18 :) and yees probably full of cheerleaders :p
Well, if there are too much cheerleaders for Sharkie's house, I volunteer my house as well :) I also might be a Tomorrowland expert haha. This will be my ninth year. Best weekend of the year. By far! :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

1. Is the government course something they offer often, so it will be easy to fit it in at a later time? That's been my problem a few times with courses I've dropped - when I was ready to take them, they weren't being offered so I had to wait.
2. Will you still be full-time if you drop it? (this matters a LOT if you are getting financial aid, and less if you are not)
3. What is Texas government class? Is that something that your school requires? Texas? Or is it just fulfilling a history/social science requirement (meaning can you substitute it with a different course that doesn't require all those projects?)
4. Is your nursing school in Texas? Because if it's not, I don't think Texas government class will matter - but A&P will, no matter where you go.
5. Are you getting an associates and then applying to the bachelors program? Or just doing some prereq's and then applying? (not a big deal, just if you're only doing prereq's it may not matter as much if you ever take that Texas gov class)

My thoughts are that you should go ahead and drop it. The drawbacks to that are obvious - you'll have to find a way to fit it in later. But truthfully that can be done. There just plain are semesters that will be an easier course load that you'll be able to fit it in. I always laugh when people with great GPA's switch to healthcare majors and cram 18 credit hours in and say, "Well, I'm an A student." Yeah... I think we're all A students when we're taking ENG 111 and HUM 101! When they're teaching you to keep people from dying, they tend to be a little tougher. :rolleyes: Those people rarely stay straight A students. If you're working too... it's tough!

If you can get A's in A&P, micro, organic, and pharmacology, you can get A's in anything. And you're right - to get into most nursing programs, especially the more-difficult-to-get-into ones, you'll need those A's to be competitive. I say do whatever it takes to get A's in those classes.

1. Is the government course something they offer often, so it will be easy to fit it in at a later time? That's been my problem a few times with courses I've dropped - when I was ready to take them, they weren't being offered so I had to wait.
2. Will you still be full-time if you drop it? (this matters a LOT if you are getting financial aid, and less if you are not)
3. What is Texas government class? Is that something that your school requires? Texas? Or is it just fulfilling a history/social science requirement (meaning can you substitute it with a different course that doesn't require all those projects?)
4. Is your nursing school in Texas? Because if it's not, I don't think Texas government class will matter - but A&P will, no matter where you go.
5. Are you getting an associates and then applying to the bachelors program? Or just doing some prereq's and then applying? (not a big deal, just if you're only doing prereq's it may not matter as much if you ever take that Texas gov class)

My thoughts are that you should go ahead and drop it. The drawbacks to that are obvious - you'll have to find a way to fit it in later. But truthfully that can be done. There just plain are semesters that will be an easier course load that you'll be able to fit it in. I always laugh when people with great GPA's switch to healthcare majors and cram 18 credit hours in and say, "Well, I'm an A student." Yeah... I think we're all A students when we're taking ENG 111 and HUM 101! When they're teaching you to keep people from dying, they tend to be a little tougher. :rolleyes: Those people rarely stay straight A students. If you're working too... it's tough!

If you can get A's in A&P, micro, organic, and pharmacology, you can get A's in anything. And you're right - to get into most nursing programs, especially the more-difficult-to-get-into ones, you'll need those A's to be competitive. I say do whatever it takes to get A's in those classes.
1. Yes that texas government is something they offer almost every semester (even maymester and summer) and have a ton of classes to choose from, so that will not be a problem.
2. I'm taking 10 hours this semester, (i know not that much but A&P is my main focus right now, and I want to devote as much time as I can while still working part time)
3. Every university/college in Texas requires students to take gov 3205 (federal and american) and 2306 (texas gov) so it isn't something I could get out of unless I go to nursing school out of state (which I'm not really planning on)
4. Yes my nursing school will be in Texas.
5. I'm getting my AAS (associates in applied science) then applying to the nursing program that I currently am going to school at, i will get my RN license at the end of the 2 year program, then am applying to what ever college and getting my BSN.

Thank you so much for the advice, it's nice to know someone on here that knows what it's like to go through all this :)

I just got a job at Chick Fil A! I'm so excited! If anyone has worked there before or currently works there, which shoes did you get? I texted my friend that works there but she might be working right now which is why she isn't answering me.. I saw these ones on the site we're supposed to get them from but I think they're a bit pricy (even if they are non-slip).

I just got a job at Chick Fil A! I'm so excited! If anyone has worked there before or currently works there, which shoes did you get? I texted my friend that works there but she might be working right now which is why she isn't answering me.. I saw these ones on the site we're supposed to get them from but I think they're a bit pricy (even if they are non-slip).
I work in a restaurant and if you have to get non-slip shoes, I know walmart makes a brand of shoes called tredsafe, they're around $20, not the best quality, but you'll just be wearing them to work!

Ahh congrats! You're gonna love it. Staff is so much fun!
Thank you! It looks like tons of fun, I just hope I pass this round! I guess it's all about your teaching styles so I'm not sure what to expect but hopefully it goes well :)

I work in a restaurant and if you have to get non-slip shoes, I know walmart makes a brand of shoes called tredsafe, they're around $20, not the best quality, but you'll just be wearing them to work!
We're required to buy them from shoesforcrews.com or else I would so buy them from Walmart

Back