OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you're not using your phone for a while (or do it before going to sleep), open this page from UNICEF and for every ten minutes you don't use your phone, they're donating one day's worth of clean drinking water to a child in need. You literally don't have to do anything and it's going to a good cause! UNICEF Tap Project

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Cp was telling me about this. I still do not understand what one thing has to do with the other but if it actually accomplishes that goal then it is pretty cool.

Cp was telling me about this. I still do not understand what one thing has to do with the other but if it actually accomplishes that goal then it is pretty cool.
I think the goal is for people to see that in other parts of the world they go without water every day, but we can't even go without our phones for more than a few minutes. So the challenge is to see how long you can go without touching your phone and think about going that same amount of time without clean water.

I think the goal is for people to see that in other parts of the world they go without water every day, but we can't even go without our phones for more than a few minutes. So the challenge is to see how long you can go without touching your phone and think about going that same amount of time without clean water.

Aaaah thank you. Very interesting concept. And sad but true for us in regards to our phones.

If you're not using your phone for a while (or do it before going to sleep), open this page from UNICEF and for every ten minutes you don't use your phone, they're donating one day's worth of clean drinking water to a child in need. You literally don't have to do anything and it's going to a good cause! UNICEF Tap Project

This is stupid. Either donate or don't. But don't make it seem like I'm killing children because I use my phone. What if I'm calling to make a donation?

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

This is stupid. Either donate or don't. But don't make it seem like I'm killing children because I use my phone. What if I'm calling to make a donation?

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

Not sure where you got that, but that's definitely not what I said at all. The two concepts are in no way related, except for this one campaign. You're an adult with the financial means to donate to whomever you choose, but this campaign is being targeted at teens and young adults who may not have the resources to do so. I don't have the money to donate, so I try to give my time. Right now I'm swamped with school so I can't give much time, but this is a way to help someone while doing homework and all the other things I need to do. What is the harm in raising awareness? I only chose to share it because the boards are full of good people who might partake in an easy way to help an established cause. Millions of people retweet bogus donation claims, but this is going to a proven organization. If people want to play along then great, if not no harm no foul. Not sure why you felt so strongly about my sharing it.

Not sure where you got that, but that's definitely not what I said at all. The two concepts are in no way related, except for this one campaign. You're an adult with the financial means to donate to whomever you choose, but this campaign is being targeted at teens and young adults who may not have the resources to do so. I don't have the money to donate, so I try to give my time. Right now I'm swamped with school so I can't give much time, but this is a way to help someone while doing homework and all the other things I need to do. What is the harm in raising awareness? I only chose to share it because the boards are full of good people who might partake in an easy way to help an established cause. Millions of people retweet bogus donation claims, but this is going to a proven organization. If people want to play along then great, if not no harm no foul. Not sure why you felt so strongly about my sharing it.

I think it seems like a great idea. I'm too attached to my phone anyway, so I will definitely be checking this out

@ashscott41 I don't have a problem with you at all. Or with you or anyone sharing that people in the world struggle. Or with anyone trying to raise money or materiel for donating to others.

I have a problem with UNICEF basically saying "We have the water to donate. But if you don't set your phone down, we're not going to do it."

THAT'S what is stupid.

@ashscott41 I don't have a problem with you at all. Or with you or anyone sharing that people in the world struggle. Or with anyone trying to raise money or materiel for donating to others.

I have a problem with UNICEF basically saying "We have the water to donate. But if you don't set your phone down, we're not going to do it."

THAT'S what is stupid.

Thank you for clarifying. It is my understanding that in cases like these it is usually a third party insurance group that actually pays out the amount raised. Please don't hate the player, hate the game because UNICEF is consistently rated as one of the best and most efficient charities.

Am I the only person who thinks that Matt Smith looks like that kid on Bates Motel? Not saying he's a psycho or anything hah, but I suddenly realized the resemblance.

@ashscott41

THAT'S what is stupid.
Thank you for clarifying. It is my understanding that in cases like these it is usually a third party insurance group that actually pays out the amount raised. Please don't hate the player, hate the game because UNICEF is consistently rated as one of the best and most efficient charities.

My understanding is also that usually the amount being donated is already set, and will be donated no matter what. The part about not using your phone (or whatever - they all ask people to do something) is just to raise awareness. So I'm pretty sure unicef is donating the water no matter what - just trying to also do something to make teenagers and young adults think about someone else.

Back