OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a paralyzing fear of throw up. I've trained myself to not throw up when I get sick. It's like a mental toughness it's great. If someone threw up on me I'd probably die. My sister threw up on me when I was 4 and ever since I can't be near it or see it. Even on tv shows or movies I have to cover my eyes.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm afraid of throw up and blood. At my nieces cheer showcase a girl threw up in front of me and I started gagging and I had to go away.

Throw up on tv makes me heave. Baby spit up makes me feel weak (so if I never have kids this would probably be why...not the hair stuff). My stomach is so weak its not even funny. Shooting in tv/movies makes me heave. Smells make me heave. I had to stop reading a book once (Push by Sapphire) because they imagery was so strong that I literally felt like I was there in the book and started gagging

Oddly enough my first memory is from when about 2 1/2 when I threw up on my entire pre school class. My sister forced me to drink her OJ and it made me sick. So when I got to school we were all sitting in this weird circle table that had seats in the table for the kids....and I threw up and it cascaded around the table and fell in the other kids laps.

I hope they're not traumatized

I'm afraid of throw up and blood. At my nieces cheer showcase a girl threw up in front of me and I started gagging and I had to go away.

Throw up on tv makes me heave. Baby spit up makes me feel weak (so if I never have kids this would probably be why...not the hair stuff). My stomach is so weak its not even funny. Shooting in tv/movies makes me heave. Smells make me heave. I had to stop reading a book once (Push by Sapphire) because they imagery was so strong that I literally felt like I was there in the book and started gagging

Oddly enough my first memory is from when about 2 1/2 when I threw up on my entire pre school class. My sister forced me to drink her OJ and it made me sick. So when I got to school we were all sitting in this weird circle table that had seats in the table for the kids....and I threw up and it cascaded around the table and fell in the other kids laps.

Omg that's so gross I would have literally died. I prpbably should stick to teaching high school instead of elementary because of how often children throw up. I'm just so unprepared for it. I can handle blood, guts, and everything except throw up.

I did a job shadow over a nurse anesthesist and I got to sit in on surgeries it was so fun. They let me touch the removed gall bladder. Oh and I watched an old woman's colonoscopy. That was....different.

Omg that's so gross I would have literally died. I prpbably should stick to teaching high school instead of elementary because of how often children throw up. I'm just so unprepared for it. I can handle blood, guts, and everything except throw up.

I did a job shadow over a nurse anesthesist and I got to sit in on surgeries it was so fun. They let me touch the removed gall bladder. Oh and I watched an old woman's colonoscopy. That was....different.

At work we have some grainy powder stuff that we sprinkle when kids throw up and pee in the children's area and it sucks up the moisture and makes these little balls. I'm okay with sweeping it up and then cleaning the floor afterward...... I just can't be the first responder that comes and sprinkles.

But in the event I ever have to I have surgical masks in my desk.....

My struggle is real.

I hear people get over this type of stuff when they have their own kids.......

they're probably traumatized ;)

i have a similar issue, but with baby formula. my nephew had an allergy to the protein in milk so they had no choice but to use formula and he also had severe reflux so no matter what, he would spit up. the actual spit up wouldn't get me, just the smell of the spit up. every time i had to prepare a bottle i would start dry heaving at the smell. and now, even the smell of the powder mac and cheese packet will get me and ill start gagging. i guess it's the powdered milk smell? lord help me if i ever give birth and my boobs don't work or the child has an allergy... i don't think i can do it.

At work we have some grainy powder stuff that we sprinkle when kids throw up and pee in the children's area and it sucks up the moisture and makes these little balls. I'm okay with sweeping it up and then cleaning the floor afterward...... I just can't be the first responder that comes and sprinkles.
I remember that stuff from elementary school. It just might smell worse than the puke.

I have a paralyzing fear of throw up. I've trained myself to not throw up when I get sick. It's like a mental toughness it's great. If someone threw up on me I'd probably die. My sister threw up on me when I was 4 and ever since I can't be near it or see it. Even on tv shows or movies I have to cover my eyes.

I thought I was the only one....if I hear or see anything throw up related I run away and it gives me anxiety. I've also trained myself to not throw up, no one thinks it's possible but it totally is haha

Would there be a water break somewhere in there...?
You could split the team into 2 groups (this would mean teams of 40-72 people). And the first half of kids could perform for 2 minutes, then there could be an 8-count used to transition the other half of the group onto the mat, and get the current group off of the mat. Then they would perform while the first group got water breaks. The two would then switch and the 2nd group would get water. This would go on until the routine is over.

Back