OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think I might be safe. I've always heard that hair lice has a hard time surviving grease.

Yep! That's when I started greasing cp's scalp - when there was a lice epidemic at the school. I almost died because she got it TWICE. I researched it like I was doing a dissertation, and found out that lice can survive the shampoos they make (like RID) because they're building up immunity (like bacteria and antibiotics). But they cannot survive smothering. So the number one way to get rid of them? Olive oil and a shower cap. Number one way to prevent? Greasing the scalp. Neither of my kids ever got it since then.

Contrary to what most people think, lice love *clean* hair.

I also have a paralyzing hair phobia. If someone's hair touches me it takes all my powers not to throw up. Literally, I start gagging. I don't know why, but eeeewwwww I hate hair.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This is totally random (of course, I'm in the right thread) but how much should a coach be conditioning kids that are new to cheer (i'm talking school cheer)?

Idk why but I've never had an issue with other peoples hair, except if it's in my food. What I do have an issue with is other people touching my hair! People will come up to me at comp and pull my curls and I'm like GET AWAYYYY. Unless I tell you "feel my hair it's soft" you better not just come up and touch my hair. Ever.

I have a paralyzing fear of throw up. I've trained myself to not throw up when I get sick. It's like a mental toughness it's great. If someone threw up on me I'd probably die. My sister threw up on me when I was 4 and ever since I can't be near it or see it. Even on tv shows or movies I have to cover my eyes.

My dad is the same. My entire family got the flu a few years ago and he could not throw up. He had to go to the hospital because he couldn't get rid of the bug.

But what if every kid is new to cheer (and sports in general)?
Build up. Don't do smoed conditioning on day 1.... Whatever you start with will be hard for them. When it starts to get easier, up it.
Don't just make them run. It's good but can't be their only conditioning. And mix it up regularly. I'm not an expert in conditioning so I don't know what specifics but from an athlete who's done the same thing every day, it makes you hate it even more...

Build up. Don't do smoed conditioning on day 1.... Whatever you start with will be hard for them. When it starts to get easier, up it.
Don't just make them run. It's good but can't be their only conditioning. And mix it up regularly. I'm not an expert in conditioning so I don't know what specifics but from an athlete who's done the same thing every day, it makes you hate it even more...

Thanks!

Yep! That's when I started greasing cp's scalp - when there was a lice epidemic at the school. I almost died because she got it TWICE. I researched it like I was doing a dissertation, and found out that lice can survive the shampoos they make (like RID) because they're building up immunity (like bacteria and antibiotics). But they cannot survive smothering. So the number one way to get rid of them? Olive oil and a shower cap. Number one way to prevent? Greasing the scalp. Neither of my kids ever got it since then.

Contrary to what most people think, lice love *clean* hair.

I also have a paralyzing hair phobia. If someone's hair touches me it takes all my powers not to throw up. Literally, I start gagging. I don't know why, but eeeewwwww I hate hair.

Lol yeah, it was my way of saying that black people can...but typically don't get lice because we use grease and lice don't like grease.

I remember being in elementary school when the nurse would come around with the comb to check heads... yuck

I've also heard mayonnaise kills them

I have put off folding the laundry for like three weeks. Between my fiance and I, thats like, so much clean laundry that I've been putting off.

I just spent an hour cleaning, took a few minutes to shower and pee, and then came back and his kid has opened all of his action figures all over the clean laundry, has sat on some, and pushed most of it on to the floor. Im so angry I just cannot.

This is all after I walked over two miles to the grocery store and walked back with huge, heavy bags. And one ripped. And the eggs broke.

I'm so over being an adult today this blows.

So I stalked some cheerlebrities today and believe me I never do that. And I have a question for you americans. Why do you take a pictures with your mouth open. Not a smiling but just open like you're surpised? Is it just to look cute or is that a new thing in US? I really don't get it

Last edited:
So I stalked some cheerlebrities today and believe me I nevet do that. And I have a question for you americans. Why do you take a pictures with your mouth open. Not a smiling but just open like you're surpised? Is it just to look cute or is that a new thing in US? I really don't get it
Since the duck face is sooo seventh grade we need something new to do.

Lol actually I have no idea why. Probably just to look cute?

Back