OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I filled out my small/large all girl bracket, then decided to go through and read some others. Now I'm just frustrated at the amount of people putting Great Whites in 3rd or not even top 3 and I'm not setting foot in those bracket threads again.

Lol this is how I felt reading all the ones that don't have super seniors in the top 3 - or even top 5! (And not one person thinks vengeance can break the top 5? I do. But I'm not doing a whole bracket lol)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I filled out my small/large all girl bracket, then decided to go through and read some others. Now I'm just frustrated at the amount of people putting Great Whites in 3rd or not even top 3 and I'm not setting foot in those bracket threads again.
don't be mad - your chances of winning that bracket go up each time that happens;)

Last edited:
So I'm in the process of applying for a Varsity coaching position and sent in a letter of interest for a JV Coaching position at another school! I don't really think I will get the job because I don't have any experience (yet ;)) but I'm just so excited that there's a chance! It would seriously be a dream come true.

don't be made - your chances of winning that bracket go up each time that happens;)

Hahah this is true! It's just frustrating... They've had the highest raw score posted in competition this year (including Pink) and that routine was watered down, they've beaten Sparkle, VAS, and Flyers (the best 3 IO5 teams other than Pink), and they're actually HITTING really consistently when there is pressure to hit... How can you count them out of top 3?

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see some designs you've done! I love looking at fashion. You should post them! :) unless of course you don't want to.

xl

Here is a peek at one of my designs

Ugh, I need moral support right now; I've done awful in all of my classes this semester (being in college has forced me to confront my reasons for procrastinating, and after doing some digging into my subconscious I've learned that I have an all-or-nothing/perfectionist attitude toward work; e.g. if I have to read 5 chapters and I've only read one, that one doesn't matter at all b/c I haven't read the other 4, or if I'm doing a brain dump/rough or final draft for a paper, I can't write anything down unless it's perfect in my head). I have to constantly remind myself that I'm not thinking about things the right way. My perfectionism is so bad that an essay that I was supposed to pass in over a week ago still isn't done, and I know it's a good paper, but it just doesn't feel good enough. I need at least a 3.5 gpa to even be REMOTELY considered for medical school (I'm pre-med) I can't get myself to study because I'm so used to thinking of things as big, terrifying messes that will cause me to fail. My mom often tells me that I limit myself. She understands why I procrastinate, but I am terrified of telling her how I'm doing in school because I feel like she'll give up on me. (She is literally the perfect mom; she listens to me (usually) and she is really supportive of my love for cheer), but I'm so afraid to talk to her IDK what to do. I honestly feel like a failure right now. I got As and Bs in high school. I have finals coming up and I HAVE to ace all of them. :(:help:
I can so relate! I won't sleep if all my stuff isn't done/read. Sometimes it just helps to go into a study room and basically lock yourself in there until you get all of your chapters read. Taking notes while I read also seems to help me. I reread the chapters at least once and that seems to help me miss whatever I missed before. It can be so time consuming and frustrating though. Also I used to be the same way with papers... I've found it helps to just type everything I'm thinking. For example, the other day I was working on a paper and I had a sentence that I wanted to rewrite. So I took the whole sentence and copy and pasted it into another blank document and then rewrote it 4 different ways until I finally got it right. Being a perfectionist is a pain in the butt! You should probably turn in your paper though, especially if it's just been sitting and you aren't editing it anymore. If you have been editing it, maybe you should get someone else to proofread it and give you a different perspective, that is if you're interested in making it better still. You said you got As and Bs in high school, which is awesome :cheering:! But I know at least for me, college has required me to use a completely different approach for everything I do. Once you figure out what works for you it'll be a lot easier to handle things. I also make a daily schedule with hours, like 12 pm etc. For each block I write in what I need to be working on. It really helps me get stuff done and manage my time better. I realized how much time I waste on here and other social media sites :confused:
Well then, I kind of went on a rant about school but I hope some of this is helpful to you!

Ughhhh my mac is running SO slow! Anyone have tips for me to speed it up? I think its because I watched a movie on some website and now Im getting like blocked pop-ups come up on my URL bar.. my macs only 2 years old!

Hahah this is true! It's just frustrating... They've had the highest raw score posted in competition this year (including Pink) and that routine was watered down, they've beaten Sparkle, VAS, and Flyers (the best 3 IO5 teams other than Pink), and they're actually HITTING really consistently when there is pressure to hit... How can you count them out of top 3?
i think i replied to you on twitter but since this is discussion board we can discuss ;). i dont believe i had gw on my top 3 but i would put them top 5. dont take things like that personally.. it seriously took me an HOUR to do all my brackets.. IAG has way more talent this year than they ever have and like other divisions is so hard to narrow it down! large senior took me seriously a solid 10 minutes where i spent rearranging because there's so much talent and not everyone can make top 3. 3x world champions aren't gonna make top 3.. ITS SO HARD AND I HAD SO MUCH ANXIETY.. haha but seriously they are literally JUST guesses. no one can predict who is going to hit their routine. you never know. its just supposed to be fun!

i think i replied to you on twitter but since this is discussion board we can discuss ;). i dont believe i had gw on my top 3 but i would put them top 5. dont take things like that personally.. it seriously took me an HOUR to do all my brackets.. IAG has way more talent this year than they ever have and like other divisions is so hard to narrow it down! large senior took me seriously a solid 10 minutes where i spent rearranging because there's so much talent and not everyone can make top 3. 3x world champions aren't gonna make top 3.. ITS SO HARD AND I HAD SO MUCH ANXIETY.. haha but seriously they are literally JUST guesses. no one can predict who is going to hit their routine. you never know. its just supposed to be fun!

I know it's just like... Mind blowing that they wouldn't be top 3, especially this year

@Official OWECheer I can totally relate to those feelings. I've posted about it before, but I'm such a perfectionist that there are times where I don't even want to try something because I know I won't succeed at it perfectly. The biggest lesson I've learned over my time in college is that you've got to let that go because you're only holding yourself back more. If you're still working on an essay that was due a week ago that means you're not working on whatever is due this week and it will just continue to snowball until you have a breakdown. I used to have full on mental breakdowns every semester and it's not fun and just brings you down during a time in your life that should be happy.

Good is good enough. I've got that written on sticky notes in various places around my apartment so I have constant reminders that I don't have to be perfect. Adopting that motto has really helped me have a better attitude about my schoolwork and life in general.

Also- have you heard of the pomodoro technique for scheduling? Basically you pick a small task, work for 25 minutes, and then break for 5. It's been shown to increase productivity and I can definitely see an improvement when I use it. I use an app called 30/30 which is a variation on this technique but I'd highly recommend checking it out. Breaking things down into manageable chunks makes it much less scary to try.

Again, I completely understand where you're coming from because I was exactly like that for my first few years of college and still slip into those old thought patterns from time to time. PM me if you ever feel the need to vent or ask more about things that have worked for me. Good luck!!

Last edited:
I know it's just like... Mind blowing that they wouldn't be top 3, especially this year
this year is gonna be insane.. at least one of orange, SE, panthers or stars aren't gonna globe.. at least one of one of ACES, A team, f5, or peach aren't gonna globe.. at least TWO of TG, Cheetahs, Cali, Steel CEA.. I CANT HANDLE THIS

An hour?! I think it took me 5 minutes haha. I was like well, I like this team and they're doing pretty well so let's just stick them here lol

Ughhhh my mac is running SO slow! Anyone have tips for me to speed it up? I think its because I watched a movie on some website and now Im getting like blocked pop-ups come up on my URL bar.. my macs only 2 years old!
You'll have to find some way to clear your history, or clean out your computer if you have antivirus software.

An hour?! I think it took me 5 minutes haha. I was like well, I like this team and they're doing pretty well so let's just stick them here lol

that was an exaggeration but it did take me so long :oops: admittedly it took me a while to put 5 at larges because those teams tend to be not as popular so i didn't know a lot of them.. :wasntme:

trying to arrange large coed and large senior was the hardest..

Can you run malwarebytes on a Mac? I would do that. Plus, go through all of your files and delete all of the extra ones that came along for the ride when you watched the movie. Just go down the list and look at the dates if you are unsure.

Back