OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm going to try to lighten the mood, enjoy this one guys.

Although for the most part the girls perform and wear outfits like the other NFL "cheerleaders", the Baltimore Ravens also have guys that stunt with the girls. I remember seeing them on TV several years ago and thinking that although I dislike the Ravens I would want to cheer for them since they actually do real cheerleading skills.

Although for the most part the girls perform and wear outfits like the other NFL "cheerleaders", the Baltimore Ravens also have guys that stunt with the girls. I remember seeing them on TV several years ago and thinking that although I dislike the Ravens I would want to cheer for them since they actually do real cheerleading skills.
True. I thought of mentioning them because they do stunt, but their uniforms are not cheer-practical: http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ravens6.jpg

Thanks for watching!

ive come to the conclusion that this routine was ahead of its time and a beautiful example of cheerleading. iconic. :cloud9:
from the amount of times ive seen this video in the last 5 years i could probably preform it full out (along with any rochester 05-09 routine) lol

I've gone on a slight rant on Twitter about this but now I am going to bring it here. I'm guessing something was said on today's broadcast of NCA Nationals to the effect of NCA having more people attend than the 2012 Olympics, and Twitter is eating it up. Give your heads a shake people. 9 million tickets were sold to events at the 2012 Olympics. 80,000 spectators were in the stadium for the opening ceremonies alone, substantially more than the venue for NCA holds. BILLIONS of people watched the 2012 Olympics in some form or another. Stop being stupid.

I've gone on a slight rant on Twitter about this but now I am going to bring it here. I'm guessing something was said on today's broadcast of NCA Nationals to the effect of NCA having more people attend than the 2012 Olympics, and Twitter is eating it up. Give your heads a shake people. 9 million tickets were sold to events at the 2012 Olympics. 80,000 spectators were in the stadium for the opening ceremonies alone, substantially more than the venue for NCA holds. BILLIONS of people watched the 2012 Olympics in some form or another. Stop being stupid.
What was said was there were more PARTICIPANTS at NCA than the olympics... That kinda makes sense.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What was said was there were more PARTICIPANTS at NCA than the olympics... That kinda makes sense.

Oh ok, well that's not the way people are taking it on Twitter. I've seen a ridiculous amount of "there were more people attending NCA than the 2012 Olympics, now tell me cheerleading isn't a sport!" tweets.

thats your problem, not the broadcast.

It's not my problem, because I'm not the one posting on Twitter that there were more people there. Every tweet about it I've seen has said more people either "in attendance" or "more people at NCA" NOTHING about more people COMPETING at NCA.

It's not my problem, because I'm not the one posting on Twitter that there were more people there. Every tweet about it I've seen has said more people either "in attendance" or "more people at NCA" NOTHING about more people COMPETING at NCA.
and these are teenagers? why does it matter so much?

It's just ridiculous how much people in this sport get worked up over stupid things like this, and try and justify the sport by these little, usually incorrect, statistics/facts. It's like people saying because we have injuries, we're a sport.
It just makes us look stupider. Use correct facts or stop trying....

Back