OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sorry for posting a million times but UGH THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE
You do not get to tweet in all caps about how awful it is that we used the wrong picture in the yearbook if we posted all the panel pages so that people if people wanted a different pic or name they could get it fixed. Seriously. That's your own fault.
There are 2000 kids in our school. We do a heck of a job getting 99% of the things in the book correct. Don't hate us because we made a few mistakes. We are HUMANS. We have to create a 368 page book that covers the entire school year, but has to be completely done by spring break. We work with coaches who refuse to reply to our emails and teachers who won't let us take pictures of their classes. We cover every sport and club, even though we have lives too. Sorry if it's not good enough for you. We do the best we possibly can, for unappreciative students who only see the mistakes, and only 50% of the student body even purchasing books. We have a YEARBOOK WITH VIDEOS THAT COME UP WHEN YOU HOVER YOUR PHONE OVER IT. How many schools can say that? Certainly not the schools down the road that charge more for a smaller book that doesn't win awards like ours does. Be thankful. Our books are amazing. And they cost $45.
For God's sake, the theme is silver linings.
I want to be happy about our book coming out and being amazing, but these people make it so incredibly difficult. Grr.
The high school I graduated from releases the yearbook a year late. I couldn't buy my senior yearbook since I wasn't a student anymore. Tell the haters they could have that scenario :rolleyes:

... It was worse than I expected. Luckily the order/topics of the multiple choice were very similar to our final, so I knew what I did wrong on the final and how to fix it. I thought the multiple choice was okay, but the free response is another story... :( way harder than our practice one and the individual practice problems. Usually I feel like "eh, I kind of know the gist of this each part, even if I mess up going through the steps" which still gets you partial credit... But some of them I looked at and was like "what are you even asking..."

I think you might be ok. When I took my AP Spanish test I thought the most I would get would be a 3 since it was so much more difficult than any practice version we had had. Turns out I got a 5 and got those crucial college credits!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone that doesn't mind helping me out :

Writing a paper on gender discrimination for one of my classes an incorporating guys in cheer and dance cause I know everyone else will write about females being discriminated against.

My question is :

Would it be correct to say that males in L5/6 cheer are disadvantaged compared to females because they can only do co-ed and females can do all girl and coed (meaning less spots for males vs females in programmes) or incorrect because of the ratio of male cheerleaders to female cheerleaders?
It's hard to support your position in your paper.

I could only come up with a few weak examples. One is with respect to the expectations of a coach. It seems that an automatic assumption is made that the male cheerleader should be doing the heavy lifting so to speak. Even if the male cheerleader is significantly smaller than a female.

Similarly, when it comes to being a flyer I think that males are not always provided the same opportunities in the air. This brings up the point that sometimes there are judges that discriminate against male flyers and don't score them equally compared to a female flyer. It's not common but it does happen. Maybe that's why a coach would choose to stick with a female flyer. I really have no clue.

You already mentioned the fact that there are limitations placed on how many male positions are available in certain divisions (For example Small Level 3 Coed can only have a maximum of 4 males on a team of twenty).

There is also societal discrimination directed towards the male cheerleader.

Beyond that I have nothing. Even stretching it that's all I can come up with..

It's hard to support your position in your paper.

I could only come up with a few weak examples. One is with respect to the expectations of a coach. It seems that an automatic assumption is made that the male cheerleader should be doing the heavy lifting so to speak. Even if the male cheerleader is significantly smaller than a female.

Similarly, when it comes to being a flyer I think that males are not always provided the same opportunities in the air. This brings up the point that sometimes there are judges that discriminate against male flyers and don't score them equally compared to a female flyer. It's not common but it does happen. Maybe that's why a coach would choose to stick with a female flyer. I really have no clue.

You already mentioned the fact that there are limitations placed on how many male positions are available in certain divisions (For example Small Level 3 Coed can only have a maximum of 4 males on a team of twenty).

There is also societal discrimination directed towards the male cheerleader.

Beyond that I have nothing. Even stretching it that's all I can come up with..

Kind of random, but I thought level 3 and 4 senior coed (and junior coed 5) had an unlimited number of guys? I'm pretty sure it's only limited in R5 and the Worlds divisions.

Bm67UEsCUAE4wro.png

I know the Met Gala was a couple days ago but who in their right mind told Bey that this was cute? Seriously... You're Beyonce... One of the most powerful women in the entertainment industry and you wear this..

The high school I graduated from releases the yearbook a year late. I couldn't buy my senior yearbook since I wasn't a student anymore. Tell the haters they could have that scenario :rolleyes:
haha whaaaat. That's crazy. Because of printing due dates all fall sports were covered in that addition of the yearbook and all spring sports were covered in the following year. Everything beside spring sports was for that current year. I did yearbook my sophomore year, only because I had a hole in my schedule I needed to fill. I ended up liking it though. And after we had turned in the book in like late Feb we just got to sit around and hang out all period/do homework/catch up on stuff for other classes, which was awesome.

I just bought a spirit jersey from Victoria's Secret and I totally understand the hype. I would love to get them for our team next year. Sorry sorority girls, but thanks for sharing your fabulous fashions!

And in other news I have a chin length bob now so I'm officially Jenee''s replacement as the other Smoed twin.

Kind of random, but I thought level 3 and 4 senior coed (and junior coed 5) had an unlimited number of guys? I'm pretty sure it's only limited in R5 and the Worlds divisions.
I could be wrong. That's what I've been told. I never have bothered to look it up. You're correct about the Worlds team. I know that you're limited with the World's team. Anyone know for sure ? I need to check the rules on this to make sure. I'd hate to give incorrect information to somebody trying to do research.

I could be wrong. That's what I've been told. I never have bothered to look it up. You're correct about the Worlds team. I know that you're limited with the World's team. Anyone know for sure ? I need to check the rules on this to make sure. I'd hate to give incorrect information to somebody trying to do research.

Just looked it up, as of last season (the new age grid for this coming season hasn't been released yet) it just says 1 or more males for junior coed 5 and senior coed 3 and 4, so it's unlimited. That's what I thought because I know I have seen senior coed 3 and 4 teams with more than 4 guys, but I wasn't sure after you said that.

Just looked it up, as of last season (the new age grid for this coming season hasn't been released yet) it just says 1 or more males for junior coed 5 and senior coed 3 and 4, so it's unlimited. That's what I thought because I know I have seen senior coed 3 and 4 teams with more than 4 guys, but I wasn't sure after you said that.
Wow! Am I the only person that would love to see one of these divisions with about 15 males and 5 females on a team and see what they could do with a routine ? I've seen some all male international teams but I'd love to see a team that conformed to USASF rules on the mat.

Latest posts

Back