OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Curious: has anybody else on here taken methotrexate? I've been on it for 4-5 years for my autoimmune disease, and while I know I can't stop taking it probably for a very long time, I'm still having a lot of trouble with the side effects, mainly nausea, headaches and fatigue. If anybody else on here has any experience with this yucky medicine, or better yet, any tips on how to not feel so crappy after I take it, I'd love to hear about it. It's the one thing I dread the most each week and just thinking about it while typing this is making my stomach roll.

Cp has an autoimmune disease , also (hers is ITP). Although she has not had to take methotrexate, she was on 6 mp which gave her those symptoms. Please talk to your doctor about it and have him do a blood draw just to make sure it isn't affecting your hemoglobin or liver. What may have worked for many years may not be now. If that's not the case, ask if you can take it before bedtime, sometimes sleeping will take care of the nausea part. Cp was diagnosed at 4 and is now 17, she suffers from headaches and fatigue, as well. We have been told, unfortunately, those symptoms are normal when your immune system is working 24/7 attacking whatever it is it attacks. Teenage schedules often don't make time for much sleep and it is so important with an autoimmune disease to make it a priority. Sleep and water, water, water. But, go get that blood draw if you haven't had one in awhile. Big hug from the catlady!

Cp has an autoimmune disease , also (hers is ITP). Although she has not had to take methotrexate, she was on 6 mp which gave her those symptoms. Please talk to your doctor about it and have him do a blood draw just to make sure it isn't affecting your hemoglobin or liver. What may have worked for many years may not be now. If that's not the case, ask if you can take it before bedtime, sometimes sleeping will take care of the nausea part. Cp was diagnosed at 4 and is now 17, she suffers from headaches and fatigue, as well. We have been told, unfortunately, those symptoms are normal when your immune system is working 24/7 attacking whatever it is it attacks. Teenage schedules often don't make time for much sleep and it is so important with an autoimmune disease to make it a priority. Sleep and water, water, water. But, go get that blood draw if you haven't had one in awhile. Big hug from the catlady!
I do take it right before bed. There's no way I would want to be awake after I take it lol. They made it an injection so I don't throw it all up out of my system right after I take it, basically. The day after is always pretty dreadful, though. I get my blood labs done every other visit or so, and they say these meds are the best thing they can do for me right now. Sometimes I can really tell when it's working and sometimes it doesn't seem to be working at all. I have other medicine to help with the side affects and again, sometimes it works great and sometimes not at all. It's so weird! Luckily my disease (scleroderma) was caught early enough and did not develop enough to cause me any pain or hinder me from any activities. My cheek just looks a little funny lol :) Every time I start to whine about it I have to beat myself with a "it could be worse!" mantra haha!

i would just like to publicly let @Just-a-Mom know that wegman's is growing on me. i went to a different location today and the gluten free section had almost two whole dedicated aisles, which is unheard of. and i downloaded the app and it sorts my grocery list by aisle number and estimates what my list will cost.. which just saved this poor grad student time and money :D (but i still prefer trader joe's :p)

i would just like to publicly let @Just-a-Mom know that wegman's is growing on me. i went to a different location today and the gluten free section had almost two whole dedicated aisles, which is unheard of. and i downloaded the app and it sorts my grocery list by aisle number and estimates what my list will cost.. which just saved this poor grad student time and money :D (but i still prefer trader joe's :p)

Wegmanssssssssss!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Europe people - who's watching Eurovision 2014?

I honestly just watch it now for Graham Norton's commentary, I feel like he is the UK's little secret and I absolutely adore him.

I honestly just watch it now for Graham Norton's commentary, I feel like he is the UK's little secret and I absolutely adore him.

I am!! And his commentary makes it, I loved the UK postcard with the red double deckers, it looked awesome.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Androido

So I got the job working on the coast this summer, only problem is the housing is all full so I can't take it. I'm seriously so upset. It's over a 2 hour commute from home so driving that every day wouldn't be worth it. I can't get an apartment or a hotel room for the summer because everything's so expensive. I just want to cry.

French commentary is dreadful... The guy is at least, he gave is personal opinion on each song BEFORE they were performed tonight (and he was not always very polite), and now that they're announcing the scores, he's already complained a few times that countries usually vote for their neighbours... The girl is much classier (she's a former contestant which might help), and it's obvious she tries to compensate his bad comments, but there's not much she can do with a partner like that.

ETA : I'm also wondering if one day, they'll find a French person who speaks English to announce the scores :rolleyes:. I swear we must be the only country to announce scores in our own language.

Them boos though when Russia gave her votes.... chilly!

12 for you Austria. You go Austria!

Latest posts

Back