OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I feel like I shouldn't post cheer stuff on this thread but oh well here goes. Today I had my first college cheer practice (yay!!) and I was put as a flyer after not flying for more than a year. We were doing tosses and other girls were doing tuck tosses but I was literally terrified. I know how to do a tuck tumbling wise but I have a bad mental block right now so I feel like that's contributing. How can I get over this basket fear?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know how you feel, my freshman year of college cheer, I was fine to do tuck baskets, but then one guy who was my base made a joke that he wouldn't catch me so I became afraid to do them. Last season, I only did two tuck baskets which were at camp...the first one was decent but the second one i freaked out and tuck like right out of their hands. At out last practice, one of my coaches said that I'll have to tuck again this year since our two tuck basket flyers are gone...

My advice would be to picture your self doing it. Then once you feel comfortable doing the basket, only do it once or twice a practice. That way you aren't thinking too much about the skill.

@stuntjumptumble I saw a reply to your post but couldn't find your actual post about tuck baskets. See if you can get over the fear of going backwards first. I never did tuck baskets, but it seems like it'd be easier to mentally do after learning rewinds and back tuck dismounts. Baby steps?

I know how you feel, my freshman year of college cheer, I was fine to do tuck baskets, but then one guy who was my base made a joke that he wouldn't catch me so I became afraid to do them. Last season, I only did two tuck baskets which were at camp...the first one was decent but the second one i freaked out and tuck like right out of their hands.
That's awful. That's why I have never joked with flyers like that. While it's scary throwing baskets flyers have never done before, I could never imagine doing the flying and the flipping. If anything I have always said, "we'll catch you no matter what! You got this!"
Y'all are making me reaaaally glad I was a back spot.

How hard are lab puppies to take care of?

My boyfriend recently got a black lab puppy! I've had 3 dogs as puppies and I can definitely say he has been the easiest to take care of. He did perfect and slept the entire way on a 10 hour car ride, he knows when its nap time, he knows when its time to eat and he's so lovable! He's only had a few accidents in the house but he's such an easy dog. He does like to play a lot though, as long as you give him enough attention it'll be so easy! He does like to eat rocks though. Can't ever keep him out of the rocks when we go to play:confused:

So I got replacement phone since nothing has come from our investigation to my stolen phone, and all I can say is thank God for the Cloud because it's almost as if I have my old phone, I just in a new color

I coach HS Field Hockey and one of my players just confirmed for me why I coach. I haven't seen or talked to her since the season ended in October, yet she texted me saying she made honor roll. Made my day, because I've been stressing the importance of education and good grades from the get go and finally got through to someone! School doesn't come super easy for her either, which makes me even more proud. Totally made my day, just had to share.

I coach HS Field Hockey and one of my players just confirmed for me why I coach. I haven't seen or talked to her since the season ended in October, yet she texted me saying she made honor roll. Made my day, because I've been stressing the importance of education and good grades from the get go and finally got through to someone! School doesn't come super easy for her either, which makes me even more proud. Totally made my day, just had to share.
Isn't it a great feeling when they keep in touch like that?

The Fierce Board, where the NSA has nothing on the Mods

So the AC broke at my work today. I work making chocolate, so I basically could do nothing today. The chocolate tanks would not cool down to the right temperature and the caramels wouldn't set. And in addition to this, my boss is really sick and is forbidden to work until Tuesday. So I don't have any production to do, but she wants the storefront open, so I'm going to be paid to sit, essentially. Which is really boring and why I'm on here posting. So, yeah....

Bey and Jay's first show was supposed to start an hour and a half ago. Stadium was at about 10% capacity at the time the concert was due to start. Currently only at about 70% capacity because of traffic trying to get into the venue. People have been told the best way to get there on time is to park on the side of the road and walk. That is some mess.

@stumpjumptumble My first tuck tosses were terrifying (also in the cage, but approximately 9 years ago now lol). Flipping tosses are scary, no doubt. You just have to do them enough times to get comfortable. I can tuck toss in my sleep now. I'll do it on even the most janky bases. Just takes time! And I never tumbled, so I can't offer any comparison to tumbling for you!

Bey and Jay's first show was supposed to start an hour and a half ago. Stadium was at about 10% capacity at the time the concert was due to start. Currently only at about 70% capacity because of traffic trying to get into the venue. People have been told the best way to get there on time is to park on the side of the road and walk. That is some mess.

We've been sitting in the parking lot trying to get out for over an hour.

But a lot of what you said isn't accurate.....but I'm in a rage so I don't feel like disputing.

Additionally this was the most disappointing concert I've ever attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back