OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My biology teacher gave you wall sits if she heard you use that word in her class. I mean, technically she couldn't but if you said it and refused to do it everyone hated you because that's just a horrible word (and she gave you pages).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
people at my work say it and i just give them this long speech and talk about all of my best friends that are special needs.

I'm starting a diet tomorrow and I REALLY hope I can stick to it. I want to lose at least 50 pounds. I've always had a hard time sticking to diets and I just need this time to be different lol

Does anyone have any really good low calorie recipes?? I've been looking at Pinterest but I don't really know how reliable that is.

I know its not super helpful but ive stuck with things longer if I have a friend that does it too. That way you can keep each other on track.

Yeah definitely! My sister is going to do it with me which is going to be nice since we do everything together. Plus we go to the same school so hopefully we can keep it up into the school year :)

people at my work say it and i just give them this long speech and talk about all of my best friends that are special needs.
I don't know if anyone's heard this nasty song "thinking with my ****" but our cheerleaders do 2 dances a year (one at homecoming- with stunts- and one at blackout pep rally) and this year they decided to dance to that at blackout. Real classy. The lyrics are, "got money, retarded, don't want it if it don't clap when she walk" (it gets worse than that too). And we danced to it. And it said retarded. In front of the whole school and junior high (who came for the pep rally as a reward thing). And everyone (including teachers) was totally okay with it. And our special needs kids were at the pep rally. And it disgusted me completely. And it's one of the reasons I'm not a cheerleader my senior year, because I'm not going to compromise what I believe in for a uniform and a title.

ETA: woah sorry for the rant! Had to get that off my chest.

Can somebody post the links to some good, old, funny thread or revive them:) I love reading them!

You basically only need to browse the archives for locked threads. Some keywords to search for: Trinity, CEA, cheerlebrities, Illinois, Maryland, Georgia, Cali

I just wanted to share this video from our yearly "Spread the Word to End the Word" rally at our school a few months ago. It is about one of our students, Cortner. Spread the word to end the word is a rally to stop the usage of the "r word" as it's hurtful and derogatory to not only people with intellectual disabilities but also the ones around them who love them. Watch it! You won't regret it.
tagging @ACEDAD in this because of his tweet about special education programs the other day- one school actually doing things right :)

I am just in awe of this. since i am my self disabilited i understand how hard it is and i am not as disabilited as many of other people are. i always try to defend the people because everyone should be treated the sam. no matter what.

So as some of you may remember, I moved about two hours away from home to live on the coast of Maine this summer waiting tables and cleaning hotel rooms. So I don't have time to go home and see my family, dog or boyfriend :( Yesterday was my 20th birthday and I worked from 8:30- 9:45 from both jobs so it wasn't the most ideal birthday lol. While I was working all of my co-workers came out around the corner with this HUGE cake and sang happy birthday to me in the middle of the restaurant and all the customers were singing too. And then out pops my boyfriend. It was so special to me. I've never really had birthday parties growing up and we stopped doing cake when I was probably 9 or 10 so it was a really nice surprise. I just thought I'd share and say that I probably have the best boyfriend ever and it was SO nice to see him. And my co-workers are totally awesome. I've been here for almost a month and I've already become so close to them! :)

On another awesome note, the whole reason I moved here this summer was to save enough money so that I didn't have to take out another 3k in student loans and I just received a $3,500 scholarship in the mail! So now all the money I make this summer will go towards my other student loans. Yay for cutting down the debt and all the stress that comes with it! :)

So as some of you may remember, I moved about two hours away from home to live on the coast of Maine this summer waiting tables and cleaning hotel rooms. So I don't have time to go home and see my family, dog or boyfriend :( Yesterday was my 20th birthday and I worked from 8:30- 9:45 from both jobs so it wasn't the most ideal birthday lol. While I was working all of my co-workers came out around the corner with this HUGE cake and sang happy birthday to me in the middle of the restaurant and all the customers were singing too. And then out pops my boyfriend. It was so special to me. I've never really had birthday parties growing up and we stopped doing cake when I was probably 9 or 10 so it was a really nice surprise. I just thought I'd share and say that I probably have the best boyfriend ever and it was SO nice to see him. And my co-workers are totally awesome. I've been here for almost a month and I've already become so close to them! :)

On another awesome note, the whole reason I moved here this summer was to save enough money so that I didn't have to take out another 3k in student loans and I just received a $3,500 scholarship in the mail! So now all the money I make this summer will go towards my other student loans. Yay for cutting down the debt and all the stress that comes with it! :)
Proud of you for working so hard to avoid loans! So many students don't realize that taking excessive loans WILL bite them in the butt later. You're one of very few people that would do something that unpleasant (working ick) to get yourself in a better place for the future.

Proud of you for working so hard to avoid loans! So many students don't realize that taking excessive loans WILL bite them in the butt later. You're one of very few people that would do something that unpleasant (working ick) to get yourself in a better place for the future.
Haha thank you! I've heard horror stories and I'm not about that life..

Even with working I'll still be a little under 30k in debt which isn't TOO bad.... I guess. :(

Haha thank you! I've heard horror stories and I'm not about that life..

Even with working I'll still be a little under 30k in debt which isn't TOO bad.... I guess. :(

All things considered, that's not too bad. There are way too many people that go to a $40,000 a year school and pay for all 4 years with loans. Ouch.

I'm starting a diet tomorrow and I REALLY hope I can stick to it. I want to lose at least 50 pounds. I've always had a hard time sticking to diets and I just need this time to be different lol

Does anyone have any really good low calorie recipes?? I've been looking at Pinterest but I don't really know how reliable that is.

I can definitely help with beverages. Buy seltzer water and mix it with juice to make your own soda. Over time, decrease the amount of juice you add to decrease your sugar tolerance.

Also, make smoothies from plain Greek yogurt (I like Chobani), frozen fruit (I like strawberries and blackberries) and vanilla soy milk or water. AVOID COW MILK LIKE THE PLAGUE. It's chock full of hormones.

I can definitely help with beverages. Buy seltzer water and mix it with juice to make your own soda. Over time, decrease the amount of juice you add to decrease your sugar tolerance.

Also, make smoothies from plain Greek yogurt (I like Chobani), frozen fruit (I like strawberries and blackberries) and vanilla soy milk or water. AVOID COW MILK LIKE THE PLAGUE. It's chock full of hormones.
Ahh the soda thing is so smart! I'm really excited to make smoothies and I guess it's a good thing that I don't like cow milk!

Thank you for the tips!! :)

Ahh the soda thing is so smart! I'm really excited to make smoothies and I guess it's a good thing that I don't like cow milk!

Thank you for the tips!! :)

I make a great smoothie with water, ice, spinach, kale, blueberries, almonds and whey protein powder. It's delicious and really filling.

If you ever do drink cow milk, go organic. My kids have only have organic milk; I was told years ago how many hormones are added to regular milk. It's one of the reasons many kids are starting puberty younger than they used to.

Back