OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I posted about local school threats last night and found out that my son's high school is another that had a threat made. They'll also have metal detectors and heightened security presence at their football game tonight. I don't see how it will make the game more safe, the stadium is fenced in with chain link, soooo...

Eta: I'm not concerned about it being a real threat.

It's "raining" in Southern California! And by that I mean there is a small drizzle that lasted under five minutes and made the ground wet. I bet we'll still be on storm watch later though :p

A letter to all parents,
If your kid tries hard in school, doesn't party or do drugs, and can basically take care of his/herself, stop freaking out when they forget to do something menial like picking up their dirty clothes or washing their car.
I promise they could be waaaayyy worse. Embrace that you raised them well and that they, like all other human beings, are allowed to make mistakes. Also, just because they aren't paying their own bills, etc, doesn't mean their lives are easy or their problems trivial.
Sincerely, being punished for "having an attitude" after my mom wouldn't leave me alone on a terrible day

A letter to all parents,
If your kid tries hard in school, doesn't party or do drugs, and can basically take care of his/herself, stop freaking out when they forget to do something menial like picking up their dirty clothes or washing their car.
I promise they could be waaaayyy worse. Embrace that you raised them well and that they, like all other human beings, are allowed to make mistakes. Also, just because they aren't paying their own bills, etc, doesn't mean their lives are easy or their problems trivial.
Sincerely, being punished for "having an attitude" after my mom wouldn't leave me alone on a terrible day

RT

A letter to all parents,
Let's call this... reboarding.

I posted about local school threats last night and found out that my son's high school is another that had a threat made. They'll also have metal detectors and heightened security presence at their football game tonight. I don't see how it will make the game more safe, the stadium is fenced in with chain link, soooo...

Eta: I'm not concerned about it being a real threat.
Went to school today and nothing happened. very confused but still concerned.. people were arrested, though, which is comforting

If you have your gmail on your iPhone I believe you can set it up through the settings in mail, contexts, calendars and if there's a calendar on your main gmail it should pick up on your iPhone and put it in the calendar and events and notify you.

Hope that makes sense :/

Hmm there should be a way for you to get emails or alerts though through gmail and then you'd see it on your phone? I'd just play around with it! :) sorry I couldn't be more help :/

I went to my former high school's football game tonight and there was a torrential downpour. It caused the cheerleaders and band to abandon the game.

Back