OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone watch Bones? I'm so behind on season 10 but I just watched the first episode. I'm currently a mess from the ending and I don't want to carry on anymore. I'm actually still crying.

Oh my gosh, yes. That's the only episode I've watched this season. I just watched about a week ago and I was blown away. I really didn't know that was coming. I was so sad. My daughter watches it religiously. I didn't know it was going to happen, so she wasn't prepared - she cried for like an hour.

Oh my gosh, yes. That's the only episode I've watched this season. I just watched about a week ago and I was blown away. I really didn't know that was coming. I was so sad. My daughter watches it religiously. I didn't know it was going to happen, so she wasn't prepared - she cried for like an hour.
I just couldn't say anything but WHYYY for the longest time. It was so completely out of left field.

Ugh sometimes work just takes it out of me. These residents get so crazy at nighttime.

I had to call the cops on one of my residents because he struck me in the face and then left the facility (it's about one am). So they brought him back, and the cop is like, oh he probably just slapped you a little bit. Uhh no pretty sure he hit me with a closed fist... And then the cops just leave. I'm 5'3" and they left me alone with a 6'3" completely combative resident that just totally punched me in the face. I get that they can't really do anything and I'm not pressing charges but I'd really like some back up until this resident goes back to bed.

So of course it escalates again, and I'm standing in front of the exit door because he is a danger to himself and others. (He's completely delusional and aggressive and I can't just let him leave). He dumped his soda on me and hocked a loogie on my shoe D:. He was also yelling things like about how he's going to light the house on fire, he hopes I (expletive) die, he's gonna kill me, he's gonna tell the nurse I hit him and he's going to ruin my life, etc etc. In reality, I was just standing in front of the exit door, and he's delusional and super forgetful so nothing is going to come of it.

I'm spending some time praying now because I mentally know to not take it personally, but it's pretty scary to have someone scream that at you.

And it's daylight savings time so I have to be here for an extra hour and I just can't do this today.

@AllstarObsession that sounds horrible. It seems like you should have some sort of backup. That worries me.
Yeah it gets pretty scary. Luckily I have some medications (haldol specifically) to back me up, and fiancé lives next door (he works in the same facility so he can come if the situation is serious). The police take these things really serious too.

The real problem that I'm having is that I can't really protect myself without risking abuse charges. I can't restrain him or put my hands on him in any way, and it's really tricky when a resident is swinging at you and you're alone. Even if I'm protecting myself and other residents by doing something like holding him against a wall or holding his hands to his sides, I could lose my certification and be prevented from ever working in healthcare ever again. My current stance is that if the situation is very very serious, screw it, I'm protecting my life first.

My instinct would be to say to video tape so the cops could see that it was more than a smack, but that probably would violate all sorts of HIPAA laws. The mamabear in me, is trying not to say , "get out! No job is worth that!"

Maybe this needs to be discussed with the supervisors. An emergency plan beyond medication should be in place, just in case.

My instinct would be to say to video tape so the cops could see that it was more than a smack, but that probably would violate all sorts of HIPAA laws. The mamabear in me, is trying not to say , "get out! No job is worth that!"

Maybe this needs to be discussed with the supervisors. An emergency plan beyond medication should be in place, just in case.

I completely agree, I just scheduled a meeting with the owner and administration. It's so angering that my hands are tied by so many laws. It's upsetting that a few nasty cnas that are actually abusive to their residents have made it impossible for others to protect themselves against abusive residents. I could actually press charges against him for physically assaulting me, but it wouldn't solve any problems. Hopefully tomorrow night (actually tonight, but I'm just getting home from work) is better.

I believe he had an opportunity to direct or produce a film and they couldn't figure out a way to write him out temporarily. At least that's what my mom said.
Yeah I read an article after I watched it for closure haha it makes sense because I just hate when suddenly they're like non chalant about someone being randomly missing for months and then come back but I just wish it was anyone else but him :(

So confused why mini and youth girls sometimes wear their bows so close to their foreheads!? Was on Instagram and saw a picture on alohaevents and saw the cutest girl but could only see a quarter of her forehead because the rest was covered by a giant bow!

Absolutely losing my mind. I register for classes tomorrow. I am in my second year and can finally start taking classes for my major & minor after having to retake some gen-eds to become eligible.
I need an Experimental Procedures to Psyc class so I can take a lot of the classes I need to fulfill my psych major.
My school is offering one. ONE CLASS THAT IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PSYC MAJORS!! Only one. Why. And it is closed.
Anddd I just changed my minor to gender studies like last week and only one GS100 class is offered, which is also full, and the pre req to every GS class ever.

I'm just stresssssed out because I had a great plan that worked perfectly and now its all screwed up and my entire education is going to be put on delay which is just super cool

Latest posts

Back