OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ohhhhh my gosh our yearbooks came today :cloud9: it was so stressful but they finally arrived and they're beautiful!!! Is this what having a kid feels like? Lol. I spent my entire school year going to photo events, writing stories, and designing pages until 11 pm and to now see the finished product is indescribable. The compliments are great too :) the only complaints Ive heard were a couple misspelled names so we did pretty well. AHH IM STILL SO EXCITED ITS SO BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. It's perfect.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Our yearbook for my first two years of high school in Ohio were terrible. The school board claimed they couldn't afford colored pictures or the shiny type paper most yearbooks have. We also never received our yearbooks until around midsummer by mail, which kind of defeated the whole purpose of a yearbook.

I thought it was kind of funny how my yearbook from my freshman year of high school from the school I transferred from in NC was amazing (I moved mid school year) & all my friends had signed it & my old school shipped it to me. Heck, I was so excited that I had one of my "interview questions" published in it because my high school was so big there & I was only a freshman, lol. Then the school I transferred to in OH had a very sad black & white yearbook with like 30 pages total (granted, we had no senior class as it was only a year old school).

Our yearbook for my first two years of high school in Ohio were terrible. The school board claimed they couldn't afford colored pictures or the shiny type paper most yearbooks have. We also never received our yearbooks until around midsummer by mail, which kind of defeated the whole purpose of a yearbook.

I thought it was kind of funny how my yearbook from my freshman year of high school from the school I transferred from in NC was amazing (I moved mid school year) & all my friends had signed it & my old school shipped it to me. Heck, I was so excited that I had one of my "interview questions" published in it because my high school was so big there & I was only a freshman, lol. Then the school I transferred to in OH had a very sad black & white yearbook with like 30 pages total (granted, we had no senior class as it was only a year old school).

We don't get ours until October of the following school year.....dumbest thing I've ever experienced. No one signs each other's books. They claim it's because they need to get all the spring sports pictures in there but still it shouldn't take an additional 4 and a half months. So like I'm graduating this year and I won't get my senior yearbook until October. When I'm already three months into college. And you have to come back to the school to pick it up. At that point I'm not sure I'll even want to go back to get it.

I have a problem with tripping on or right by CEA athletes...
One guy who goes to my school, has the same lunch as me and I tripped behind him and almost fell on him a few weeks ago.
Last night a girl came to our dance concert, I tripped and caught myself before falling on her

haha ours is 360 pages! With no freshmen! But it's really expensive, the entire thing cost almost $64,000. They're sold for $45, but after a certain point they're $55.They're all in color, the cover is fancy with embossing/debossing and special ink, really nice paper, etc. It makes it a little more expensive but it's worth it!
We try to make sure we get them out in plenty of time. Spring sports get a little bit neglected, they're in the book but it's mostly practice pictures, so if they win districts or anything it'll probably not be in the book, because our last deadline is before spring break... in March. We unfortunately can't cover prom and graduation and stuff either, but I like getting our books during the school year! We have to get them out before the last day of school too because seniors get out before everyone else.

I hate group projects.

Currently working on a forensics project that I had the option to do with a partner. I always choose to work by myself when possible because 1) I hate trying to coordinate out of class time with other people because no ones ever available at the same time and 2) the girl I would have had to work with takes FOREVER on things and puts wayyy more effort into things than necessary (I know that sounds bad, but the teacher for this class is really laid back) and I pretty much just finished the whole thing in an hour.

Currently working on a forensics project that I had the option to do with a partner. I always choose to work by myself when possible because 1) I hate trying to coordinate out of class time with other people because no ones ever available at the same time and 2) the girl I would have had to work with takes FOREVER on things and puts wayyy more effort into things than necessary (I know that sounds bad, but the teacher for this class is really laid back) and I pretty much just finished the whole thing in an hour.
I wish I had the choice to work by myself!! We had to be in groups of four (we only have three...oops).

How much does it typically cost to send a package from America to the UK? Is $14.95 (what the Stingrays proshop charges for international shipping) is a good price or would I be cheaper getting someone to buy it then ship it for me?

How much does it typically cost to send a package from America to the UK? Is $14.95 (what the Stingrays proshop charges for international shipping) is a good price or would I be cheaper getting someone to buy it then ship it for me?
I think the cheapest you can get is $5 for a large envelope, but by the time you've paid for the packaging as well, and for them to ship it to someone in the US then on to you, it probably isn't much difference, but obviously I'm not the expert!

The fact that I have a 90% in ART makes me so mad. Like you gave me a 60% on a project that YOU didn't give enough class time for. And I'm not the only one. My art teacher will be like "This is our most in depth project, we're going to finish it by *insert date 3 class periods from now*" um what? Sorry that you won't let me finish my stuff. And every time I try to finish projects he tells me he can't find my project!

Back