OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My Spanish teacher makes me want to punch things.
I missed a day the week before last week and got my work and everything... Today we had a quiz and she was like "compare and contrast the two songs" but I only had one song.... They did the other while I was gone and she didn't give it to me with the rest of my work. So I told her and she was mad at me like it was my fault! she's like "well I needed to know earlier than when we take a quiz"... How was I supposed to know you did it? I was gone! Was I supposed to magically think "oh you forgot to give me the song" no. It was never mentioned in class afterward, I had no way of knowing they listened to it or that the song even existed. But yet she's mad at me. Okay

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

No. I don't participate. I sit at home and continue to be Thankful and argue with my family. I feel like retail workers deserve the same holiday opportunity I'm given so for that I don't go out in the foolishness.

My older sister has to go to work from 3 Thanksgiving until 1am and I'm livid.

Every year they open stores earlier. For why. Such a selfish greedy way to spend a day that's literally devoted to acknowledging your THANKFULNESS.

I'll get off my soap box now.

I get what you're saying. It sucks that your sister has to work right smack dab in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully you guys will eat earlier for her? I feel bad for my friend who is working 8pm Thursday to 8am Friday morning. But at the same time, Thanksgiving or not, I'd love to be working right now while I'm home. While it will be a tough shift, I'd take it in a heartbeat if I knew how much money I'd be making. There are no jobs around here for college kids. Or adults for that matter.

I don't go crazy for Black Friday. I don't look for deals. I usually spend it meandering the mall with my friends who I haven't seen since summer and enjoy the time I get to spend with them before we all go back to school.

Anyone from Minnesota or Oregon? I'm looking at grad school at Minnesota State Moorhead or Portland State and would love to know what it's like to live/study/cheer there!

Ugh.. So, one of my friend's Step Dad is in a Hospice Care facility and they won't let him in because only blood relatives are allowed in.. His brother, who is his Step Dad's blood son, threatened to go to the press. The nurse said he could go in but security won't let him in unless they get their forms. So, those of you in Canada, is this what usually happens?
might be tardy to the party but NO, this does not happen in Canada. My great uncle was just in Hospice this past year, and everyone in the family went to visit. This includes people like my father, who is not blood related at all and is married into the family. The only this we had to do was sign our name and date at the front door to say we were there.

Does anyone have any advice to canceling your contract through a cellphone company? I am on a two year contract with my dad and brother and I'm ready to rip my hair out. Neither of them are paying me for their share and I'm stuck paying for it. They both agreed that if I put it in my name they'd pay their share. My dad did pay his but he has racked up $80 in data usage checking the weather on his flip phone everyday. My brother hasn't paid one red cent. I want them both gone. My dad isn't under contract because he bought a phone from wal-mart. But my brother is and it's going to cost $350 for an early termination fee. I don't know what to do. I can't afford paying for him and my parents refuse to give me any money for his bill. I'm so stressed about this I'm seriously going to lose my mind.

Does anyone have any advice to canceling your contract through a cellphone company? I am on a two year contract with my dad and brother and I'm ready to rip my hair out. Neither of them are paying me for their share and I'm stuck paying for it. They both agreed that if I put it in my name they'd pay their share. My dad did pay his but he has racked up $80 in data usage checking the weather on his flip phone everyday. My brother hasn't paid one red cent. I want them both gone. My dad isn't under contract because he bought a phone from wal-mart. But my brother is and it's going to cost $350 for an early termination fee. I don't know what to do. I can't afford paying for him and my parents refuse to give me any money for his bill. I'm so stressed about this I'm seriously going to lose my mind.
If everything is in your name, you should be able to split the contracts without an issue. Then he has his own plan under his name. He pays or they shut it off.

My school builds a bonfire every year for the thanksgiving day game and think its so cool so i wanted to share.
BaAmtbjIcAA3Ox4.jpg:large

Sorry its so big

another thing you could try (dont know if you can do it in the us but) here in canada what some people do is they sell the cellphones on kijiji (craigslist) attached to a plan and you just pay like 50 or so to change the names over

I feel like I'm literally drowning in schoolwork. I know this will be nothing compared to med school (fingers crossed) but it's just so much with meetings on top of meetings, practice, homework, etc. Next week is exam week for me, and I'm so worried. I have to do realllllly well on my organic test. I'm just not grasping organic very well right now, and I'm really worried because I scheduled today and didn't get into Organic 2. I don't understand how you can have 5 classes of Organic 1 only 2 of Organic 2. Sorry for the rant, but I hope school gets easier for you!!

Tardy to the party on this, but if you (or any other premeds) ever need advice with med school aspirations, shoot me a message! I'm in my first year of med school now and would be happy to talk about whatever. All the work/stress is worth it, I promise!!

Thanks for the responses everyone. My dad isn't so much the problem as my brother.. my dad's phone isn't under contract so I could drop him no problem but my brother has a smartphone so there's the issue. My dad and I are going to us cellular tonight to try and figure it out.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Fierce Board mobile app

Back