OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Not sure if this has been shared anywhere on the boards yet; Penn and Teller's episode on why cheerleading needs to be classed as a sport (be aware there is lots of swearing/cussing!)

YES AND IT HURTS SO BAD. I hurt it really badly snowboarding once and every year I end up hurting it again. From what I've read, you can easily re-injure your tailbone once you've injured it. This year was especially bad. I re-injured it a few days after Christmas while getting off the ski lift and it hurt like no other - knocked the breath right out of me and made me tear up. And yep, it was right where your jeans end. I haven't found anything you can do to help it other than give it a rest and let it be. Mine still agitates me off and on (but i don't really give it a rest either) but for the most part it's fine. It took about 2-4 weeks until I could sit and get up normally. I hope yours doesn't take too long to heal!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I'm so sorry you've gone through it multiple times!! It does make me feel a little better though that I'm not just being a baby about it haha. I let out quite the string of four letter words when I fell. And then again while making dinner and I had to bend down to get things in the fridge :oops: Thank you for giving me an idea of what's to come!

YES AND IT HURTS SO BAD. I hurt it really badly snowboarding once and every year I end up hurting it again. From what I've read, you can easily re-injure your tailbone once you've injured it. This year was especially bad. I re-injured it a few days after Christmas while getting off the ski lift and it hurt like no other - knocked the breath right out of me and made me tear up. And yep, it was right where your jeans end. I haven't found anything you can do to help it other than give it a rest and let it be. Mine still agitates me off and on (but i don't really give it a rest either) but for the most part it's fine. It took about 2-4 weeks until I could sit and get up normally. I hope yours doesn't take too long to heal!

My uncle started padding his snowboarding pants with foam to help prevent this injury every year.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I'm so sorry you've gone through it multiple times!! It does make me feel a little better though that I'm not just being a baby about it haha. I let out quite the string of four letter words when I fell. And then again while making dinner and I had to bend down to get things in the fridge :oops: Thank you for giving me an idea of what's to come!

Oh no, you're not being a baby. It seriously is one of the worst injuries you can endure, IMO. So painful, especially since you always seem to "use" your tailbone. Just wait til you have to drive. It's just such an awkward position :p

My uncle started padding his snowboarding pants with foam to help prevent this injury every year.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Double post, sorry!

I bought a tailbone/butt pad after this time around (only took 2-3 years of hurting it, right?) Even though I look like a complete doofus with it on, it definitely has saved my tailbone multiple times already :p I'm loving it lol

Tweeting "another great practice at (insert your gym here) Auschwitz" is inappropiate and not funny at all. I can't believe someone would post something like this. They probably have no idea what Auschwitz is and what happend there. This is dissgusting and I hope coaches give her some lessons.
I saw that and was like:jawdrop: So not okay or even close funny.

Has anyone heard of the Cheer Social website? and what exactly is it/the point of it?

Double post, sorry!

I bought a tailbone/butt pad after this time around (only took 2-3 years of hurting it, right?) Even though I look like a complete doofus with it on, it definitely has saved my tailbone multiple times already :p I'm loving it lol

If it keeps you enjoying snowboarding then a worthwhile investment.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Just shoveled my moms car out of the snow. It hadn't been shoveled since that big snow storm and it had all turned to ice. There is no need for me to go to the gym for a couple of days, doing that by myself was workout enough.

Back