OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do HS football games in like Texas and Florida and other hot statesstart late? Or what do you do about the heat? It was like 100 today and they moved the game to 7:30 and had mandatory water breaks for the players. We were sweating so much, it was disgusting. I can't imagine that being the norm... Our first game or two are always sweaty and gross but it was especially bad tonight.
It's miserable. Seriously, until the end of October games start at 7:30 and lots of fans don't arrive until after sundown. The cheerleaders hug the stands for shade and the players have mist fans and cold towels.
What amazes me is the band is still in full uniform with no mist fans. Last year they finally let them march in shorts and polos the first few games. I'm always worried about the refs running the whole game in long pants.
Then the next weeks game is 30 degrees and everyone is in their cars watching with the heater on!
Gotta love Texas bi-polar weather.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We had jamboree today which is a big barbecue for the players and a scrimmage. It was so hot and our uniforms are long sleeve ugh! But I got lots of cute pictures with the boyfriend and I'm so excited for the rest of the season

It's miserable. Seriously, until the end of October games start at 7:30 and lots of fans don't arrive until after sundown. The cheerleaders hug the stands for shade and the players have mist fans and cold towels.
What amazes me is the band is still in full uniform with no mist fans. Last year they finally let them march in shorts and polos the first few games. I'm always worried about the refs running the whole game in long pants.
Then the next weeks game is 30 degrees and everyone is in their cars watching with the heater on!
Gotta love Texas bi-polar weather.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
It was just gross... I don't think starting at 7:30 even made a difference tbh. Some parents were wearing long pants and i was like :confused: The student section had a "beach" theme so they were all half naked. Meanwhile we're melting. To top it off we got killed...
Our band wears a t shirt and shorts for the first couple games. Not sure what your band does but ours sits in the stands the whole time so there's no way they'd be able to wear uniforms the first couple games. The parents would freak out!
Our games go from hot to freezing super quickly too. There are maybe 1-2 nice games each season. It gets so cold that we're wearing multiple pairs of leggings under our sweats, gloves, head wrap, and multiple jackets. So we basically look and feel like marshmallows. :cool:

Do HS football games in like Texas and Florida and other hot statesstart late? Or what do you do about the heat? It was like 100 today and they moved the game to 7:30 and had mandatory water breaks for the players. We were sweating so much, it was disgusting. I can't imagine that being the norm... Our first game or two are always sweaty and gross but it was especially bad tonight.
In SC you just deal. Where I was in school, there were "red flag" rules in SC forbidding outdoor practice if the head index reached a certain temperature. Not sure what the cut off was. The only time we were ever forced to stop an outdoor practice was during a camp in Myrtle where the head index was about 115, but that was probably just a UCA rule.

I HATED cheering in the heat. I despise being hot. I would literally rather cheer in two feet of snow than cheer in anything over like 85.

I just searched the SC High School League website for specific rules on this and found nothing.

Meanwhile in Northern VA we go from dying of heat at one game, to medium chilly nights and of course three bone cold games. I was so happy to have a bad football team just because the longer the season meant cheering in the colder months.

There's always one or two extreme weather games. Every season we get a rainy game, this year we had two-ish one wasn't so bad and the rain cleared up, the other one was complete downpour and we didn't even finish cheering at. T.C. Williams from Remember the Titans is right up the road, like 5 mins from my school and they demolished us in a game on one of the hottest days of the summer. We also cheered the Friday night before Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast.

Last winter, our football team went to quarterfinals and it snowed the Tuesday before our last game, and they were taking pictures that day, so they took pictures in the snow. I think they did individuals in the gym, but tan pictures outside. From what I remember seeing, they turned out pretty cool.

Same in Charlotte. It's a struggle to move anywhere out of Columbia after living in Columbia, to be honest.

Columbia is God's country. People always want to argue with me when I tell them that Columbia is better than Charleston and that I can't wait to move back.

In SC Jamborees/Sportsaramas started last weekend and the first week of official games (Week 0) was this week. Yesterday was the hottest day of the entire summer. Bands don't wear their uniforms, they wear t shirts and shorts. Games start at 7:30 or 8pm depending on how far away the opponent is coming from

Football games temp get enjoyable like mid/late September, but by then end if October it's unbearably cold for me.

Last night in Charleston at 10pm it was 90* so I can imagine all of the football games were hellish.

I'm supposed to go see a coworkers son play tonight. Pray for me

In SC Jamborees/Sportsaramas started last weekend and the first week of official games (Week 0) was this week. Yesterday was the hottest day of the entire summer. Bands don't wear their uniforms, they wear t shirts and shorts. Games start at 7:30 or 8pm depending on how far away the opponent is coming from

Football games temp get enjoyable like mid/late September, but by then end if October it's unbearably cold for me.

Last night in Charleston at 10pm it was 90* so I can imagine all of the football games were hellish.

So for being South Carolina, how cold is cold and unbearable??

That's how our season goes too. Jamboree last week was rainy and humid but at least we weren't hot! Now that school finally started its actually hot, all Sumer it was like 80 and it's been in the 90s several days in a row. The heat index was 102 when the game started last night. If I wasn't cheering I wouldn't have gone by I hate being hot.

So for being South Carolina, how cold is cold and unbearable??

For me personally I can't deal with anything under 60*. I've been known to shiver in 70*. But I'm not the norm. I've cheered in 40* temps and sat out at late November games when it's been in the high 30's.

I loathe the cold. What y'all do for Green Bay games would never be an option for me. I'd never entertain the idea. I refer to my time spent living in Columbus, OH as the dark years.

For me personally I can't deal with anything under 60*. I've been known to shiver in 70*. But I'm not the norm. I've cheered in 40* temps and sat out at late November games when it's been in the high 30's.

I loathe the cold. What y'all do for Green Bay games would never be an option for me. I'd never entertain the idea. I refer to my time spent living in Columbus, OH as the dark years.

Hahah 60's??? People on Green Bay (an anywhere in Wisconsin really) are still in shorts then. Then again we are all used to that cold fall weather. We hope for 30's in the winter...but this past one was tough with majority of games in the negative or else it felt in the negatives with windchill...not so fun for cheer

Weird how different everyone is with temperature but it all just depends where ya live!

Hahah 60's??? People on Green Bay (an anywhere in Wisconsin really) are still in shorts then. Then again we are all used to that cold fall weather. We hope for 30's in the winter...but this past one was tough with majority of games in the negative or else it felt in the negatives with windchill...not so fun for cheer

Weird how different everyone is with temperature but it all just depends where ya live!

People here still wear shorts in the 60's...but I could never do it. I know that I've had anemia off and on my whole life but I'm convinced that the older I get the more difficulty I have regulating my body temperature. I keep a North Face jacket at work in the summer to put on because of the a/c. If its hot outside, I'm extremely hot, to the point where I'm dizzy and seeing stars.

Last winter they delayed school opening because we had like 10* temps in the morning. All of Charleston was shut down because of sleet. I love it.

Back