OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is my sister at her team pictures this week. Just thought I'd show everyone how cute (I think) she is. She loves it so much and is so happy :)
mollyteampics_zps3ab07357.jpg

(I know her hair and makeup isn't very ACE... my mom didn't know any better. Also, that pose is supposedly a thing with her stunt group, idk)

This is my sister at her team pictures this week. Just thought I'd show everyone how cute (I think) she is. She loves it so much and is so happy :)

(I know her hair and makeup isn't very ACE... my mom didn't know any better. Also, that pose is supposedly a thing with her stunt group, idk)
She's adorable! And I love the lipstick

She is too stinking cute! I love her hair, it's so pretty.

She is adorable!!

She is so cute! I love her hair and that lipstick is to die for!

my coach told my team yesterday that we're doing a pen pal thing with CEA Cru5h..I'm actually pretty excited lol. does anyone know what division they are?

She's adorable! And I love the lipstick
She is too stinking cute! I love her hair, it's so pretty.
She is adorable!!
She is so cute! I love her hair and that lipstick is to die for!
Thank you all so much! The team mom told everyone to wear red lipstick, which I was so excited about because I love it!
ETA: Idk how new this multi quote feature is on the app but it's really convenient! Thanks mods!

I think she looks perfect She is adorable!!!

So cute! That pose is a thing within our team as well :p We definitely get a lot of laughs at it

I have a dilemma and I need guidance. I have family friends that own a farm/pumpkin patch, where there are a lot of cats running around. One of the owners found a kitten separated from its mother and decided to keep it and raise it to be an inside cat for their granddaughters (oldest is 6). Here's my issue: they were keeping it in a small cage, outside (in a covered area), with dry food, little water, no litter box, and little human contact. I have gone there the past few weekends to keep it company and play with it, but it barely ate and was so timid and scared and cowered a lot. They kept saying "oh we're going to take it inside soon" but it hasn't happened.
Sunday, I decided enough was a enough. With permission, I took her home, gave her a bath, and got her wet cat food to eat. The poor thing was starving, she ate 3 entire small cans of cat food and was so dirty I had to change the water in the sink because it was brown. I also had to use a knit comb to remove fleas off of her. So I clean her, feed her, put her in the litter box at my house and she relieves herself (and from the size you could tell it has been DAYS since she last used the bathroom) and start playing with her. She had so much fun and was so much more active and approachable than I had ever seen her. But later that day, I had to bring her back. When I get there, she goes back to her timid, terrified self. The grandkids try to pick her up and she was so scared she peed. They had nothing ready for her to be an inside cat (no food, litter box, toys, etc,) so I talked to the owners again and asked if I could keep her for the week to get her weight up and teach her to be an indoor cat, they said sure.
So now I have a kitten living in my bedroom/bathroom that absolutely loves it here and I don't want to give her back. It's not that I'm selfish and want to keep her for myself because she's the cutest thing ever, but I cannot morally send this kitten back to a place where she would not be taken care of. The owners are great people, but they're used to cows and chickens where you can just throw them food and they'll be okay. And the grandkids are not gentle enough with this creature (nor are supervised enough) and if they leave a door open for one second too long, that kitten will bolt out the door and never be seen again. (It happened, kitten ran away and hid in a tractor, I found her and pulled her out.) An indoor kitten needs shots and attention and someone to take care of it, and she wouldn't get that there. I have taken full responsibility for this cat (including financially, she has a vet appt later this week) and I just don't know what to do. I don't want to refuse to give this cat back and ruin our friendship, but this cat could die or be seriously hurt if she goes back there and I would not be able to sleep at night.

I have a dilemma and I need guidance. I have family friends that own a farm/pumpkin patch, where there are a lot of cats running around. One of the owners found a kitten separated from its mother and decided to keep it and raise it to be an inside cat for their granddaughters (oldest is 6). Here's my issue: they were keeping it in a small cage, outside (in a covered area), with dry food, little water, no litter box, and little human contact. I have gone there the past few weekends to keep it company and play with it, but it barely ate and was so timid and scared and cowered a lot. They kept saying "oh we're going to take it inside soon" but it hasn't happened.
Sunday, I decided enough was a enough. With permission, I took her home, gave her a bath, and got her wet cat food to eat. The poor thing was starving, she ate 3 entire small cans of cat food and was so dirty I had to change the water in the sink because it was brown. I also had to use a knit comb to remove fleas off of her. So I clean her, feed her, put her in the litter box at my house and she relieves herself (and from the size you could tell it has been DAYS since she last used the bathroom) and start playing with her. She had so much fun and was so much more active and approachable than I had ever seen her. But later that day, I had to bring her back. When I get there, she goes back to her timid, terrified self. The grandkids try to pick her up and she was so scared she peed. They had nothing ready for her to be an inside cat (no food, litter box, toys, etc,) so I talked to the owners again and asked if I could keep her for the week to get her weight up and teach her to be an indoor cat, they said sure.
So now I have a kitten living in my bedroom/bathroom that absolutely loves it here and I don't want to give her back. It's not that I'm selfish and want to keep her for myself because she's the cutest thing ever, but I cannot morally send this kitten back to a place where she would not be taken care of. The owners are great people, but they're used to cows and chickens where you can just throw them food and they'll be okay. And the grandkids are not gentle enough with this creature (nor are supervised enough) and if they leave a door open for one second too long, that kitten will bolt out the door and never be seen again. (It happened, kitten ran away and hid in a tractor, I found her and pulled her out.) An indoor kitten needs shots and attention and someone to take care of it, and she wouldn't get that there. I have taken full responsibility for this cat (including financially, she has a vet appt later this week) and I just don't know what to do. I don't want to refuse to give this cat back and ruin our friendship, but this cat could die or be seriously hurt if she goes back there and I would not be able to sleep at night.

I don't want to sound rude since I don't know the people who were taking care of the kitten but it sounds like the kitten was in an environment that she shouldn't be in. A terrified kitten could potentially grow into a cat who is combative a la the cats that you see on "My Cat from Hell". I think it is best that you keep her. It sounds like she would get a lot of love in your home :)

Double post, but this is the kitten! I can't post photos because I'm on my phone, so here's a link:
http://i58.tinypic.com/sy0375.jpg
Oh my gosh that kitten is precious. The family doesn't seem like they really want to take care of the cat. Maybe they'd be relieved if you keep it. You could promise to let the kids sometimes come over and play with the kitten.

Back