OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My. Wifi. Sucks.
I finally find the remote to the Apple TV (under the pillows looked under four times) and now I still can't watch anything. I should've gone to brunch. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't figured out if this is an outcome of the Participation Medal mentality we (and I'll throw my generation in there, too) grew up in or if it's the If-You-Didn't-Win-Then-You're-A-Loser-And-Your-Efforts-Were-A-Complete-Waste mentality we are starting to see a lot more of in society. Or a funky combination of both. It's unfortunate though. And it will only get worse as this generation grows up and teaches their kids to act the same way which is the saddest part. (I'm generalizing here, I know many kids don't act this way - but an overwhelming percentage do and it convinces others its ok to behave this way as well.) Gone are the days people learn and grow more with a silver medal in their hand than a gold.

Biggest le sigh ever.

Ugh this. My j1 got second (and deserved second) at a local nationals (COA) this year and cried. I wasn't there because my youth 2 was in warm ups but the assistant coach told me and I almost lost it because I was so frustrated. They preformed beautifully both days but the other team edged them out in technique. It happens. They didn't seem to understand that you can hit, and hit will, and not win. I'm always happier with a zero deduction performance than a win with deductions.

CJMs_vvUYAAZBg7.jpg

Squad goals

Left my charger at my friends house during the fourth of july. I'm the only one with an iphone in my house, and the friends house I left it at is 40 minutes away so yay for not having a phone until Wednesday night. I feel like something important is happening haha.

On the other hand I got a job!!! After 7 months of hunting for jobs today I became an official nanny for a lovely 5 month old.

i would expect a lot of teams to vent right after worlds, but to see things like this

I am a world champion and so is everyone else on Cali Coed 2015

Even tho I didn't win worlds I still look at my finger imagining that there is a ring because I think I'm a world champion

My mom just said "I'm sorry but that blue and black team from California should have won"

... and many more, that have been retweeted over and over for months on end. i dont mean to call out a specific team but they do it every year. non stop. all year long... like we get it, you lost. but learn to be humble and the fact that you placed in the top 3 and move on. cause im sure steel, cheetahs or ACE would love to be in your position right now.
This makes me very frustrated. Someone needs to (gently but firmly) tell those kids to move on. I understand that missing out on the rings must hurt, and they did throw a great routine, but this behavior is cocky and unsportsmanlike. The new season is starting, so they should be looking towards that instead of still complaining about a result that happened months ago.

And before any "they're just kids, give them a break" excuses: coaches and parents need to have a clear conversation with them about sportsmanship and social media behavior.

Congrats to US women football team but when you will guys realize men football is waaaay better than women?

oh and it's football...not soccer...football

Congrats to US women football team but when you will guys realize men football is waaaay better than women?

oh and it's football...not soccer...football

If you were joking about the men's/women's soccer thing, please disregard this comment but if not, you do realize that is why people don't take women seriously, right? Comments like that degrade women and their abilities, whether that's what the intention was or not.

If you were joking about the men's/women's soccer thing, please disregard this comment but if not, you do realize that is why people don't take women seriously, right? Comments like that degrade women and their abilities, whether that's what the intention was or not.

Not to mention I personally find the women much easier to watch than the men. The women don't flop and flail around faking injuries and trying to draw penalties NEARLY as much as the men.

And just to put it in perspective, the US women just pocketed FOUR TIMES LESS winning the World Cup than the US men did for losing in the round of 16. Insane.

Back