OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Not to mention I personally find the women much easier to watch than the men. The women don't flip and flail around faking injuries and trying to draw penalties NEARLY as much as the men.

And just to put it in perspective, the US women just pocketed FOUR TIMES LESS winning the World Cup than the US men did for losing in the round of 16. Insane.

YES! I hate watching the boys fake injuries [emoji19] I like soccer in general because it's fast paced but the men act like such babies if someone even touches their shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention I personally find the women much easier to watch than the men. The women don't flop and flail around faking injuries and trying to draw penalties NEARLY as much as the men.

And just to put it in perspective, the US women just pocketed FOUR TIMES LESS winning the World Cup than the US men did for losing in the round of 16. Insane.

Exactly! At least the women's games usually don't stop every twenty seconds because of a foul or a faked injury. Not a huge fan either way but I find women much more enjoyable to watch.

Not to mention I personally find the women much easier to watch than the men. The women don't flop and flail around faking injuries and trying to draw penalties NEARLY as much as the men.

If you were joking about the men's/women's soccer thing, please disregard this comment but if not, you do realize that is why people don't take women seriously, right? Comments like that degrade women and their abilities, whether that's what the intention was or not.

I'm with you. I saw somewhere a breakdown of the amount of money the winners from the men's versus women's gets: $576 million for the men and $15 million for the women. it's infuriating.

I'm with you. I saw somewhere a breakdown of the amount of money the winners from the men's versus women's gets: $576 million for the men and $15 million for the women. it's infuriating.

All I'm going to say is that really pisses me off because if I say anything more I won't be able to stop ranting.

HOLY MOLY. Talk about blatant pay inequality between genders! That's astounding and not in a good way :/

Maybe the men get bonuses for each injury they get? Faked or otherwise :p I've noticed that guys in general are babies when it comes to getting hurt or when they're sick. Girls can suck it up much more easily.

My son is a soccer player - we are a big soccer family - I said the same thing :) the women don't flop around and hold their ankles or flop every time they are bumped. The women's team handled business and were skilled players.

All I'm going to say is that really pisses me off because if I say anything more I won't be able to stop ranting.

HOLY MOLY. Talk about blatant pay inequality between genders! That's astounding and not in a good way :/

Maybe the men get bonuses for each injury they get? Faked or otherwise :p I've noticed that guys in general are babies when it comes to getting hurt or when they're sick. Girls can suck it up much more easily.

It was stated that this is partly due to the amount of time the men have been playing the world cup and the women's world cup is still relatively new. and then add in the billions more viewers of the men's WC and sponsors and whatnot. Still, not okay, and even if both had been around equal years the women would still probably get significantly less which is ridiculous.

All olympians get the same cash prize for their medals regardless of sport or gender, why is the world cup so different?

It's madness. I understand it's women's sports and they do not bring in as much money as their male counterparts, but that deficit is astounding. I could understand four times less pay for making it to the same round as the men, but four times less for winning four more games and taking the title? ugh.

It's madness. I understand it's women's sports and they do not bring in as much money as their male counterparts, but that deficit is astounding. I could understand four times less pay for making it to the same round as the men, but four times less for winning four more games and taking the title? ugh.
Agreed. And the woman play for the love of the sport where often times the men are looking for or already have professional team contracts. I'm hoping Nike and other such major brands offer these athletes some advertising contracts. It is the only way any of them are going to get compensated.

Agreed. And the woman play for the love of the sport where often times the men are looking for or already have professional team contracts. I'm hoping Nike and other such major brands offer these athletes some advertising contracts. It is the only way any of them are going to get compensated.
Most (maybe all?) of the women on the USWNT play in the National Women's Soccer League here in the US, but it obviously brings is NO WHERE near as much money as the men do overseas or even the US league. It is a step in the right direction though, since it's the most stable league for women here in the US in decades. (There's been at least two that have been dissolved just in recent history). Most of them have outside contracts with Nike and Under Armour and the like, but hopefully this will do nothing but improve on those! Carli Lloyd earned herself some extra endorsement cash last night, that's for sure

I read an article this morning about how we don't have to stop watching the USWNT because the World Cup is over. Fox Sports recently signed on to air some National Womens Soccer League games, and of course we have the Olympics coming up next year. The US league is the strongest women's league in the World and their success this year was probably a big part of that. The more support they get the stronger they will become. And hopefully we can see them in an upcoming Olympic final and World Cup final again soon!

edit: Found the article! You can keep watching the USWNT after the Women's World Cup - SBNation.com

:eek::mad:Well I was watching this program that talked about the blatant inequality in the Modeling industry and I believe, in some sports like tennis, ice skating and gymnastics, the women are paid significantly more than the men and are signed to huge promotional deals and these men were complaining about it... I wanted to weep, and almost did, until I thought about all those WNBA players with lousy contracts and many who are not given decent medical benefits and the inequality that exist in almost every sport and industry, I just could not shed a tear...

:eek::mad:Well I was watching this program that talked about the blatant inequality in the Modeling industry and I believe, in some sports like tennis, ice skating and gymnastics, the women are paid significantly more than the men and are signed to huge promotional deals and these men were complaining about it... I wanted to weep, and almost did, until I thought about all those WNBA players with lousy contracts and many who are not given decent medical benefits and the inequality that exist in almost every sport and industry, I just could not shed a tear...

It's unfortunate that there is such inequality for both sides in sports based on gender. Whether it's men in a female dominated sport (gymnastics) or women in male-dominated sports (basketball), it's a shame that both parties don't get equal compensation or opportunities. I'd really like to see this improve within my lifetime.

Definitely not tennis. They had to fight to get equal prize money in the grand slams. Men are definitely the favorite ones to watch and their matches are usually the ones on center court at the tournements. Though it is possible that individual athletes like Serena or Sharapova make more than many men - but that's not the norm. They're just superstars and famous. And I think the only reason they do get equal prize money in the grand slams (and I'm not even sure that's true for all of them) is because they're held at the same time in the same place. If it was a completely different event like the women's world cup is, I doubt we'd see equal prize money.

How women’s tennis fought for equal pay - The Washington Post

It's soccer when America wins :cool:
I don't remember you guys calling it football when Germany won last year with the men's national team... so I guess that argument is invalid :p.

Back