OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
iPhones just suck all around. This will be my first and last iPhone too. I've been looking at the Samsung phones and I really like them from what I've seen. I'll most likely go with one of those once I decide to get a new phone. My plan was up 2 years ago so I really could go renew at anytime but I have a "working" phone so I'm holding out for the moment.

@CheerBank - I didn't even know some phones still have removable batteries... you just changed my whole new phone checklist!!
Dh has the Samsung Droid Edge. I know he puposely got that one because of the battery situation. It makes such a huge difference not having to worry about that.

Croatia just got a shoutout in White Collar! I'm a quarter Croatian so I always think it's cool when I hear people I'm not related to mention it since its relatively unknown to most people (that I know anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ever heard of the company MedSailors? It's based in the UK and they have fleets of sailboats in Croatia, Greece, and Turkey. Basically you live on a boat for a week with 8-10 people and they island hop while also offering tours and sailing lessons and water activities. The Croatia trip is my dream vacay right now. Perfect way to see a beautiful place, meet fun new people, and relax. If airfare was cheaper I'd have gone this summer, but I'm really trying to save up to go next summer

Have you ever heard of the company MedSailors? It's based in the UK and they have fleets of sailboats in Croatia, Greece, and Turkey. Basically you live on a boat for a week with 8-10 people and they island hop while also offering tours and sailing lessons and water activities. The Croatia trip is my dream vacay right now. Perfect way to see a beautiful place, meet fun new people, and relax. If airfare was cheaper I'd have gone this summer, but I'm really trying to save up to go next summer

I hadn't heard of that! I'll have to check it out, thanks! I'm not big into traveling but Croatia would be an exception. That sounds so relaxing and perfect!

Fierceboarders, I need your expertise. Who knows of any good power banks (those little things that can recharge your phone) that are relatively cheap but are kicka$$? All the ones I'm looking at are not what I want, either in price or in power. Anyone know of any gems? I know some of you have these things to last you through worlds, NCA, Cheersport, etc.

I'm going to NYC next weekend (to see Matilda The Musical awwwwww yeahhhhhhh so pumped) and my phone can't hold a charge to save the little life it has left. It's poop. It's less than poop actually. But I'm sticking with it until it goes up in flames so whatevs. But I want to take pictures and I need my phone to navigate and look up subway things and all that stuff drains my phone so fast. I had to recharge my phone 3 times July 4th when I was in Boston.

I need one that will recharge my phone 3ish times, is under $35 and I don't have time to get it in the mail so I need one in the stores. This would've been taken care of on Amazon Prime day but the ones I wanted sold out in less than a millisecond so cool so cool :)
Little pricy, but Mophies r worth it! Mine can charge my phone full twice.

Are Europeans as impressed when us in the U.S. say we travel to different states for vacation as we are when we hear you are traveling to Croatia, Germany or other countries?

**All my best friends are imaginary**
They don't seem as impressed! Unless it's to like Florida or Hawaii. They are very astounded at how far we'll drive to get to some places. I told some people that my family drives 8-10 hours to go skiing and they looked at me like I was insane! But that's understandable since most European countries have pretty well developed public transportation systems.

@omgitssydthekid I was in Dubrovnik for about three nights and I just got to Split today! It's a beautiful country! :)

For anyone that has had t-shirt quilts made can I ask how much you paid for them?

A local woman, good friend of mine, is asking for $400 to make 1. Sounds high to me but maybe thats normal.

**If you want to know who your real cheer friends are just change gyms**
Wow $400 sounds pretty high! I'm bumping this because I'm curious also!

Wow $400 sounds pretty high! I'm bumping this because I'm curious also!

My grandma does quilts and I asked her about a tshirt quilt because my friend was trying to find someone to make her one and she said that it's not uncommon for the quilt to be a couple hundred dollars. She made my quilt and my sisters for free as a gift but said she wouldn't make another one since it was very time consuming since she makes a lot of quilts to benefit women at shelters.

I did see someone posting about making them on Facebook for $100-$200 but the quilts didn't look nearly as nice.

My grandma does quilts and I asked her about a tshirt quilt because my friend was trying to find someone to make her one and she said that it's not uncommon for the quilt to be a couple hundred dollars. She made my quilt and my sisters for free as a gift but said she wouldn't make another one since it was very time consuming since she makes a lot of quilts to benefit women at shelters.

I did see someone posting about making them on Facebook for $100-$200 but the quilts didn't look nearly as nice.

Mine was about $350. I absolutely love it though!

This person does beautiful work and made me a twin bed size quilt as a gift for being one of her sons hockey coaches. Just not sure I can afford her quality. Maybe I'll have to pick up a few more shifts to pay for them.

I have never hated a person as much as I hate my new roommate. Only two others have ever even come close to it, but this guy takes the cake..

This person does beautiful work and made me a twin bed size quilt as a gift for being one of her sons hockey coaches. Just not sure I can afford her quality. Maybe I'll have to pick up a few more shifts to pay for them.

Quality is definitely worth the extra $$ if the quilt is going to be a lifetime keepsake. Majority of the t-shirt memory quilts i've seen are very basic, 12x12 squares cut out, sewn together, add some batting and the back. I don't think I've seen a real elaborate one. I took quilting as an extracurricular in 4th grade and we were taught to use the machines, use rotary blades to cut the fabric, etc. etc. the end product looked similar to majority of t-shirt quilts i've seen which is why I thought $400 sounded crazy high. Especially since I could make one for probably less than $20 (since I would only need half the fabric since the t-shirts are the fabric on the front)

On the flip side of the coin, I have a company bookmarked onto my laptop for whenever I have kids. A queen size quilt is about $650+ but so incredibly worth it. you can send them an entire tub of baby clothes/fabrics/etc. and they make BEAUTIFUL incredibly detailed quilts. They'll include little buttons from the clothes or a certain part like a pocket if you want. they do the intricate quilted patterns, as well, and the quilts honestly become family heirlooms. I have a family friend who got one from there and it is a keepsake completely worth that money. She got a queen sized one with all the kids clothes, some of hers, grandma's apron, tablecloth from holidays etc. and the whole family uses it and then she got a twin made for each kid that they all took to college. I'd cut corners elsewhere to make those quilts happen.

Back