OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Have no issue with how CSP handled it. The gym referenced doesn't have the greatest history with controlling social media posts and with this athlete possibly not even being a part of the program any longer how much control/power would the gym have?

**No way that's cool aid, must be crack aid for that level of addiction**

Plus, if it was in retaliation to the snorting pixie stick video then I think it was ok. The cheer anons we're starting rumors by saying it was coke and that could potentially defame her business and one of her athletes (who also was a minor).

Anyways, that girl was old enough to get her a$$ publically handed to her. Minor schminor. She knew better.

Have no issue with how CSP handled it. The gym referenced doesn't have the greatest history with controlling social media posts and with this athlete possibly not even being a part of the program any longer how much control/power would the gym have?

I get that, wonder if the gym in reference responded to her tweet since she did tag them?
My concern is for the minor, sometimes kids do stupid stuff because they are insecure or bullied themselves, I'm just concerned that since CSP outed them so publicly this child might do something to harm herself because now she is viewed is such a negative manner. Also if CSP isn't for sure that the young girl is part of the gym in reference why involve the gym anyways?
Maybe I'm missing some background history?! Does CE and the gym in reference have beef with each other?

I get the vibe that CSP made that tweet out of pure frustration and probably didn't give it much thought.

Let's pretend the gym in question doesn't give a crap about the athletes tweet, then what? CSP takes it in her own to also blast a kid on social media? I wonder if CSP reached out to the girl and told her that she knew who she was and was going to out her if she didn't stop.
I guess I'm just always going to side eye any coach/owner/adult for arguing with kids on social media, to me it seems very juvenile!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took me just under a minute to find all the drama on Twitter, yikes! Not sure how I feel about an adult outing a minor so publicly.
I'm not saying that what the cheer anons post is ok, they post rumors and lies and bully other kids but as adult I would have contacted the gym that the young lady cheer at and let them handle it. It just doesn't sit right with me that CSP posted a picture of a minor with her first and last name so publicly! If she would have done it to an adult I would feel differently.

I would agree except there are multiple "anon" twitters with either a gym name or team or avatar associated with them that tweet horrid things about specific gyms, staff and/or athletes and the gyms they are "representing" have the legal means to stop it and have chosen not to, so I am 100% supportive of CSP's actions.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I get that, wonder if the gym in reference responded to her tweet since she did tag them?
My concern is for the minor, sometimes kids do stupid stuff because they are insecure or bullied themselves, I'm just concerned that since CSP outed them so publicly this child might do something to harm herself because now she is viewed is such a negative manner. Also if CSP isn't for sure that the young girl is part of the gym in reference why involve the gym anyways?
Maybe I'm missing some background history?! Does CE and the gym in reference have beef with each other?

I get the vibe that CSP made that tweet out of pure frustration and probably didn't give it much thought.

Let's pretend the gym in question doesn't give a crap about the athletes tweet, then what? CSP takes it in her own to also blast a kid on social media? I wonder if CSP reached out to the girl and told her that she knew who she was and was going to out her if she didn't stop.
I guess I'm just always going to side eye any coach/owner/adult for arguing with kids on social media, to me it seems very juvenile!

Don't out the kid who is causing emotional damage to other kids because it could cause emotional damage to the kid? What?

CSP sent a very strong message to all cheer anons by outting her - "Don't mess with me." She took the power of anonymity away. Nothing this girl was doing warrented protection from the hard consequences.

Plus, if it was in retaliation to the snorting pixie stick video then I think it was ok. The cheer anons we're starting rumors by saying it was coke and that could potentially defame her business and one of her athletes (who also was a minor).

Anyways, that girl was old enough to get her a$$ publically handed to her. Minor schminor. She knew better.

Well, was the video public? Was the kid snorting the pixie dust pretending it was coke? Why make such a video in the first place?
I'm not saying it's okay for anon accounts to publicly embarrass other people but I think CSP took it too far. We are the adults and we are supposed to act like it. I know I'm the minority on how I feel about this but I think if more coaches/owners Took accountability on how they behave on social media maybe their athletes will learn a thing or two.

Believe I feel for CE, seems like anons love to tear them apart but I wish this was handled in a different manner.
I wish more gyms would disinclined their athletes for behavior like this.

The girl was wearing their uni in the picture. I don't necessarily have an issue with it. It's so easy to become brave behind a computer screen and say things you wouldn't dream of saying out loud. Not so great to be on the receiving end. Hopefully it's lesson learned.

The girl was wearing their uni in the picture. I don't necessarily have an issue with it. It's so easy to become brave behind a computer screen and say things you wouldn't dream of saying out loud. Not so great to be on the receiving end. Hopefully it's lesson learned.

I know I saw the picture, it doesn't mean she still cheers there tho. Maybe there is more to this story than I know but I still don't like how it was handled, two wrongs don't make a right in my book.

Don't out the kid who is causing emotional damage to other kids because it could cause emotional damage to the kid? What?

CSP sent a very strong message to all cheer anons by outting her - "Don't mess with me." She took the power of anonymity away. Nothing this girl was doing warrented protection from the hard consequences.

I'm sorry but if my kid made a video pretending to snort coke and was dumb enough to post it on social media, then I wouldn't really be that upset that it went viral and people took it out of context. I guess I just don't see myself blasting a kid on social media, wether they were right or wrong. If it was an adult it's all fair game and I would be the first one in line High-fiving CSP.

It was not until the girl was named that she said she is not with CA any longer.

Unfortunately The only way to get the anonymous accounts to stop is to out them. If they themselves were truly concerned they would've gone directly to the gym owners themselves, but they thrive on being anonymous and the drama they create. To my knowledge CSP only outed her and did not resort to saying what a terrible person she is or calling her a douchebag as other owners have done to athletes for just leaving a program.

Had CA said not their problem, the anon tweeter didn't respond to CSP sending private messages does that mean the anon tweeter can just keep doing what she wants because she shouldn't be outed at the risk of hurting her feelings?

see i didnt really want to bring that part up when i mentioned it, but yeah i kinda side with CSP on this one. If your gonna call out a kid and accuse them of doing drugs im not shocked that she would step up and say something to defend them.

Can some pm me and tell me what gym/twitter? I have a feeling but am not on Twitter anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451944386.587662.jpg

That's what's still online...the anon has deleted their acct

Eta: the tweet with the girls pic is still up as well

It was not until the girl was named that she said she is not with CA any longer.

Unfortunately The only way to get the anonymous accounts to stop is to out them. If they themselves were truly concerned they would've gone directly to the gym owners themselves, but they thrive on being anonymous and the drama they create. To my knowledge CSP only outed her and did not resort to saying what a terrible person she is or calling her a douchebag as other owners have done to athletes for just leaving a program.

Had CA said not their problem, the anon tweeter didn't respond to CSP sending private messages does that mean the anon tweeter can just keep doing what she wants because she shouldn't be outed at the risk of hurting her feelings?

I get it, CSP is frustrated that her gym and athletes are getting drag trough the mud and she felt like she needed to defend her kids, I just wish there a different way to handle it.

If you make a Twitter account for the sole purpose of bashing other kids/teams/programs/whatever then I really don't care who calls you out or how they do it. If you're old enough to do it then you're old enough to deal with the consequences, whatever they may be.
I was going to post this, but said it better than I would have.

Back