OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ugh. My calc is the same way - 33 online problems a week plus around 15 we're "expected" to do on paper after we finish each section, so approximately after every class (MWF). I just don't do the paper ones.... Oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if I'm really struggling I do but I mostly just do online and save the paper ones for review before tests if I need it. Luckily(/unluckily) our physics HW is all online...
And lol! Maybe lets see if I pass it first ;)

P.S. Who in the world invented these programs for online math and science homework? Whoever they are, we're not friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Calc 3 class is the only class I'm actually comfortable with right now. We also have online and written homework but usually only like 5 written and 15 online (with unlimited tries, I think? I haven't hit the cap yet, at least). And the teacher values time management and not procrastinating, so if you finish the online hw at least 24 hours before it's due, you get extra credit!!! This is the class I definitely feel the most confident in!

Its my proofs class that is killing me. It's basically all logic and how to write math and I don't think I understand it. The last homework assignment took me over three hours and took up seven pages.

And my linear algebra class... The homework isn't collected... So I'm not exactly doing it... Which is probably going to bite me in the butt later... But so far it's only review... So we'll see how it goes. [emoji16]

I hope your Calc class gets better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Calc 3 class is the only class I'm actually comfortable with right now. We also have online and written homework but usually only like 5 written and 15 online (with unlimited tries, I think? I haven't hit the cap yet, at least). And the teacher values time management and not procrastinating, so if you finish the online hw at least 24 hours before it's due, you get extra credit!!! This is the class I definitely feel the most confident in!

Its my proofs class that is killing me. It's basically all logic and how to write math and I don't think I understand it. The last homework assignment took me over three hours and took up seven pages.

And my linear algebra class... The homework isn't collected... So I'm not exactly doing it... Which is probably going to bite me in the butt later... But so far it's only review... So we'll see how it goes. [emoji16]

I remember proofs in high school! Strangely, I usually did pretty well on them. I would write out all the information that is known about the problem, and then next to it, I would write out all the things that are likely to be true about the problem. Seeing it all in front of me helped me piece it together. Good luck!

My calc is calc 3 too! We get three tries per problem unless it's a 2 option multiple choice and then we only get one (except I think he has it set up wrong because I got a 2 option MC wrong and was able to fix it). I feel okay about the content it's just the excessive homework :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*rant warning* Think I said this earlier, but I just got my least favourite science teacher for the second year in a row (third if you count when I had her in year seven for math) :( We're probably going to have to do heaps of stuff online, which I hate because the technology never works. So then she will blame it on me when I couldn't do the work because the technology wasn't working. Ugh. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer handing in things on posters or paper, that way I don't have to mess around with computers. I was actually looking forward to this class (Yr 10 psychology) (the class is half y9 and half y10 btw) but now I'm not. She is just a really mean, lazy, inconsiderate, not understanding and unhelpful teacher! Lol sorry for the rant but I'm just really annoyed.

My boyfriend is taking something called Real Analysis (he's a senior math major) and it's only proofs, too. It's the first class he's ever been in danger of not passing. His professor is the only one who teaches it and he just reads to them out of the book all class (and its a horrible textbook; it was written by the retired head of the math department so they use it out of respect for him and it sucks lol) His last test was two problems and it took him the same time length as any other test.
So even though it's not personally, I feel your pain!
As long as we're talking about school though... You know those weeks where everything comes at you at once and you have like all your tests falling at the same time (ironically tests autocorrected to tears) and you just have to roll with it and smile through the pain? Last week was that for me. I had the hardest Chem lab in the series Tuesday afternoon, a bio test Wednesday, a chem test Thursday (at 8am lol) and a geography test Friday.
Ya girl stayed awake for well over 40 hours, but I pulled it off! Idk how I did on the chem lab yet but I didn't burn myself with any chemicals so that's a win, I made A's in biology and chemistry (both for the first time this term lol), and I'm feeling pretty good about geography. I went to bed at like 6 last night and just woke up, but ya know, no big deal.
Alright, *end brag post*

Reading about all these Calc classes both seriously impresses me and makes my head hurt. I switched my major to history in college so I could avoid college algebra and take the math class the football players took. I totally aced the section on Roman Numerals, I felt like a genius in that class;)

OMG, im officially stressed, found out two days ago through our caterer that the wedding planning company that we were using went out of business!!! I was completely shocked, as was the fiance. Luckily our caterer also happens to be a wedding planning business as well, so they were willing to take on finishing planning our wedding. My only stress right now is writing up a new contract and hoping that it doesnt cost us more money, then we have already put down.
im just beyond pissed that the company never even bothered to inform us, apparently according to our caterer they sent out emails, but me and the FI never received one, i mean you think with something that major they would pick up a phone and call you. We also just went to our cake tasting a week ago, and im guessing they are completely unaware of it as well. Im now having to stress about redoing everything and only having 4 months to do it all in.

It took my son awhile to get used to advanced math proofs. They're way different and more involved than what he learned in geometry. He wasn't used to 1 problem taking several hours over days to complete. They usually only got a couple of problems a week for hw and were encouraged/expected to collaborate on them. His tests were very unique. They were given the test problems a week before the test. The packet had 6-8 problems, but they only had to find solutions for 3-4 of them. They had to work on those packets alone and they couldn't bring notes into the test. He started using a program called LaTex which made writing up his hw a lot easier.

All this math talk is giving me a headache :p
English/Humanities people where you at?

Btw I start school tomorrow :(

That would be me. I dropped a psych major after getting a D in psych stats. I did well in math in HS because I had to. College is a whole different ball game.

That would be me. I dropped a psych major after getting a D in psych stats. I did well in math in HS because I had to. College is a whole different ball game.
I had to do psych stats twice because the first time I got a D. I'm usually pretty good at math, but psych stats for me was sooo difficult.

Yeah I'm not understanding my proofs homework at all. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any knowledge about logic statements who can help me out?

OMG, im officially stressed, found out two days ago through our caterer that the wedding planning company that we were using went out of business!!! I was completely shocked, as was the fiance. Luckily our caterer also happens to be a wedding planning business as well, so they were willing to take on finishing planning our wedding. My only stress right now is writing up a new contract and hoping that it doesnt cost us more money, then we have already put down.
im just beyond pissed that the company never even bothered to inform us, apparently according to our caterer they sent out emails, but me and the FI never received one, i mean you think with something that major they would pick up a phone and call you. We also just went to our cake tasting a week ago, and im guessing they are completely unaware of it as well. Im now having to stress about redoing everything and only having 4 months to do it all in.

That sounds like a nightmare!

Latest posts

Back