OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We had a campus visit to Univ of South Carolina and became sweet tea junkies. The struggle is real here. I have bought every brand of sweet tea at the grocery store and "it is not sweet tea". How much sugar and how much baking soda? I'm going to try to make it today.

I don't even measure the sugar anymore. Maybe 2 cups per gallon? And only a pinch of baking soda

My mom used to brew the tea bags in a coffee pot. Like put two tea bags where the coffee would go and run the water

You can also just be lazy like me and brew in a pot (put the tea bags in water and bring to boil). Just make sure the tea bags don't burst.

I typically repeat until I have enough tea water to fill the pitcher (meaning I run the water with the same two tea bags) but some people just brew once and then add hot water.

And yes. Your son/daughter should go to USC

@Nikaa I live pretty close to HP studios, I've only been once but I loved it!

Is anyone on the board from/know anything about gymstars cheer (I think that's what it's called) in Sydney? I'm going to be near their gym for the next few weeks and didn't known if they'd be having any open gyms or anything? I think you guys are currently between seasons right now, so I don't know if that would make a difference? I'm not sure I can handle 4 weeks without training!

If the only sweet tea you've had is Lipton or GOD FORBID Brisk, you haven't had real sweet tea.

I drink brisk, but I never really even considered that it was sweet tea.

There was a little bbq place near my college that had sweet tea my friend from Florida raved about. Otherwise I think I've only had it from McDonald's.

I don't even measure the sugar anymore. Maybe 2 cups per gallon? And only a pinch of baking soda

My mom used to brew the tea bags in a coffee pot. Like put two tea bags where the coffee would go and run the water

You can also just be lazy like me and brew in a pot (put the tea bags in water and bring to boil). Just make sure the tea bags don't burst.

I typically repeat until I have enough tea water to fill the pitcher (meaning I run the water with the same two tea bags) but some people just brew once and then add hot water.

And yes. Your son/daughter should go to USC

I make mine in a pot on the stove like @HeresAThought with three family size tea bags. I use about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of sugar and have it in the tea pitcher already. As soon as the water comes to a boil I take it off the heat and let it sit for maybe two minutes. I remove the tea bags and pour the liquid into the pitcher. Stir all the sugar in and then top the pitcher with cold water from the tap. Never ever ever squeeze the tea bags to try to get any liquid out of them as it can cause the tea to have a bitter taste.

The Olive Garden peach tea (Bellini?) isn't sweet to me at all. I used to love it but now when I order it I feel like they need to take it back and do better

I don't know why more northerns don't just start making sweet tea on their own and basically force sweet tea to happen there on their own. Start a revolution.

Water. Tea bags. Sugar and some people add baking soda

You will not usually find the pairing of "Northerners" and "sweet tea" in the same sentence unless there is the word "dislike" included as well ;).

I think tea of all types is gross. Actually I'll drink the bottled Lipton green tea with citrus or powdered "lemon iced tea" that you pour into a water bottle. Real tea, sweet/unsweetened is gross to me. and every college I applied to is in the south (except mizzou) so....

I think tea of all types is gross. Actually I'll drink the bottled Lipton green tea with citrus or powdered "lemon iced tea" that you pour into a water bottle. Real tea, sweet/unsweetened is gross to me. and every college I applied to is in the south (except mizzou) so....
Go Tigers.

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**

I can only drink hot tea, and the thought of cold tea makes me sick to my stomach.... My brother on the other hand will only drink unsweetened, but he refuses to call it unsweetened. If we go to McDonald's he'll say he wants a tea and then get mad if they ask him if he wants sweetened or unsweetened.
My boyfriend gets unsweetened but then puts two creamers in it... I don't really get that.
Also my cousin graduated college yesterday. A semester early. With a double major. And a 3.9 GPA. Oh.

MIZZOU is in the SEC, so they are honorary.

**If you don't know, look in the Fierce Board Terms.**

I can only drink hot tea, and the thought of cold tea makes me sick to my stomach.... My brother on the other hand will only drink unsweetened, but he refuses to call it unsweetened. If we go to McDonald's he'll say he wants a tea and then get mad if they ask him if he wants sweetened or unsweetened.
My boyfriend gets unsweetened but then puts two creamers in it... I don't really get that.
Also my cousin graduated college yesterday. A semester early. With a double major. And a 3.9 GPA. Oh.

At first I was like ... "That's really weird." But then I thought some more - milk in hot tea isn't weird. And I'll still drink my cup of tea once it's cooled. And milk/bubble tea or Thai iced tea has milk in it. So it's not that weird I suppose. But for some reason we don't consider putting milk or cream in our iced tea.

I really love all types of tea, besides sweet tea. Sometimes when Starbucks gives me sweet tea on accident I'll try to drink it, but I just can't because I think it's so disgusting.

Tazo(?) brand teas are great. Especially the passion tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love all tea! It's so much better than coffee. I tried some southern sweet tea in Mississippi this summer, I mean it was from McDonalds, but it was better than the sweet tea at WI McDonalds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back