OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
But tea isn't really a thing here! Which is probably part of why I don't like it :oops:

Well, that needs to change. Sweet tea is the best. And Crystal Light Peach tea is a good diet replacement.

**If you don't know, look in the Fierce Board Terms.**

At first I was like ... "That's really weird." But then I thought some more - milk in hot tea isn't weird. And I'll still drink my cup of tea once it's cooled. And milk/bubble tea or Thai iced tea has milk in it. So it's not that weird I suppose. But for some reason we don't consider putting milk or cream in our iced tea.

Mmmmmmm bubble tea. That's pretty much the only tea I'll willingly drink. And I like it coffee flavored.

A cheer account just spammed my instagram so I looked at their pictures. They have a picture of SSX competing with the caption "SXS <3" They just put down whats on their uni and don't know the real team name... :cow:

Yes, bubble tea is my life. I work in Chinatown, so it's hard to lose weight lol. Bubble tea, Thai iced tea, noodles, dim sum... Ugh!

I've had to make sweet tea in restaurants in the south for like 20 years of my life, so I know how to make it. I just won't DRINK it.

To make sweet tea, most restaurants use simple syrup, not straight sugar. Brew your pot (vat, bucket, jar, whatever) of tea. Mix about 2 cups of sugar into about 1-2 cups of boiling water. Let it cool - it becomes thick, like syrup. Mix it into your brewed tea, to desired sweetness. Voila. Your nasty sweet tea is ready.

Yesterday I ordered an iced tea lemonade from Starbucks with green tea (exactly what it sounds like: iced tea mixed with lemonade) and they just gave me a regular green tea. No thank you. It was gross. I'm salty about it.

Yesterday I ordered an iced tea lemonade from Starbucks with green tea (exactly what it sounds like: iced tea mixed with lemonade) and they just gave me a regular green tea. No thank you. It was gross. I'm salty about it.

I love green tea! I never drank it until a couple of weeks ago, but now I love it! Do you have a Panera near you? Theirs is my favorite. It converted me

We got our score breakdown from my last mock trial competition yesterday (we find out who wins right after the competition but wait a few days before scores are released). We lost by 0.3 to a very successful, established private school team. I am incredibly impressed of our school's team this year!

I've only had coconut! Yummy!

The town I went to college in had a take out Taiwanese place that had bubble tea and you can bet I could've lived off of that stuff. I would pressure my room mates into ordering food from there so they would make up the $10 minimum for delivery with their food so I could have my bubble tea delivered to my door. :D It essentially had no tea in it but there were sooooo many flavors. The coffee flavor was my favorite. It was like 1000x better than iced coffee. The bubble tea from the stores at home have tea in them and I always have to force myself to ignore the tea flavor. I recently tried Almond Chai Bubble Tea and it was interestingly refreshing. And I hate almonds and tea.

I've only had coconut! Yummy!

Honeydew or cantaloupe are my favorites. Just heaven. The place near my job literally has hundreds of flavors and combinations. They use tapioca, jello, popping bubbles, every fruit ever, etc etc etc. I can NEVER decide and there are always lines out the door waiting so it's high pressure to order quickly... So I just panic and get honeydew.
The town I went to college in had a take out Taiwanese place that had bubble tea and you can bet I could've lived off of that stuff. I would pressure my room mates into ordering food from there so they would make up the $10 minimum for delivery with their food so I could have my bubble tea delivered to my door. :D It essentially had no tea in it but there were sooooo many flavors. The coffee flavor was my favorite. It was like 1000x better than iced coffee. The bubble tea from the stores at home have tea in them and I always have to force myself to ignore the tea flavor. I recently tried Almond Chai Bubble Tea and it was interestingly refreshing. And I hate almonds and tea.
This is the place we go by my job. It's crazy. I haven't eaten there yet, but I think I will!

Standing Room Only: Joy Yee Smoothie Station | Serious Eats

Honeydew or cantaloupe are my favorites. Just heaven. The place near my job literally has hundreds of flavors and combinations. They use tapioca, jello, popping bubbles, every fruit ever, etc etc etc. I can NEVER decide and there are always lines out the door waiting so it's high pressure to order quickly... So I just panic and get honeydew.

This is the place we go by my job. It's crazy. I haven't eaten there yet, but I think I will!

Standing Room Only: Joy Yee Smoothie Station | Serious Eats

Good lord. Heart eyes emoji times 100. I neeeeeed it :eek:

Now I'm going to make sweet tea!!! Thanks guys

And btw do people really put baking soda in it? I have made it all my life and never heard of it and I'm definitely from the south!

Now I'm going to make sweet tea!!! Thanks guys

And btw do people really put baking soda in it? I have made it all my life and never heard of it and I'm definitely from the south!

Yes. I found out a lot of restaurants here do it (esp chinese) did it a few years ago. I've tried it a few times and I def taste a difference but it's not something I personally do every time I make tea.

Latest posts

Back