OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I find it a bit amusing that some of the people brushing off this whole IG/Tumblr thing are some of the people that jump on just about anybody for anything that could be slightly offensive.

Do I think it was racist/offensive/etc? Absolutely not. But if someone posted it that wasn't as well liked or respected on the board, all hell would have broken loose on here (i.e.- the thread about kids dressing up as cholas for practice.) This would be why I rarely post anymore.

I *think* that many people stay away from that topic because we just had a racism discussion this summer. To say that it didn't go well would be an understatement. If you read through several threads you will notice that people tip-toe around that topic. So I guess that's also true here and has nothing to do with who is involved.

I find it a bit amusing that some of the people brushing off this whole IG/Tumblr thing are some of the people that jump on just about anybody for anything that could be slightly offensive.

Do I think it was racist/offensive/etc? Absolutely not. But if someone posted it that wasn't as well liked or respected on the board, all hell would have broken loose on here (i.e.- the thread about kids dressing up as cholas for practice.) This would be why I rarely post anymore.
I wouldn't consider that it was "brushed off" in any way. Mstealtoyou addressed it head on immediately and apologized. What more do you expect? I think this thread may have taken a turn more to what you wanted or expected if she hadn't done so.

I *think* that many people stay away from that topic because we just had a racism discussion this summer. To say that it didn't go well would be an understatement. If you read through several threads you will notice that people tip-toe around that topic. So I guess that's also true here and has nothing to do with who is involved.

I really doubt had this been a real issue it would not have been tip toed around.

You could be right but I think the situation on the whole has made everyone realize it is not what it appears to be.

I'll venture a guess that had it been revealed as soon as the pictures went up and by a respectable source it may have also gone different.

*Mentally conditioned and convinced I could do a back tuck. The paramedics disagreed*

You pretty much said the response I had typed and deleted multiple times since last night. Maybe people are just wary of getting into another race debate but I think had it been anyone other than Ms. Teal's daughter (so I guess that means we can vouch for her?) the discussion would not have gone the way it did. People wouldn't have been so upset that it was posted here.

I too, don't think she's racist and I'm happy that Ms. Teal addressed it head on and admitted it was in poor taste and a mistake. But even before she responded people were clucking their tongues over the picture being mentioned here.

You pretty much said the response I had typed and deleted multiple times since last night. Maybe people are just wary of getting into another race debate but I think had it been anyone other than Ms. Teal's daughter (so I guess that means we can vouch for her?) the discussion would not have gone the way it did. People wouldn't have been so upset that it was posted here.

I too, don't think she's racist and I'm happy that Ms. Teal addressed it head on and admitted it was in poor taste and a mistake. But even before she responded people were clucking their tongues over the picture being mentioned here.
So you are saying had it been Cheer Son, Little Razzi, or even onecoolmomma (hope I got that right) involved we would have been skewered?

*Mentally conditioned and convinced I could do a back tuck. The paramedics disagreed*

So you are saying had it been Cheer Son, Little Razzi, or even onecoolmomma (hope I got that right) involved we would have been skewered?

No, I'm not. I don't think we should be skewering anyone, but I'm wondering why we're so quick to call other kids racist or make it into a big discussion, but when it's the child of a well-respected fierceboarder its so quickly brushed off and deemed not appropriate for the boards.

Isn't that the way life is though? When you have a background on someone and respect for them based on their past posting (and for some, based on actually knowing them as a person not just a poster), it makes sense to give them the benefit of the doubt and accept their explanation (if you find it acceptable of course).

@Cheer Dad I'm pretty sure the same respect would have been given had it been your cp or any of the posters you mentioned. I would at least hope it would be. I even feel the poster who brought it to here did not do it maliciously but out of concern.

Had it been someone out of left field though, yes, they would have been skewered. With bbq sauce.

No, I'm not. I don't think we should be skewering anyone, but I'm wondering why we're so quick to call other kids racist or make it into a big discussion, but when it's the child of a well-respected fierceboarder its so quickly brushed off and deemed not appropriate for the boards.
I don't think it was deemed not appropriate to discuss on the boards, and it was to a degree, but it was a non issue based on the background story. Maybe had MsTeal not been on the boards to address it head on it would have been different.

Back