OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Lots of great suggestions from earlier.

What is the life style like of your position? (Like do they have to travel a lot, deal with press/how often/how much, is that position all work and no play, etc)

What do you think are the top 3 personal skills someone needs to be successful in that career path?

What are some ways you've seen people fail/succeed at their job that is specific to that career path?

How is the job security? How are the job outlooks?
Yes also wanted to add... I've talked to one NBA team's publicist before and she has said "I haven't dated in 4 years, you have no personal life and you have no holidays. The team travels on the holidays, that's when the big games are" it totally changed my outlook on a career in big league sports.

Yes also wanted to add... I've talked to one NBA team's publicist before and she has said "I haven't dated in 4 years, you have no personal life and you have no holidays. The team travels on the holidays, that's when the big games are" it totally changed my outlook on a career in big league sports.

My younger brother is going to school for "theater production" and audio engineering so he wants to do things behind the scenes at concerts and plays. He's worked at the local theater in the summers and their only days off are Monday's and you don't have a lot of free time. He's also worked with a lot of bands (Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Gym Class Heroes, Mayday Parade, and a lot more) through school gigs and those are long, long days. He loves it and is really good at what he does but I worry that it will be a difficult lifestyle to live as he grows up and wants to settle down. (Though to be honest, neither of us are the "settling down" types.)

Originally I wanted to be a sound engineer and tour with bands as a sound person before I chose graphic design. I'm now glad I didn't because I like my freedom and not being a slave to my job.

My younger brother is going to school for "theater production" and audio engineering so he wants to do things behind the scenes at concerts and plays. He's worked at the local theater in the summers and their only days off are Monday's and you don't have a lot of free time. He's also worked with a lot of bands (Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Gym Class Heroes, Mayday Parade, and a lot more) through school gigs and those are long, long days. He loves it and is really good at what he does but I worry that it will be a difficult lifestyle to live as he grows up and wants to settle down. (Though to be honest, neither of us are the "settling down" types.)

Originally I wanted to be a sound engineer and tour with bands as a sound person before I chose graphic design. I'm now glad I didn't because I like my freedom and not being a slave to my job.

My first degree was in Stage Management and I have to agree that this post is spot on. At some point, most of my techie friends and I had to decide between a life and family or the theater ...it is sad, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked in a hotel during my senior year and it always made me laugh when we had tennis / hockey / gymnastics parents staying for tournaments and they would start freaking out because the movies prices for the theater across the street would be 5 dollars. They were always so amazed.

i dont know if anyone here knows or even cares but the womens world championships in ice hockey is in my country and even in my town this year and it starts tomorrow! the swedish ladies is probably not going to medal even though they got 4th at the olympics last year, but i hope the canadian or the us teams wins (yeah i probably should root for finland but the swedes and the finns have a deep hatred for each other when it comes to ice hockey.)

i dont know if anyone here knows or even cares but the womens world championships in ice hockey is in my country and even in my town this year and it starts tomorrow! the swedish ladies is probably not going to medal even though they got 4th at the olympics last year, but i hope the canadian or the us teams wins (yeah i probably should root for finland but the swedes and the finns have a deep hatred for each other when it comes to ice hockey.)

hockey is fun. go USA.

Buzzfeed answered my question about who is/was the Justin Timberlake of One Direction... none of them

One Direction Won’t Produce The Next Justin Timberlake

E! News also alerted me to the fact that Zayn was spotted at a recording studio.

I need to turn off my E! news alerts

But I love it when my questions are answered... I guess
ill definitely agree to the facts about justin timberlake career. he had some of the best timing when it came to launching his career, but i also think he would have been the only one of the group to pull it off, if any of the others did what he did i dont know if i could say they would have as much success as he has had.

ill definitely agree to the facts about justin timberlake career. he had some of the best timing when it came to launching his career, but i also think he would have been the only one of the group to pull it off, if any of the others did what he did i dont know if i could say they would have as much success as he has had.

They wouldn't have had success. I think that some people just have "it" and some people thrive in groups. I think that for the Backstreet Boys, none of them had "it". I think (from what I've learned the past...3 days) that One Direction is more BSB than NSYNC in terms of group success vs solo. They might be good together but individually they don't have "it". That's why none of them (from BSB) reached Justin Timberlake solo success. Beyonce has "it", but Kelly and Michelle don't. They're both pretty, Kelly has a good singing voice and probably better than Beyonce's but something about her never connects to audiences. Michael Jackson had "it"....Jermaine didn't.

Hope they're saving their millions accordingly

Buzzfeed answered my question about who is/was the Justin Timberlake of One Direction... none of them

One Direction Won’t Produce The Next Justin Timberlake

E! News also alerted me to the fact that Zayn was spotted at a recording studio.

I need to turn off my E! news alerts

But I love it when my questions are answered... I guess
Yes, cp informed me as soon as I got home today that Zayn released a statement that he is pursuing a solo career. Her sadness has morphed into a little bit of anger right now.

If you ordered something from your gym and keep getting told it is on back order yet everyone else who ordered the same item has received it long ago how long would it take you to figure out it was never ordered and ask for your money back?

For hypothetical purposes let's assume the said product was 'ordered' in plenty of time for NCA, as evidenced by everyone else having theirs, but still has not arrived and the season is basically over.

**Show of hands, who thinks their vague booking about changing gyms is so clever we don't understand it?**

Back