OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok so I know this is a little late but I got invited to my friend's bridal shower and I don't know what I'm supposed to get her. Do I get something off her registry for the shower and the wedding? Or is this just supposed to be something else? I've never been able to go the shower before so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get them haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the registry for both if you can.

ETA: Unless it's a 'theme' shower...like lingerie or something, in which case that might not be on her registry!!!

Last edited:
Ok so I know this is a little late but I got invited to my friend's bridal shower and I don't know what I'm supposed to get her. Do I get something off her registry for the shower and the wedding? Or is this just supposed to be something else? I've never been able to go the shower before so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get them haha.

Going to a Couple's Shower this weekend and their wedding in May. (turns out I will be attending the shower I asked about a while ago) For this weekend I got them a gift card to a place they are registered, and for the wedding I will get them an actual item off the registry. Both items will be from Target though, because they are registered there and I have a Red Card so I get 5% off everything and free shipping. Plus I figured the gift card could come in handy for anything they don't receive off their registry.

Definitely get a gift off her registry for the shower. Since she'll be opening it in front of everyone, it's best to have a physical gift for her to open.

You don't *have* to get her a gift for the wedding, but people usually do both. I always give a check at the wedding, but you can do registry for that as well.

Also in all fairness, gift cards WERE on their Target registry, so I feel like I'm safe here lol

My warmup time for US Finals this weekend is 7:54 [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58] that means meet at 6:50 aka I don't drink coffee but I'm gonna need some

Our j3 is the first team to go at 7 am [emoji52] fortunately I don't coach them so I don't have to be mentally at the competition at 6:15...just physically which is going to be a struggle anyway.

My warmup time for US Finals this weekend is 7:54 [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58] that means meet at 6:50 aka I don't drink coffee but I'm gonna need some
I went to US Finals Indianapolis this past Sunday and we were the first team of the day to compete....my coach made us meet at 6:15. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be? It was nice getting done so early.

Spring has finally sprung in Cape Breton. I'm on my deck tanning in a bikini, but there's still two feet of snow on my lawn. It will be gone eventually.

Okay...I posted this on the roommate rants page but my roommates and I aren't going to resign our lease in June. I can either attempt to find new roommates and a new apartment, or I could move in with my dad and step-mom who are currently paying for my apartment and bills associated with the apartment. My current car gets terrible gas mileage and has absolutely seen better days, and I was wondering if it would be unreasonable for me to ask for a new (to me) car if I move back in with them? My commute to school would be 35 minutes each way five days a week, and my commute to work would be 35 minutes from school and 15 home for the two days a week that I would be going to work straight from class. I'm not even sure how to bring this up to them without seeming like a brat.

I would only be living with them for my final year of college and then (hopefully) moving out and getting an apartment when I (hopefully) get an adult job after graduation/(hopefully) go to grad school.

Okay...I posted this on the roommate rants page but my roommates and I aren't going to resign our lease in June. I can either attempt to find new roommates and a new apartment, or I could move in with my dad and step-mom who are currently paying for my apartment and bills associated with the apartment. My current car gets terrible gas mileage and has absolutely seen better days, and I was wondering if it would be unreasonable for me to ask for a new (to me) car if I move back in with them? My commute to school would be 35 minutes each way five days a week, and my commute to work would be 35 minutes from school and 15 home for the two days a week that I would be going to work straight from class. I'm not even sure how to bring this up to them without seeming like a brat.

I would only be living with them for my final year of college and then (hopefully) moving out and getting an apartment when I (hopefully) get an adult job after graduation/(hopefully) go to grad school.

My parents paid my housing when I was in undergrad and then when i commuted my senior year with my internship, my mom filled my gas tank every week because she included that in my "expense" for going to school. she didn't have to and I don't know that I'd have even thought of asking her for a car instead. But approach it kind of from that standpoint, i think, that if you don't live in an apartment and save rent, you may need a new car to make that possible. look into some cars and know what the monthly payment would be versus what they were paying for you to live on your own. approach it nicely and show them they'll save money. and offer to contribute every penny you can from your job. the worst they can do is say no.

I don't think it's unreasonable. If you live out again, would they be footing the bill for that? Ask to speak with them about it and do a cost comparison of living out expenses vs. new car expenses. I totally understand though. Even if it would be saving my mom money I could see it blowing up when brought up. Definitely choose your words carefully and emphasize the benefits of the new car

I got all of the classes I needed and at the times and days I wanted and I am SOOO happy! No early morning classes bc me and early mornings don't mix well... and no Friday classes... I'm taking 16 hours and my latest class ends at 3:20 which means I can still make it to work. I'm pumped.

I don't think it's unreasonable. If you live out again, would they be footing the bill for that? Ask to speak with them about it and do a cost comparison of living out expenses vs. new car expenses. I totally understand though. Even if it would be saving my mom money I could see it blowing up when brought up. Definitely choose your words carefully and emphasize the benefits of the new car

They told me that they would pay for all expenses with my undergrad, so tuition and room and board either on or off campus. It's cheaper off campus so that's why I got an apartment my sophomore year. But once I get to grad school, they said they'd help pay for tuition but I'm on my own for other things unless I really need help with something.

Fortunately I'm really organized and already have spreadsheets of my monthly budget and charts of how much I spend on certain categories haha. So that'll be easy to compile.

Thank you @njallday and @cheerKT! :)

Back