OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm so torn.

On one hand, I want to see him dead because of what he did. I absolutely believe in a life for a life; however, because of our justice system and knowing the rights he now has gained, my heart breaks for the survivors who will be in and out for court for at least the next 10 years as appeals go through.

If this were a case where he was sentenced, pulled outside, and hung for all to see...I'm game. In this case though, I'm in the middle.
A little sick in my opinion, no offense. No matter how evil a person is, I could never revel in their execution. Reminds me of when Osama bin Laden was killed, many of the quietest people that day were the families of 9/11 victims. They just wanted to enjoy their peace. Other people, on the other hand, were partying in the streets with champagne.

No prob. I do the same every time I look at my GB hoodie. Oh wait.... ;-P
Lol my fault. It will happen this summer, I actually have money now (thank you internship) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little sick in my opinion, no offense. No matter how evil a person is, I could never revel in their execution. Reminds me of when Osama bin Laden was killed, many of the quietest people that day were the families of 9/11 victims. They just wanted to enjoy their peace. Other people, on the other hand, were partying in the streets with champagne.

Snort. Sorry, but the last thing in the world I am is 'sick.' Aside from that, Osama's death was a surreal moment in our house; on one hand, my husband was currently an Active Duty soldier who had deployed multiple times and we knew the safety of all of our soldiers over there was in graver jeopardy than it had been in years, while at the same time, it was reassuring to know that he was never going to live on or have any real peace in his life. I'm not an evil person, I'm not even sure I could watch a public execution without looking away, but in clear cut cases such as this I wish we would carry these sentences out swifter versus having the families suffer through years of appeals.

Snort. Sorry, but the last thing in the world I am is 'sick.' Aside from that, Osama's death was a surreal moment in our house; on one hand, my husband was currently an Active Duty soldier who had deployed multiple times and we knew the safety of all of our soldiers over there was in graver jeopardy than it had been in years, while at the same time, it was reassuring to know that he was never going to live on or have any real peace in his life. I'm not an evil person, I'm not even sure I could watch a public execution without looking away, but in clear cut cases such as this I wish we would carry these sentences out swifter versus having the families suffer through years of appeals.
Oh, I never meant to call you sick. I just think the act of watching a hanging is sick. I am definitely a fan of the death penalty in cases like this (why spend precious taxpayer money keeping someone alive if they are that malicious?) but I am not one to celebrate anyone's death. But I can see your point.

Soooo I have a cheer comp this Sunday and looks like I will not be wearing a uniform again but this time everyone else is wearing old ones but as far as I am aware I will be wearing a black tee and spanks. I Hate it as I stand out enough as it is being bigger and have short hair I don't want to stand out even more when I don't have the best skills on the team. Hopefully I will have my uniform in time for nationals in July so I have paid £100 to wear it once

Sorry needed to rant

Soooo I have a cheer comp this Sunday and looks like I will not be wearing a uniform again but this time everyone else is wearing old ones but as far as I am aware I will be wearing a black tee and spanks. I Hate it as I stand out enough as it is being bigger and have short hair I don't want to stand out even more when I don't have the best skills on the team. Hopefully I will have my uniform in time for nationals in July so I have paid £100 to wear it once

Sorry needed to rant

Eek! Why the long delay? Do they have an ETA on when it should be there?

So my old high school picked Bring It On as their spring musical and I just saw it and it was so good! My old coach was the assistant director and a lot of the cheerleaders were in it and I'm so shocked at what they got non-cheerleaders to do.

Also with the whole death penalty thing, I'm against it for practical and emotional reasons. Practical, because it is more expensive to execute someone (court fees with appeals and what not) than to keep them alive. And also one of the main tenants of my religion is that it's wrong to harm or wish harm on any living thing, so as hard as it is for me, I wouldn't wish death on anyone, no matter what they did.

I'm 100% against the death penalty and will never, ever be convinced that it is anything other than state-ordered murder. The appeals will take decades, the cost will be huge, and someone will die. Let him rot in jail without parole, but don't take away someone's right to life.

I'm 100% against the death penalty and will never, ever be convinced that it is anything other than state-ordered murder. The appeals will take decades, the cost will be huge, and someone will die. Let him rot in jail without parole, but don't take away someone's right to life.
Even though those that get the death penalty took away others right to live? I agree that rotting in prison can be far worse of a punishment but he took lives of innocent people.

Maybe I'm a little bit more emotional towards this because my cousin and his fiance finished the race just 16 minutes before the bomb went off and it was a terrifying situation to be in.

Back