OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Has anyone watched the documentary Somm? It's on Netflix. It's about a group of people and their journey to become Master Sommeliers (aka wine masters). The testing is INSANE and has an incredibly low pass rate. There's only like 150 Master Somms in North America, and only 23 of them are women.

It was incredible fascinating to see how these people could taste wines and identify so much from them. When I taste wine all I can gather is if it's sweet or not, and sometimes I can't even tell that.
I watched it on Netflix a couple months ago. Absolutely fascinating....had no idea they existed. Though, I thought the blond guy was really cocky, he took his results well.

I watched it on Netflix a couple months ago. Absolutely fascinating....had no idea they existed. Though, I thought the blond guy was really cocky, he took his results well.
I only heard about it recently, there was an article about how one of the only female Master Somms just opened a wine bar in Charlotte. I had no idea it was so elite. Definitely making some time to check out that wine bar now. For uh, research. :cool:

I think they all took their results really well, which was probably a testament to how common it is to fail.

Whattttttt :confused: holy moly that's insane.

I went to the thrift store today and felt bad spending $50 on clothes. But it was 50% off day so how could I pass that up?
haha yeah it was crazy. my manager was like "okay so this lady always tends to spend a lot on her kids here so just try to help her out." and with that in my mind I was like okay cool she'll spend like maybe $300 on stuff.

ughhh. so i rent and pay for a condo and their stupid fees that my parents have owned for 10 plus years, that i no longer live in (i live with my fiance in his house obvi) we are keeping it for my parents sake because they are retiring in a year so my parents and i basically split the cost of the place.
well now they put a lovely locked gate around the pool that me and my boyfriend would love to use since we do not have one of our own. we went over to get a key for it and were rudely told we werent allowed to have one since we no longer live in it, even though the landlord is fully aware of who i am since i still go over there once a month to pay the stupid bills (to add to this i pay 140 a month for landscaping which is a completely rip off since i barely have a yard to begin with). she then proceeded to tell me the single key would cost $50 bucks :eek: and then told us if we lost it we would be revoked of pool privileges. she also made us aware in order to even get the dumb key that she would have to talk to my dad since she was unsure if we actually were residents of the neighborhood........:banghead: im 27 years old and this woman decides to treat me like a 5 year old and basically tells me she needs daddy's permission for me to use the pool.
i told my boyfriend to just buy a big blow up pool and put it in the backyard. i cant believe how much of a rip off living in apartments can be these days.
Actually, if you pay the Homeowners/Condo fees, you are paying to use the amenities therefore they must give you (or your parents) a key to said amenities. If they withhold the key, they would not be in compliance with the rules. That being said, I have 2 questions: 1) Is the property sitting unoccupied? 2) Is there anything in the homeowner/condo documents stating that properties must be occupied? Certain areas have strange requirements/laws so that might be their "loophole" .

Actually, if you pay the Homeowners/Condo fees, you are paying to use the amenities therefore they must give you (or your parents) a key to said amenities. If they withhold the key, they would not be in compliance with the rules. That being said, I have 2 questions: 1) Is the property sitting unoccupied? 2) Is there anything in the homeowner/condo documents stating that properties must be occupied? Certain areas have strange requirements/laws so that might be their "loophole" .

That's a good point. Yes you/your parents are paying the condo fee, but if you had rented it out, would you still have access to those amenities? Probably not, your tenant would in your place because they're the one occupying it.

It seems silly that they should make such a fuss about it since they clearly know you, but if you can show them a bill with your name on it at that address, they really shouldn't have much of an excuse to refuse you anything.

That's a good point. Yes you/your parents are paying the condo fee, but if you had rented it out, would you still have access to those amenities? Probably not, your tenant would in your place because they're the one occupying it.

It seems silly that they should make such a fuss about it since they clearly know you, but if you can show them a bill with your name on it at that address, they really shouldn't have much of an excuse to refuse you anything.
This makes sense, but I've come to the point that I'm not gonna try and fight it. The management there is known to not give two craps... I might purposely skip a maintenance fee just to piss them off. Oh well

@ ErinS, I am not going to go there with you because you are talking as if you the only one, who have a domain on this topic... I am not going to flaunt that I too have a connection with one of the person killed and I am sad and upset too... I have family members who live in SC and still live in SC and I spent considerable formative years (Summers) in that State... Matter of fact, this discussion of taking down that flag in SC has been discussed for well over 50 yrs, it is well past the time to take it down, if not for us, do it for the generation of young people, STOP Talking, just do it...Furthermore, I have a right to voice my opinion on a topic that is close to my heart too and you are not the only person who lost love ones to this kind of hatred, so like I said before symbols of hatred, violence and racist ideas must be taken down, NOW! I am not advocating taking these things down will stop the racist ideas, but it is not their minds I am trying to preserve, but the minds of the young people, White, Black, etc... In my opinion, this is a first step, hey, a State that is willing to fly this artifact of racist hatred and ideas and willing to protect it, then it speaks volumes and possibly it shows support for these ideas...

PS: Other news, I been told that church burnings are happening again!
Just recieved word that the SC legislature now has enough votes to remove the flag. (2/3rds majority)

Has anyone watched the documentary Somm? It's on Netflix. It's about a group of people and their journey to become Master Sommeliers (aka wine masters). The testing is INSANE and has an incredibly low pass rate. There's only like 150 Master Somms in North America, and only 23 of them are women.

It was incredibly fascinating to see how these people could taste wines and identify so much from them. When I taste wine all I can gather is if it's sweet or not, and sometimes I can't even tell that.

I avoided all responsibilities this evening to watch this. Definitely worth it. *Spoilers ahead* I'm glad the three eventually all passed. I was so sad when Ian, the blonde one, didn't get it when the other two did but to see his friend say "we'll get you through it, you're coming with us" was so heartwarming. I love the friendship the three of them have.

But yeah, that test is insane. It makes me wonder how much they spend to even get to the level of taking the master exam. Think of how much wine they have to buy and how expensive that must be. Wine you don't even get to drink but have to spit out!

Just recieved word that the SC legislature now has enough votes to remove the flag. (2/3rds majority)
HALLEJUAH,I am so happy to hear this STUPPENDOUS news! Because the tendency is, when 1 state votes down something, the other states tends to follow suit, so I trust that Mississippi will be next to take down this artifact of hatred...
I am not naivete, I know this does not erase racism and the people who practice racism, but it helps when a state that my relatives pay taxes in does not appear to openly support these racist ideas. Imo, it is the next generation that will most benefit from this ruling...
Unfortunately, while we were celebrating the Supreme Court favorable support of Gay Rights, as many as 5 Black churches were burned down last week, so we as a country took 2 steps forward and still managed to take 2 steps backward at the same time...

Last edited:
I avoided all responsibilities this evening to watch this. Definitely worth it. *Spoilers ahead* I'm glad the three eventually all passed. I was so sad when Ian, the blonde one, didn't get it when the other two did but to see his friend say "we'll get you through it, you're coming with us" was so heartwarming. I love the friendship the three of them have.

But yeah, that test is insane. It makes me wonder how much they spend to even get to the level of taking the master exam. Think of how much wine they have to buy and how expensive that must be. Wine you don't even get to drink but have to spit out!
I was wondering, does spitting it out give them a better sense of the taste? Or do they just spit it to avoid getting intoxicated and not being able to judge the wines as well? I guess it's a little weird to swallow the wine you've sloshed around in your mouth, but I just wonder the real reason behind it.

I saw Inside Out tonight and I loved it so much. I'm 16 and I cried. Twice. It was so so so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was not planning to see this movie, but after reading all these wonderful reviews from the public, I am going to go see it tomorrow...Tbh, I hate being left out of a good tearjerker, I am warning y'all, it better be a good picture, just saying...lol

Back